It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Couch Potatoes beware their watching You

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Wow so many little spies in our homes, the printer, our cameras, the telephone, our cars and now the tv remote.


dir.salon.com...




posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
So here is a thread telling you they actually have a means now to monitor your clicking through the remote, and what your watching, they can after a bit of monitoring tell which member of the household is using the remote.

I would not be surprised if they don't have hidden cams and listening devices in the receivers and maybe the tivos, to tell you the truth, since they are able to transmit your clicking habits back to study, why not a pic and sound. They seem much farther ahead in technology than what we previously thought they were.


[edit on 21-2-2007 by goose]



posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I think it's fun to be paranoid every once in a while but you have to draw the line somewhere, and when it comes to your electronic peripherals monitoring you well... that line comes quick.

If the government really wanted to know what the general public is doing in their downtime I think they would use more direct methods of spying, like a far range device that can hear what you are saying. Even then, there isn't really much we do in our homes that our government isn't smart enough to just figure out with good psychology.



posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Paranoid? Are you aware that right now if you go publish a newsletter and pass it out and they the gov. wants to know who owns the printer it came from they can, simply by scanning the back of the page? They can do this through a secret code that is printed on the back of every page you print, you are also printing the serial number of your printer.

Are you aware that every picture has a code on it that can be traced back to the camera that took it thus also to the camera owner if it is registered?

Are you aware they can listen to all your phone calls, the NSA have a copy of your phone bill on file, can read your emails?

Are you aware there is a black box in your car?

And now when you are lying on the couch flipping through the channels someone is monitoring that as well and I would not be surprised if they can't watch you, so while I may sound a bit paranoid, there is sometimes good reason to wonder about their surveillance of us, since they keep taking steps to monitor us.



[edit on 22-2-2007 by goose]

[edit on 22-2-2007 by goose]



posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Perhaps they should put cameras in the toilets. Then we could show them what we really think of them.



posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I've heard this one for years now. And I still can't think of any possible reason anyone would want to watch people watching TV. Sounds like a boring waste of time to me. And how many people do you think it would take to monitor everyone watching TV? Very unlikely!



posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
We have 70+ channels on our TV and NOTHING is on!! If 'they' are watching me to see what I'm watching ... they'll either get tired of the flipping through stations or they'll be board out of their minds watching 'that 70s show' reruns .. like we are.

The thought that 'they' are watching to see what we watch .... it's really 'out there' ... ya know?

The real conspiracy ... Cable TV charges sooooooo much for all those channels and yet there is still usually nothing good on. THAT is a great conspiracy!



posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 11:40 AM
link   
What if your T.V. is watching you? I have heard that there is a module in the TV whch is a 2-way communication device that can be tapped into. I know for a fact that the keyboard strokes you make on a computer can be picked up and relayed exactly. Also Celldar technology allows the government to monitor the environment around any cellphone from triangulating the quality of signals from receiving masts. Fibre optic technology can place invisible cameras in your home. Microwave weapons can be used against individuals which are following a line that the Governmnent does not like. Far-fetched? No. I hav ebeen watched around the clock for 20 years without being charged for any crime. It is NOT far-fetched. It is reality.



posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
We have 70+ channels on our TV and NOTHING is on!! If 'they' are watching me to see what I'm watching ... they'll either get tired of the flipping through stations or they'll be board out of their minds watching 'that 70s show' reruns .. like we are.

The thought that 'they' are watching to see what we watch .... it's really 'out there' ... ya know?



If you read the article I posted you would find it is not, "out there", at all, the technology is already there and being sold to cable and satellite companies.



posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
what's the gov't going to find out? that a majority of the us population watches American Idol?

Nielsen ratings already tell them we are a dumb nation.



posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
what's the gov't going to find out? that a majority of the us population watches American Idol?

Nielsen ratings already tell them we are a dumb nation.


Well I guess for me it is just the invasiveness of it all, the idea that someone is tracking your movements everytime you use a remote. It makes one wonder what else they are watching and how they are going to go about obtaining this info and how far they are willing to go to get it? Are there going to be hidden cameras in products we buy?

[edit on 19-3-2007 by goose]



posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It's kind of fun if you make it into a game. Who knows, you could become the King of the world.


