It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that our 2007 is Mayan 2012 !!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

so if I were to draw up a legally binding contract that on this prophecy date in 2012 all your property would be signed over to charity

i think that is a perfect example of the misconceptions people have with the whole mayan calendar issue

first get some nonsense story that in 2012 the end of the world will be here, next promote it, and then when anyone is searching for anykind of information the first thing they come across is "2012 END OF THE WORLD"- the mayan calendar blah blah and then from then on the mayan calendar comes up people talk about changes and they merely mention the date 2012 and the blinders go up " ya whatever end of the world"

close minded by deception

sorry to go off topic but

anybody wonder how perception of history may be changed if there was a disclosure that we have been contacted (in contact with) extra terrestrials

and if we had been, how might it have played out,would we have ever been told about it by the (gov't in place) or would it be hidden for national security

[edit on 22-2-2007 by cpdaman]

[edit on 22-2-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   

anybody wonder how perception of history may be changed if there was a disclosure that we have been contacted (in contact with) extra terrestrials

people have already claimed that to be true
and there still isn't any evidence
so really
people wouldn't care because the people who do believe it already do so because they want to

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:01 AM
link   
there isn't any evidence that the public is made aware of

if there was would our gov't let us know? or would they keep it secret under national security? and how would this effect our interpretation of history? is what i'm asking but back on topic

2012 would be the completion of a process not an event and we could no long before then if there was anything to it, like by 2008 the western world's leaders are supposed to do one last desperate attempt to maintain there power, i read that two years ago and without getting into the details of which ( which would be about 2 more large paragraphs) i willl wait

i don't mind when people disbelieve the whole mayan prophecy thing but it ticks me off when they say ya sure the world will end in 2012 that is what the maya is about.

let me also add that the vedic calendar also calls for a "new age" to start circa 2012 a "golden age" if u will, seems like a good coincidence

wonder if these two cultures were even in contact with each other

[edit on 23-2-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

wonder if these two cultures were even in contact with each other

youre asking if the 1500BCE vedic culture was in contact with the 1500CE maya one
seems a bit tenuous if you ask me

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There are roughly 7 million Mayan living in central and south america...why do people talk about Mayan people as if they no longer exist...go down there, ask them what they believe. They certainly dont think the earth will end in 2012. It is another cycle in the manner they measure time, thats is all. it is like you flipping over the calendar to 2007.

Not so exciting as the end of the world, or the upheaval of civlization and the dawning of a new age, but that is the reality.

I am afraid there will be millions of severely depressed people in late december 2012.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
el fuego i thank you for having the knowledge to speak on behalf of 7 million people and there beleifs that this will not be a dawning of a new golden age

marduk as usual your comments were very accurate and scholarly

vedic culture 1500-1000 bce mayan culture 2000 bce- 1500 ce

so again is it a coincidence that two cultures on two different sides of the earth had calendars that predicted "golden age's" tp begin in appox the same time period 2012-2013

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Have you spent several years in the Yucatan ? Have you had discussions with Mayans about Mayans? There is nothing to support the them of a "golden Era" that will coincide with 2012.

This nonsense with people creating beliefs out of thin air are ignorance in its worse. There is a cottage industry built upon what Mayans believe, and nobody bothers to study what Mayans themselves believe.

There is NO evidence of a golden age starting in 2012 written by Mayans, There is a LOT of BS written by new agers and misguided people trying to sell books and materials. And a lot of people wanting the easy way out.

the world is what you make, when people accept that the world gets better.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
actually seeing as no one asked me for any links what you just did is whats called either a "straw man argument" or sometimes a "personal attack"

Here let me bring a couple back for you so you can see them:

Originally posted by Defcon5
Well so far myself and others have provided you links, and all I have seen from you in return is a bunch of boasts with no supporting evidence to the contrary besides your opinion. You know what they say about opinions, right?

Hm... When will we even see the slightest hint of an external quote supporting these remarks you seem to be throwing out at other users with nothing to back them up?

As to the personal attack, calling you a name would be a personal attack, saying that your remarks are hypocritical when you refuse to provide the same proof you require, is stating a fact.

I'm not stubborn
I'm just correct

You’ve yet to prove it…

and as I'm a sumerologist I can provide any links you want from reputable websites
what would you like me to disprove first ?

www.religioustolerance.org...
www.michaelsheiser.com...
this claim of course doesn't include the other planet which they knew about which is the one they called Kisar. that they knew of this one wasn't very impressive either

this site lists all 78 known sumerian astral objects
www.astronomy.pomona.edu...
as opposed to the 10 billion that most modern astronomers estimate are visible

happy now ?

This, my friend, is called changing the subject, and you know it. You brought up Sumerians; this is about the Mayas and your boastful remark made to show me incorrect.

In case you lost the original boast you made in the whole big three pages of this thread so far, I’ll go find it for you:

The event is the Earth entering the dark rift of the Milky Way, which they knew of as the cosmic birth canal.

prove it
with credible links
I'd be willing to bet money that you can't

So, I am waiting for you to quote a single credible site that states that the 2012 calendar end does not relate back to a celestial event of the merging of the plains of the tree of life. When the earth re-aligns with the cosmic birth canal, otherwise known as the dark rift of the Milky Way, from their South American Perspective. At which point they obviously believed that we will experience either an end and rebirth, a new age, or just an end.

If you cannot prove this as you stated, then just admit it.
I’ll even let the “pay you money” part slide.

Please don’t bring in a bunch of Sumerian crap, besides derailing the thread its painfully obvious to everyone you cannot make good on your boast so far, and thus are changing the topic.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:11 AM
link   
2007 the year ?

From what I've seen in the last few years...hmm.

This could very well be 'the year to START things off'.

