It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that our 2007 is Mayan 2012 !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I knew I would find it somewhere. I have gone to many sites that have said that our calander is off by 5 years and that this year is actually 2012.
I forget which Pope it was that made the calculation mistake, he was mentioned on Coast to Coast AM a while back. Here is the link that show's the math. At least...I think it's math, or what not.
www.coasttocoastam.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It seams that some people can't wait to see aliens, see the axis of earth change or see the sun explodes!
A little patience is virtue

Kidding here

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Where does the 5 come from exactly? in the "2012-5=2007..." part. Seems to me the person that did that math just wanted a number that connected 2012 and 2007 together somehow and so he pulled 5 out of thin air. or maybe i'm missing something?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I just want to see my cousin Husmoboot again.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
"Where does the 5 come from exactly?"

I don't know where any numbers come from. Me not so good at math.
But I do remember that a Pope, not sure who, made adjustments to our current calander and he was 5 years off. It was on Coast to Coast AM last month I believe. Be glad it wasn't me in charge of the math, it would be 3089 by now!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:52 PM
link   
the mayan 2012 have absolutely no meaning for us whatsoever

the world won't end
there will be no great upheaval
and we will be completely unaffected

i stand by this position because there is simply no way of proving that the end of a mayan calendar means anything to us at all

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   

i stand by this position because there is simply no way of proving that the end of a mayan calendar means anything to us at all

it is possible to prove that the mayan calendar means nothing to our culture though
because it doesn't
the Maya couldn't forsee the end of their own civilisation
so the chances of them making a correct prophecy about a race they didn't know existed are hardly very high

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ok, this is a spacey idea, but if some 'people' had given the Mayans this info by means of time travel, then 2012 would still be 2012 as we know it. As for them predicting themselves 2012 as to being significant, well that's just as far out really.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Xeros]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
ok so someone with time travel technology goes back to the mayans and gives them information which will warn us that something is going to happen to us in 2012 but don't tell them precisely what it is
surely a 500 year old note which starts "Dear President Bush" would be a good idea
so err
why not just come back and tell us what it is
and also
if someone in the future has time travel technology then whatever is about to happen to us can't be that bad can it

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well, if it was meant to be November/December 2007, I guess we'll know soon enough.

Something happens- then we know

Something doesn't happen- then we know

its a win/win! Unless we all die in earthquakes and floods, but.... we probably won't. And Jesus probably isn't coming back either.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The end of the Mayan calendar has to do with a celestial event that occurs. It has nothing to do with the date of 2012 or 2007 as they did not use the Gregorian calendar to make their calendar. So the event is scheduled to occur in December 2012 on our current calendar, and any changes in our calendar do nothing to effect that date. The event is the Earth entering the dark rift of the Milky Way, which they knew of as the cosmic birth canal.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

The event is the Earth entering the dark rift of the Milky Way, which they knew of as the cosmic birth canal.

prove it
with credible links
I'd be willing to bet money that you can't

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I agree with Marduk.

Please provide more credible links. If it is correct, you shouldnt have any trouble finding the Pope who said it.

For all we know, you could be referring to Alexander Pope...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Since I was a child there has always been the threat from somebody that the world was going to end tommorrow. Why are people so impacient.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

The Mayans of Central America had a highly developed understanding of the cycles of the sun, moon and Venus, illustrated on their famous calendar. It is common knowledge that the Mayan calendar ends on the 21st December 2012, but why is this so? The Mayans worshipped the sun as the ‘first lord’ and like many ancient cultures, held ceremonies at the winter solstice, which marked the beginning of their new year and the return of the light. At the 2012 winter solstice (21st December in the Northern Hemisphere), the sun will rise through the centre of a gap in the milky way, known to the Mayans as the sacred tree. The sacred tree was both the door to the underworld and the birth canal of the cosmic mother. At dawn on 21st December 2012, the milky way galaxy, as seen from Central America, will lie across the horizon, so at sunrise the sun (first lord) will rise from the underworld, pass through this birth canal and open the cosmic sky portal. This event only occurs once every 26,000 years, and the Mayans considered it so momentous that December 2012 marked the end of human time, as they knew it and the birth of a new age. This 26,000-year period is known to Western astrologers as the great year and is divided into 12 roughly 2000-year periods known as the age of Aries, age of Pisces, age of Aquarius, etc. As the earth turns on its axis, it wobbles slightly, causing a 1º change every 72 years in the direction to which the North Pole points. The great year is the time it takes for the North Pole to complete an entire circle – approximately 26,000 years. We are currently moving from the age of Pisces to the age of Aquarius.

