It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi women to hang for acts of resistance!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Listen to you all?

This lady fought for her home, her family and her country, fighting the occupiers who invaded her land based on LIES...

Agit8 , yes they were lies, yes we are in the wrong , yes it was a mistake, but hey we are there, its only a bunch of arab/muslims so what the hell.

I just hope going by some of these replies that we in America are never invaded wrongly by a foreign entity, because going by how some people perceive the reactions of these Iraqis, it seems they would give up this country in a heartbeat and on top of it, give up anyone attempting to fight off the invader.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
These people are being tried by war tribunals. The precedents are being set and examples being made.

The message is: Give up your guns, defending your homes and families is a useless case.

Ironically it is also the message of Islam: Give up your lives (to Allah) and submit to the higher power.

The thing I see is that it breeds more jihad. Living and dieing in an evermore tightening circle [visualize noose].

[edit on 23-2-2007 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
timeless test

So what you're saying is that it is part of the process of law. Surely that is a good thing even if you don't like the outcome of that process?

LOL, a warcrime legitimised in writing, by an illegitimate puppet government.
It's still illegal under international law.

How can a crime being condoned by law be a good thing? How can 3 fighters be hung for doing what is their basic human right be a good thing? I should like the process even if i don't like the outcome?????? WHY? because i should love court cases where resistance fighters might be executed, wether or not they are or aren't?

Your saying, that, i should like that there is any law at all, even if it's devoid of any decency, justic or human rights? DO you think this sort of 'law' is something we haven't seen before? Sounds like the law of saddam's time, so what's changed? Now that your government applies it, we should like it and thankyou for this "civilisation".

How can you even try to spin this your way?

They're not PoWs, they were not operating in a manner covered by the Geneva Conventions and are still subject to the law

Oh right timeless, because you've got all the facts right, you have phsycic abilities. Since you have deemed them not to have POW status, then they don't have it. No need for an independent international verdict, no need for the world of any leader, we have got you to tell us the way it is.

Indeed, President Bush has repeatedly stated that Geneva applies in Iraq (although he has since claimed that foreign fighters captured in Iraq are not covered).

www.globalresearch.ca...

Got it?

------------

And i will repeat again, Prisoners of war have probably been executed in this fashion ILLEGALLY UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW, since the begining.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

How can 3 fighters be hung for doing what is their basic human right be a good thing? .

Since when is killing someone a human right?

I must have missed the publishing when they made it a right so have to ask.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

timeless test

So what you're saying is that it is part of the process of law. Surely that is a good thing even if you don't like the outcome of that process?

How can a crime being condoned by law be a good thing? How can 3 fighters be hung for doing what is their basic human right be a good thing? I should like the process even if i don't like the outcome?????? WHY? because i should love court cases where resistance fighters might be executed, wether or not they are or aren't?

Your saying, that, i should like that there is any law at all, even if it's devoid of any decency, justic or human rights? DO you think this sort of 'law' is something we haven't seen before? Sounds like the law of saddam's time, so what's changed? Now that your government applies it, we should like it and thankyou for this "civilisation".

How can you even try to spin this your way?

They're not PoWs, they were not operating in a manner covered by the Geneva Conventions and are still subject to the law

Oh right timeless, because you've got all the facts right, you have phsycic abilities. Since you have deemed them not to have POW status, then they don't have it. No need for an independent international verdict, no need for the world of any leader, we have got you to tell us the way it is.

Indeed, President Bush has repeatedly stated that Geneva applies in Iraq (although he has since claimed that foreign fighters captured in Iraq are not covered).

www.globalresearch.ca...

Got it?

------------

And i will repeat again, Prisoners of war have probably been executed in this fashion ILLEGALLY UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW, since the begining.

SS- over 2/3 of the Iraqi population participated in the elections. How is the Iraqi government illegitimate? Is it illegitimate to those who aren't the majority party(who happened to oppress the majority of their countrymen, when they were the majority party.)

