It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something strange i saw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
ok well me and my brother were outside tonight working on a big snow wall, so i took a picture of it and when i hooked up my camera to the PC to see how the pictures came out and i saw a little grey circular dot in the back right of the photo so i thought it was just a little drop of water tha got on the lens,or viewfinder,but i was curious so i put a drop of water on the lenses,viewfinder and all those little circular lenses on the camer and i took a picture of a dark area to see if the dot still appeared in the picture but it didnt.now i am not assuming or saying that this is a UFO at all because i am not a hoaxer and i dont even know how to do that stuff, i take UFO sightings seriously and im just curious about this object.personally i dont think it is a UFO because the size of it doesnt look proportinate to its surroundings but im just wondering what you think about it. its most likely nothing

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Can you post the picture????

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
ya here it is and it is definitley not the moon because i could not see the moon anywhere in the sky last night.i personally dont think this is any physical object i think its just something that got on the screen

[img=http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/801/dsc00223eb4.th.jpg]

[edit on 20-2-2007 by mattsev15]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Looks like an orb. When I was in Arizona a few years back I caught a blue orb in one of my pictures. What the orb is/was I don't know.

Your wall is really big, that must have taken sometime to build brrrrrrr

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
lol only 3 days we are still building it,but you dont think that it could just be something that was on the screen? something that could have interfered with the outcome of the picture.well thanks for your opinion,lol i just figured someone would laugh and say that it was nothing

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It looks to me like a drop of water hit the camera lens and then froze. Probably evaporated by the time you got inside and thought to take another picture.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
ya thats what i think i highly doubt that it was a UFO it just seemed strange

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Particulate debris caught in the flash would look like that. Maybe a stray snowflake or something close to the cam when the flash went off...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
lol ya its nothing.i really am anxious to see a UFO that i can be sure of that its an extrteristial aircraft,one day i will see one

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattsev15
ya here it is and it is definitley not the moon because i could not see the moon anywhere in the sky last night.i personally dont think this is any physical object i think its just something that got on the screen

[img=http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/801/dsc00223eb4.th.jpg]

[edit on 20-2-2007 by mattsev15]

You are to be commended for testing a hypothesis. I would speculate that you've had at least one good science teacher.

You are right that it can't be the moon.

Whatever it is, it looks like it's out of focus. It is either much closer to the camera than the snow wall (my guess), or much further away.

Impressive snow wall!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
lol thank you, i dont like science much but i was curious and decided to do a test to figure out what it was

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
so you take a picture of a piece of dust , witness NOTHING unusual out of the norm with your own eyes and are now asking if you saw a UFO? Low in the common sense department? Speaking of a real hoaxer, i think you fit that defination like a glove. You honestly are pathetic man. Should i take a picture of my toe nail, and claim that is a mothership? Grownups on this board have real cases to persue, and wasting time reviewing your household hoaxes in your mom's basement isnt a productive use of their time.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
so you take a picture of a piece of dust , witness NOTHING unusual out of the norm with your own eyes and are now asking if you saw a UFO? Low in the common sense department? Speaking of a real hoaxer, i think you fit that defination like a glove. You honestly are pathetic man. Should i take a picture of my toe nail, and claim that is a mothership? Grownups on this board have real cases to persue, and wasting time reviewing your household hoaxes in your mom's basement isnt a productive use of their time.

If you had read through the thread, you would have seen several times that he does not believe the object is a UFO. He's just looking for confirmation of his own water drop idea. It looks like a drop of water to me anyway.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattsev15
lol ya its nothing.i really am anxious to see a UFO that i can be sure of that its an extrteristial aircraft,one day i will see one

Its good that you can see whats in your photograph for what it more than likely is. Dust speck, snow flake, small droplet of frozen water, something definately way out of focus, etc. Doesnt absolutely mean thats what it is but when you rule out all of the fantastic things that there would be no evidence for, thats what you are left with.

Keep looking and good luck. Be excited and anxious about seeing something someday in the future, not many really do, but be sure you step back and take a deep breath before you come to any conclusions about it, whatever it may look like. Really think on it hard and ask a lot of questions about it on your own before making it available to the public for shredding.

You did great here, you asked Q's and let the answers make some sense to you instead of shutting your head off to alternative explanations. About 85-90 % of this stuff can be explained as very mundane.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98

Wow dude, chill out. The guy never claimed he saw anything so therefore he is not a hoaxer (unlike yourself) The only reason you're mad at this guy is because you spent so much time on your own hoax, which is laughable BS to anyone with half a brain. By your own reasoning, you are quite pathetic yourself.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Before any more personal insults get thrown around, please be aware that more warnings WILL get issued on this thread.

What's pathetic is the uncivil bickering.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You tell 'em, masqua.

This thread seems to cause some trouble...

top topics

join