Let's just re-cap a tiny bit:

Within the last 5 years, lets take a 'theoretical' poll, shall we?

I like the ol' saying of: "Is the world getting worse or the media getting better"?

For example: I've seen exceeding climatic changes from Hurricanes to Tornados, that shouldn't exist 50-100 years ago.

Our 'normal' climate has surpassed it's relative climatic zone.

Canada for example (everyone thinks this is purely a 'cold' area to live in) However in the last few years, Canadas' temperature climate has increased in 'tropical levels'. (around the 49 degree paralell)

Think about it everyone.

Have we actually struck a cord with mother nature, or have we 'out-done ourselves in this society'? Or is there some outside influence affecting us?

Are we in 'harmony' with what is actually on -Par with this 'plane of existance' or have we gone so far with no apologies to claim legal rights to our way of living?

I'm saying is:

This is the year 2007.

I foremost, can see a hellovalot of changes forthcoming to our society as a whole.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
To say that we are in the 'mayan calander' of the 'fire age' . is something to look at... if we look at the previous mayan calandars: the year before was the 'year of water'?

Perhaps that 'contributed to the flood of the Bible'?

I heard that the year of 'fire' was the 5th and final prophesized account with the mayans.

So I ask you all? If this is the year of fire associated with the mayan calandar, the perhaps all these asteroids/meteors/predictions et al has something to do with the area of the universe our solar system is crossing.

As in the fact that we are now going thru a space of universe that is filled with debris(asteroids)?

Our earth (solar system) is moving at over 65,000 MPH(roundabouts), so it's not surprising that we earthlings encounter alot of stuff during our travels

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
www.spiritwheel.com...

would u give me the latitude to say that the maya elders are a good representation of what the mayan's beleive

This is a fulfillment of our prophesies, that is why I am here. our elder astronomers are watching over time and when it will be fulfilled. It shall be fulfilled in Twelve Baktun and it began on August 17, 1987, the Harmonic Convergence. It was then that I began my walk all over the world. The Harmonic Convergence began the Twelve Baktun, Thirteen Bahaou and will end in 2012 or 2013 by your calendar. This will end the fourth period of the sun by our calendar. There will be huge problems. Catastrophes and cataclysms will befall us.

seems clear he thinks this is a not just any old period i.e nothing to see hear move along

In these past days there are many doomsday sayers. On August 11, 1987, the positions of planets in alignment brought more energy on the earth. There will be more earthquakes, volcanoes, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. During 2012-2013 there will be a great comet and a red comet. We are all creatures of the earth, but in space there are others. Comets might fall elsewhere. These are not predictions of death.But a great illness will come from pollution. That is why we are gathering, to stop the pollution that will cause this great illness.

seems like the mayan elders are fed up with the modern day doom sayers with there mis-info calling for the end of the world, nope just alot of death alot of diseases and when it passes

"May it dawn, may the new day come, may people have peace and be happy."

clear enough

[edit on 24-2-2007 by cpdaman]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
amusing link
complete crap though
a mayan elder with a fully spanish name
ahahahaha

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
hmm

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
don alejandro oxlaj in full

are u questioning this man is not a mayan elder and if so please provide your evidence

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
yes thats exactly what I'm saying
apparently you have not watched much Zorro
if you has you'd know who don alejandro actually was and how this website you linked to is made up crap
vivi8.free.fr...

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Oh great! Just when i thought we had 5 more years you people are saying this is it.
How depressing!
So, we wont be having a Christmas this year?
No Times Square Celebrations?

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Because mayan elders do not use grammar in this manner. There is no mayan prophecy regarding a change in the earth in 2012. This link is not worthy of bringing to this discussion. Find a codex that has been translated to reflect the beginning of a new age in 2012.

the only references you will find are written by people like this lone wolf / mayan elder / who knows what else on the internet.

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
"yes thats exactly what I'm saying
apparently you have not watched much Zorro
if you has you'd know who don alejandro actually was and how this website you linked to is made up crap
vivi8.free.fr... "

do u get paid to post nonsense

that man is don alejandro de la vega

but you knew that

the man i speak of is don alejandro oxlaj

c'mon keep trying to discrediit, derail, or dissent

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
oh well in that case I'm sure you won't mind posting his biography

after that you might try to translate Oxlaj into spanish from Mayan and see what you come up with

oh and can you tell me what organisation he represents
because soem websites say he is the supreme elder of the maya council of world elders (which doesnt exist) and others say he is from the council of invisible beings
which i think is just plain funny

[edit on 24-2-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Marduk

you seem to be very very sure of your views or very very keen to change others.

Some of what you post is accurate and I truly am one for cutting all the crap out of most myths....

However WTF are you going on about in a lot of what you say? You are a Sumeroligist..... you believe there is no link at all between the Asiatic and Arabic empires 5000 (and previously but tenuous) bc the unconnected Aboriginal of Australia, and the inhabitants of America?

Werll then you obviously do not study enough of the language of these cultures, their pictograms and shared stories and religeous (of what ever slant) ceremonies.

There are HUNDREDS of enexplained exact matches of these between cultures prior to any contact between them. I dont need to evidense it for you learn look yourself, not by some pseudohistorian (as you appear to be!) just look at the pictures, ceremonies, words matching exactl;y, no interpretation in front of your eyes... explain that then please great sumeriologist. In addition 20012 will be a solar maximum year and we will be for the first time in millions of years in line with the galctic centre. So things will be happening then, the mayans did postulate a year for the end of their cycle however as you rightly said this was based on the birth of venus as a starting point, they do however postulate that at the end of the cycle a new on e begins stating that it is like birth and death the old order will be changed and a new one begun.

Now im not saying the world will end and all the other doom saying stuff, though I do believe as proven scientifically it certainly at least on an astronomical basis they were spot on.

elf.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join