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

What exactly are you saying is illegal under international law and, therefore, a warcrime? A law put in place by an elected Government has been applied against these women because they murdered a number of policemen. Carrying out that sentence is NOT a warcrime unless it is in breach of the Geneva conventions. The Government arguably has rather more legitimacy in terms of its democratic credentials than any other in the region and certainly more so than those administered by unelected dictators who hold power by accident of birth or brute force alone.

We discussed the conventions earlier in the thread. As far as I know, (and no I'm not psychic any more than you are), the conventions do not apply to these women because they were not regular soldiers, (wearing recognised uniforms, carrying their weapons openly etc.), but still acted as combatants, i.e. not as civiliians. So, like I said, the sentences are a process of law and that is at least one step better than summary justice.

It seems that the manner in which the legal process was applied left much to be desired but that is hardly news for much of the middle east even where the West has not attempted to impose itself on others.

Now that your government applies it, we should like it and thankyou for this "civilisation".

It's actually being applied by the Iraqi judiciary which is nominally separate from the Iraqi Government, (elected by Iraqis), which, in turn is separate from the US Government. Finally, although it may not always seem that way, the US Government is separate from the British Government and I am British. So, whoever is applying the law in Iraq these days it certainly isn't my Government.

Oh right timeless, because you've got all the facts right, you have phsycic abilities. Since you have deemed them not to have POW status, then they don't have it. No need for an independent international verdict, no need or the world of any leader, we have got you to tell us the way it is.

Hey, don't knock it, I give a terrific service, I'm very cheap and usually available on line.

I've already conceded that I don't know all the facts, I am making what I think are some some reasonably well founded assumptions. If I am wrong then the opportunity certainly exists to call those responsible before a war crimes tribunal in time. As it stands, even the journalist who wrote the story, (who, if you do a little bit of research, you will find is far from an impartial observer), makes no attempt to suggest that the women did not carry out the murders.

Prisoners of war have probably been executed in this fashion ILLEGALLY UNDER INTERNATIONAL LAW, since the begining.

Maybe not in this fashion but I can only agree that innocents have certainly died at the hands of all sides.

Syrian Sister, let me make my position clear. I oppose the death penalty for all crimes in all countries and the present situation in Iraq brings me no pride or pleasure other than my admiration for the courage and professionalism of the fighting forces of my country who are trying to do an apallingly difficult job which is not of their personal choosing. But, if guerilla style freedom fighters murder policemen, or indeed anyone else, then they must accept the consequences of their actions.

I would be far happier if they did not feel compelled to take such action but since they have then it is inevitable that, if caught, they will be punished according to the law.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja

SS- over 2/3 of the Iraqi population participated in the elections. How is the Iraqi government illegitimate? Is it illegitimate to those who aren't the majority party(who happened to oppress the majority of their countrymen, when they were the majority party.)

If you believe the Iraqi government to be legit the same way that you believe the reasons Bush go into war in Iraq . . . then is no argument on this with you . . .

Iraqi government legit? just because Bush said so . . .

1-Iraqi government can not govern without US intervention . . .

2-Iraqi government can not control its own police and military . . .

3-Iraqi government favors one side of the population over the other one . . .

Iraqi government legit? Bush said so . . . then It most be legit.

[edit on 23-2-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
"Iraqi government legit? just because Bush said so . . . No because the Iraqi voters say so.

1-Iraqi government can not govern without US intervention . . .False

2-Iraqi government can not control its own police and military . . .False

3-Iraqi government favors one side of the population over the other one . . .I can't really argue that the Shia aren't the majority in the Government, but it is a representative government and the Shia are the majority sect, so naturally they'd have higher representation.

Iraqi government legit? again- Iraqi voters say so "

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The point of the war is to get the Iraqi government to govern by themselves. Without having to worry about the extremists going to another country and blowing something up.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join