It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Iraqi women to hang for acts of resistance!

page: 1
11
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Talk about misstreating prisoners of war!!!!!!! Talk about throwing out the geneva conventions!!!!!!

These 3 women are going to be executed by the collaborationists and the occupiers, for the act of being patriots and fighting for their national independce!!!!!


Iraqi women to hang for acts of resistance
By LeiLani Dowell

Published Feb 17, 2007 7:56 AM

At a time when U.S. occupation troops and puppet Iraqi troops have committed hundreds of thousands of murders of Iraqi civilians, three women are being executed for their alleged role in the armed resistance. The Supreme Iraqi Criminal Court has sentenced the women to death by hanging, with the executions set for March 3 in Baghdad.

According to attorney Walid Hayali of the Iraqi Lawyers Union, 31-year-old Wassan Talib has been charged with the killing of five police officers in an attack on the police; 25-year-old Zainab Fadhil was charged for an attack on a joint patrol of the Iraqi and U.S. armies in Baghdad; and 26-year-old Liqa Muhammad was charged with the killing of an official in the Green Zone in the course of a kidnapping.

The attorney points out that the women were denied legal counsel before and during the trial, and therefore there was no lawyer present to appeal the convictions.

Muhammad is still nursing a child she recently gave birth to in prison. Talib has a 3-year-old daughter with her in the prison.

www.workers.org...


UNFREAKEN BELIVABLE !



Do you call this civilisation? Where is the honour?
Killing resistance fighters just like the nazi's did.

These women where well within their rights under the geneva conventions!!

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 20/2/2007 by Mirthful Me]

thanks mirth

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Syrian Sister]




posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:31 AM
link   
So they're going to hang a bunch of murderous criminal thugs...great!

I don't see the problem here



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:33 AM
link   
So what exactly are you saying?

I take on board the allegations of a lack of proper representation at their trial and I cannot comment on the validity of that one way or another but are you saying they shouldn't have come to trial?

Should they have been allowed to go free having murdered at least 6 people and kidnapped others, or should they have simply been shot when they were tracked down?

I understand your anger at the scale of death in Iraq from a range of activities but what exactly do you think the authorities, albeit they are an occupying force or their puppets, should have done?

[edit on 20-2-2007 by timeless test]



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Why the big outcry SS. They have been sentenced by their own court, so no big deal, they are murderers , it's the law of the land. I also don't see a point in the article of adding that one of the women is still nursing a child. So what, is that supposed to reduce the sentence and make people feel sorry for her. No chance, mate.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Bravo! Three more insurgents to the gallows... Thank you for posting this as I wouldn't have known that justice for the Iraqi policemans family is being served. They should be able to rest a little better knowing that the murderer of their fathers and husbands shall be swaying from the noose.

If not for your stance in the matter I'd have given you a WATS for bringing to our attention that the penal system in Iraq is getting better and better. Cudos to them for trying to gain a semblance of order and cracking down on sectarian violent acts against the state.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Listen to you all?

This lady fought for her home, her family and her country, fighting the occupiers who invaded her land based on LIES...

and you believe its right to HANG her , because she defended her home?

All this does is show the world, we really are a brutal occupying force.
You think this is going to WIN hearts and minds? Or bring the resistance to cease fighting?

Your turning into savages........ and whats worse is you sit here and praise it from your loungeroom....

What would you feel, if you saw your wife being hung, bceause she fought the people who invaded and occupied America?



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I can see from a procedural standpoint taking issue with this execution, as it doesn't give a very professional image to the court system, but at least justice will be served to these murderers.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
She's a murderer because she defends her home against the foreign occupier.

Your hereo's because you kill the natives of the land you occupied.

what have we become!




posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

You talk misstreating prisoners of war!!!!!!! Talk about throwing out the geneva conventions!!!!!!


Since when are cop killers afforded rights under the geneva convention?


I see no big deal here. They were tried by the Iraq government for killing 6 individuals five of which were civilian police officers no less and deserve to die.

If you kill a cop here I do believe it is also a death sentence so what is your problem SS? Do you condone the killing of Police officers?


[edit on 2/20/2007 by shots]



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Agit8ed,

I'll ask you the same question I asked earlier in the thread which hasn't been answered yet. What should have happened to these people?

Yes, we all know they were fighting for what they perceive to be a just cause etc. but having been arrested and tried and found guilty of murder, (a verdict you do not seem to dispute), by what passes for the controlling authority in that country what should have happened to them?



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
If these women were denied proper legal representation then that's a big issue. The politicians keep telling us they are trying to bring about a better Iraq but it seems the current government is no better than the one it replaced, but at least it's a lapdog to the occupiers.

I'm sure all those baying for blood would be screaming "Injustice" if these women were Iranian and sentenced to death by an Iranian court for the same alleged crimes. Of course, then they'd be freedom fighters and not terrorist scum



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The fact of the matter is justice whilst American troops and others and their Iraqi puppets go around mudering people left right and centre people who do not agree with these actions are fighting back do you understnd that concept.

Or to put in terms that those of you who cannot understand if the US was invaded and the invaders installed a puppet regime in which some of your fellow Americans supported would you fight this system especially if they were killing your loved ones. Would you allow the invaders and the treasonable Americans to kill you, no you would not you would fight them if you had any balls. If these women hang then you should hang American troops and those who support them for killing inocent civillians by the tens of thousands.