72.14.253.104...:SLcMiHCgAx8J:www.techinsight.com.au/clients/livingnow/%3Fp%3D120+mayan+cosmic+birth+canal&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=3&gl=au

At sunrise on December 21, 2012 for the first time in 26,000 years the Sun rises to conjunct the intersection of the Milky Way and the plane of the ecliptic. This cosmic cross is considered to be an embodiment of the Sacred Tree, The Tree of Life a tree remembered in all the world's spiritual traditions. Some observers say this alignment with the heart of the galaxy in 2012 will open a channel for cosmic energy to flow through the earth, cleansing it and all that dwells upon it, raising all to a higher level of vibration.

www.water-consciousness.com...

I thought it's common knowledge that it is linked to a cosmic event? Or such that it links beyond coincidence with the specific date of their dec 21st, to the date of the cosmic event ( dec 21st )

How much they specifically went on about this event i'm not too sure. Or even at all?

Mod edit: Fixed tags.

[edit on 11-11-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk

The event is the Earth entering the dark rift of the Milky Way, which they knew of as the cosmic birth canal.

prove it
with credible links
I'd be willing to bet money that you can't

answers.google.com...

Subject: Milky Way Great Rift
Category: Science > Astronomy
Asked by: citizena-ga
List Price: $30.00 Posted: 21 Oct 2005 13:21 PDT
Expires: 20 Nov 2005 12:21 PST
Question ID: 583192

This question parallels my previous one regarding concerns of the
"galactic crossing".Would a researcher please explore the validity or
lack thereof of these claims, which I have summarized:

-In the year 2012, the Sun will have travelled to the edge of a cosmic
"Dust Cloud" in the Milky Wat known as the "Great Rift".
-The Great Rift is a very dense cloud cloud of space dust [blocking]
all the light from the stars and behind it (the implication is that
light to Earth will be affected, as well).
-On 12/21/12 the Sun will be at or on it's edge...[and] Earth will be
within the "Dust Cloud" for apprximately 3-5 months of it's 365 day
orbit...
-This is supposed to wreak havoc of various types on Earth.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Yeah, as to whether this 'great rift' thing is going to happen, that's another story : )

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Scary, can´t wait to 12-21-12...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm hoping at this point you realise that the mayans knew very little about the Universe
they didn't know anything about the Galaxy
and they only knew the existence of five planets
this is an undisputable provable fact no matter how many astrologer who have never stuided the culture say otherwise

the Mayan calendar isn't even Mayan
its olmec
its start date predates the existence of the Maya
and is called the birth of Venus
it has nothing to do with our position in the cosmos at all

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForceMaster
I knew I would find it somewhere. I have gone to many sites that have said that our calander is off by 5 years and that this year is actually 2012.
I forget which Pope it was that made the calculation mistake, he was mentioned on Coast to Coast AM a while back. Here is the link that show's the math. At least...I think it's math, or what not.
www.coasttocoastam.com...

It was actually a monk who made the mistake.. and the mistake was 12 years I believe not 5.. but then again I have heard five, 12, 1, 3, .. it had something to do with an incorrect translation and a misinterpritation of Jewish Custom that to be born in Jewish society in that day was to become a man.. at 12? .. I don't know it has been a very long time since I read anyhting on it..

But the calander has been changed many times.. Augustus and Julius Ceaser even added in their own months..

BUUUT

I don't think it would change the date, since we calculated it using this time line.. I don't think it would change.. if it is really 2012 right now then the date would be 2017.

Grr..

Don't you hate problems that make you think to much?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join