It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove that we are not living in a zoo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
We have all heard that:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

In our infinite universe the odds are nearly 100% that there is a civilization so advanced that they could only be described by us as god-like. Having spent millions of years tinkering with laws of physics with which we only have 100 years experience with. Then there is the as yet undiscovered laws of physics. How many undiscovered laws of physics are there? Any fool can tell you, but any wise person must admit that of course we have not a clue. So a civilization of such advanced beings could be quit capable of cultivating a civilization just like ours. Our neighborhood of the galaxy could be teaming with advanced cultures who all obey the rules that keep primitive cultures like ours behind their own curtain of ignorance. Perhaps allowing a few clues to be dropped on a regular basis to give us the choice of learning the truth but nothing so undeniable that those who choose not to believe would be disturbed. Maybe when the Hubble telescope turns and looks in different directions it is like waving a gun in a crowded room; people duck and doge to avoid being in the sights. And every once in a while a sub-class of idiot-aliens crash a ship or two whereupon they receive a stern warning about equipment violations

Since there is no way to prove this is not occurring and no conclusive proof (at least not enough to convince the majority) that we are a zoo, it is reasonable to presume that the truth will remain unverified until perhaps a critical mass of people who choose to accept the truth is achieved.
I don't believe any intelligent line of reasoning could discount this possibility.
If you do however, have such a line of reasoning, do share.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedPill
We have all heard that:

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke

In our infinite universe the odds are nearly 100% that there is a civilization so advanced that they could only be described by us as god-like. Having spent millions of years tinkering with laws of physics with which we only have 100 years experience with. Then there is the as yet undiscovered laws of physics. How many undiscovered laws of physics are there? Any fool can tell you, but any wise person must admit that of course we have not a clue. So a civilization of such advanced beings could be quit capable of cultivating a civilization just like ours. Our neighborhood of the galaxy could be teaming with advanced cultures who all obey the rules that keep primitive cultures like ours behind their own curtain of ignorance. Perhaps allowing a few clues to be dropped on a regular basis to give us the choice of learning the truth but nothing so undeniable that those who choose not to believe would be disturbed. Maybe when the Hubble telescope turns and looks in different directions it is like waving a gun in a crowded room; people duck and doge to avoid being in the sights. And every once in a while a sub-class of idiot-aliens crash a ship or two whereupon they receive a stern warning about equipment violations

Since there is no way to prove this is not occurring and no conclusive proof (at least not enough to convince the majority) that we are a zoo, it is reasonable to presume that the truth will remain unverified until perhaps a critical mass of people who choose to accept the truth is achieved.
I don't believe any intelligent line of reasoning could discount this possibility.
If you do however, have such a line of reasoning, do share.

hehe well if you really wanna get that deep you should think that a civilization could be so advanced that they could have all our minds plugged into a hallucinatory state aka the matrix. as for magic those orbs really do seem like magic to us..... i mean think of the physics behind those things lol they are like remote control beacons that can dissapear and monitor things everywhere

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   

hehe well if you really wanna get that deep you should think that a civilization could be so advanced that they could have all our minds plugged into a hallucinatory state aka the matrix.

Did you read my mind or look at my avatar

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Having watched the matrix film and beign totally confused I wont allude to any quotes from that film, but I will throw in my two-cents.

We could well be an 'experimentation' and that UFOs would be described as keeping watch on their experiment, simialr to an ant colony, when we see them in the sky.

The way you wrote the post, if it is true then we will never know 'cos we will never be able to advance our knowledge to/past theirs. Its one of those classic questions we just cant give any answers to and neither could any scientist do the same.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
fermis paradox : if life is so abundent in the galaxy why do we see or hear no sign of it?

Your Zoo hyposthesis sometimes referred to as the "prime directive" (star trek) is of course one of many valid theories.

you can read more in this article "where have all the spacemen gone?" www.suite101.com...

[edit on 20-2-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101

Your Zoo hyposthesis sometimes referred to as the "prime directive" (star trek) is of course one of many valid theories.

Ya, the Prime Directive is a plausible concept but it implies we are being watched rather than cultivated. Perhaps we are a cultivated civilization for young souls. When we mature and stop beating up the other kids, we are let out into the greater society. Maybe this explains the disappearance of ancient advanced cultures. I think the primary reason this scenario is seldom mentioned by scientists is the mere fact that our ego doesn't want to admit to being so insignificant. Maybe when we do figure it out and get over our ego they will step out from behind the curtain and say: "Good job you figured it out! Just in time to, we were just about to wipe you out and start over"

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
According to Occams Razor and the fact that a negative cannot be proven, I would suggest that you first show any real evidence that we are in fact 'living in a zoo'.

Good luck, you'll need it.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
there are theories along the lines of the matrix but instead of us being real humans plugged into computers, we are simulated life forms. sort of like a highly advanced Sims game. maybe to be studied or for some kind of entertainment.

the simulation argument

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's the same concept of God, this earth is now our cage and the next faze is heaven so it's until we have the right to pass be it judgement that we are allowed in. These attributes of thinking I believe come from the separation of man and God and we have these built in traits to think like this and question reality. Although different religions try and explain this the different coloured pills of faith are there to take and the gamble is only one that is right in a category of many other theories.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
If you believe in God, There is no other conclusion than life is a zoo. A really nice zoo in my opinion, but a zoo non-the-less.

top topics

join