Anyone who sides with the the US in Iraq are collaborators just as much as those peoples who collaborated with the Germans in ww1 and 2. And it must be nice for those who sit in nice safe comfy countries to decide who lives and who dies. Its rich that those who prosecute wars but have never suffered from them are quick to judge those who are fighting for their very existence.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
She's a murderer because she defends her home against the foreign occupier.

Your hereo's because you kill the natives of the land you occupied.

what have we become!



They killed fellow Iraqis- Iraqi police at that. Like it or not, the Iraqi government is a legitimate institution as is the police, army, etc... Nobody forced the population to participate in the elections against their will, and neither the government nor the police are oppressing the population. The Iraqis are free to vote for whomever they want(so long as the insurgents don't kill their candidate first or them in the process of voting). The process they need to adopt now is taking part in the political process, not killing those they dislike. That's not patriotism, anymore than if you were to kill a politician or cop in America or elsewhere. These women weren't defending anything. If they'd stop killing, and participate in civil discourse, the occupiers could leave.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Is there a war going on in Iraq? It is a debatable point but here are the two possible scearios.

No war. Then these people have murdered policemen and kidnapped others, they have been tried and convicted. The justice system is probably rudimentary at best but it's no worse that in many other Middle Eastern countries.

War. These people appear to have been combatants and knew the risks when they took the action they did.

Nobody is denying that the situation is tragic but I'll ask the question one more time as nobody seems to want to answer it, what should have happened to these people under these circumstances? Should they have been set free?

By the way, soldiers from the US and UK have been tried for abusing and killing civilians, some have been found guilty and punished whilst others have been exonerated. Should our soldiers be subject to more rigorous investigation than Iraqi combatants?

[edit on 20-2-2007 by timeless test]



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Jeez, I am so sick of this us and them mentality. Depending on which narrow perspective you approach this from these women are either heroes or criminals. At the very least ask yourselves how many new insurgents will be born out of the death of these women.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
So they're going to hang a bunch of murderous criminal thugs...great!

I don't see the problem here


This is most likely not even the real story, you see this person Syrian Sister does anything possible, even down to pathetic typical rhetoric you expect right off aljazeer to fit the needs of her own desperate cause.


Gets kind of old...

So what is your point by all this SYrian? .. big bad evil America break another silly rule?


Or is it.... you forgot to post the truth in an article or use a completely biased made up story this time?



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
The fact of the matter is justice whilst American troops and others and their Iraqi puppets go around mudering people left right and centre people who do not agree with these actions are fighting back do you understnd that concept.

Or to put in terms that those of you who cannot understand if the US was invaded and the invaders installed a puppet regime in which some of your fellow Americans supported would you fight this system especially if they were killing your loved ones. Would you allow the invaders and the treasonable Americans to kill you, no you would not you would fight them if you had any balls. If these women hang then you should hang American troops and those who support them for killing inocent civillians by the tens of thousands.

Anyone who sides with the the US in Iraq are collaborators just as much as those peoples who collaborated with the Germans in ww1 and 2. And it must be nice for those who sit in nice safe comfy countries to decide who lives and who dies. Its rich that those who prosecute wars but have never suffered from them are quick to judge those who are fighting for their very existence.


The US hasn't killed tens of thousands of innocent civilians, however the insurgents sure don't seem to have a problem killing innocent civilians on a daily basis. Pot -this is kettle, come in over.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Listen to you all?

This lady fought for her home, her family and her country, fighting the occupiers who invaded her land based on LIES...

and you believe its right to HANG her , because she defended her home?

All this does is show the world, we really are a brutal occupying force.
You think this is going to WIN hearts and minds? Or bring the resistance to cease fighting?

Your turning into savages........ and whats worse is you sit here and praise it from your loungeroom....

What would you feel, if you saw your wife being hung, bceause she fought the people who invaded and occupied America?





nicely said, I was just about to post soemthing similar.

Here is a thought for all those who think this is the right course of action. Do the US/UK soldiers who have killed innocents get hanged for it? Or are they allowed to live?



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
*stands and applauds*

3 more terrorists back to allah. At least the Iraqis are taking control of their country.

Agit8d and magic, besides the obvious fact that you are terrorist sympathisers, these women were not "fighting occupiers." One killed an IRAQI police officer. How the hell is that "fighting the occupiers?" They are murderers will hang for their crimes, just as saddam did.

Syrian, these women are not entitled to geneva conventions as they are techically not a part of any army. They were given a trial amongst their peers, foyund guilty, and will now be punished.



posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snake64_009
Here is a thought for all those who think this is the right course of action. Do the US/UK soldiers who have killed innocents get hanged for it? Or are they allowed to live?


UK/US soldiers are subject to the law.

A number of UK soldiers have just been court martialed in respect of actions including the death of an Iraqi. Most were aquitted, whilst one pleaded guilty to mistreating prisioners and has been punished.

The death penalty does not exist under UK law and many UK politicians objected to the hanging of Sadam. Those with longer memories will, however, recall British soldiers being tried and sometimes jailed for long periods for "offences" committed in Northern Ireland.

I'll ask again, (sorry it's getting so dull), what action should have been taken against people who killed and kidnapped Iraqi policemen. Please feel free to answer...



new topics

top topics



 
11
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join