Make that the universe.



posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Well I guess for me it is just the invasiveness of it all, the idea that someone is tracking your movements everytime you use a remote. It makes one wonder what else they are watching and how they are going to go about obtaining this info and how far they are willing to go to get it? Are there going to be hidden cameras in products we buy?

[edit on 19-3-2007 by goose]


buy another remote



posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don't think that will work with my satellite system, the remote is not to the tv. Besides the point is that someone wants to know this stuff and is not telling you how they are obtaining that info. Also if they have come up with technology to monitor you this closely, what else might be watching in ways that are even more intrusive?

Someone once put it this way, when you go to the bathroom you close the door because you want privacy. You want privacy, does that mean you are doing anything wrong? Each of us have a right to know what is in our own homes.



posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
Paranoid? Are you aware that right now if you go publish a newsletter and pass it out and they the gov. wants to know who owns the printer it came from they can, simply by scanning the back of the page? They can do this through a secret code that is printed on the back of every page you print, you are also printing the serial number of your printer.


[edit on 22-2-2007 by goose]



have you any proof to back this up?

i have worked in the graphic design industry most of my adult life, used hundreds of professional printing outlets aswell as owning a number of different houshold printers.



posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta

Originally posted by goose
Paranoid? Are you aware that right now if you go publish a newsletter and pass it out and they the gov. wants to know who owns the printer it came from they can, simply by scanning the back of the page? They can do this through a secret code that is printed on the back of every page you print, you are also printing the serial number of your printer.


[edit on 22-2-2007 by goose]



have you any proof to back this up?


It's for real, most printers have the code that is on the back of each page printed, invisible to the naked eye but you can see it with the right equipment.

Here are two links, one of them is the article from, "PC World ", telling you all about it and how to do a test sheet.
www.pcworld.com...

www.eff.org...

[edit on 21-3-2007 by goose]



posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Cameras do encode pictures with info.

The printer thing is only on color lasers AFAIK, so if you have an inkjet or certain B&W lasers its not there.

I've heard people say there are cameras in tv's but I don't think so. People would have found them. I remember posting about it once here, and someone who said they worked in a repair shop for a long time had never found one.



posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
Cameras do encode pictures with info.

The printer thing is only on color lasers AFAIK, so if you have an inkjet or certain B&W lasers its not there.

I've heard people say there are cameras in tv's but I don't think so. People would have found them. I remember posting about it once here, and someone who said they worked in a repair shop for a long time had never found one.



Ewwww, I hate to be the one to watch granny and drandaddy get at it in the bedroom through a camera in the TV that was set up in the bedroom and turned on. Ewwwwww, I also hate to have hidden cameras in various rooms. Do you even know how many people could be caught walking around naked, especially if it was set up in the bed room and the person slept with no clothes on? I don't want anyone watching me and my hubby. The bedroom is not the only place to get it on. Most people are not as attractive as porn stars.

Oh, jeez, I could see it now. Someone bought a TV and camcord for their dungon. Get everything set up. Turn on the TV, and have the cam plugged into the TV, but not recording anything yet. They go to reherse a scene before recording.

In the mean time, a sports commerical is playing before the football starts back up again. A person is monitering select different hidden tv cameras. A little light turns on telling the voyer that another cam is on. Bored, he switches over to the new hidden TV cam. He sees the scene, jaw drops, drops the coffee all over the keyboard at the same time spitting it on the screen. Can't switch over to another cam fast enough not wanting to watch a 250 pound woman getting chained up by what appears to be a 400 pound man.



posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
what's the gov't going to find out?

Alot.
Are you serious that you dont see the implications?



[edit on 25-3-2007 by 11Bravo]



posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollmonster
I've heard this one for years now. And I still can't think of any possible reason anyone would want to watch people watching TV.

Through study of the viewing choices of individuals it would possible to identify potential devient behavior of all sorts.
By studying what individuals watch or even pause to look at when channel surfing psychologists can draw alarmingly accurate conclusions with regards to personality and disposition.

Sounds like a boring waste of time to me. And how many people do you think it would take to monitor everyone watching TV?

Its not done by people, thats absurd. Its done by logorythms on computers.
Fairly basic stuff really.

Very unlikely!


Wrong.
It is happening right now.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join