It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New JFK footage moments before assassination!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I thought this was very interesting news.

Video

DALLAS, Texas (Reuters) -- Previously unreleased footage of John F. Kennedy's motorcade in Dallas moments before he was gunned down was released Monday, a surprising new twist in a saga that has gripped the United States for four decades.

Any motives behind the recent release?

Footage could spark more conspiracy theories

The footage is sure to be new fodder for conspiracy buffs who have long maintained Kennedy was the victim of a sinister plot orchestrated by shadowy elements in either the government, the "military-industrial complex," the Mafia or communist Cuba.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

[edit on 19-2-2007 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

Mod Edit: CAP TITLE

[edit on 2/20/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
i just saw the articles on yahoo and aol. both videos as of this time are unavailable. i thought that was a little odd.

it's also down at jfk.org

[edit on 2/20/2007 by homeskillet]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This should be interesting. Very interesting.

I wonder who will come off better, the conspiracy buffs or the Oswald cronies?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It seems that none of the video links are working, so here it is from YouTube.

39 sec.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
so, the back of his jacket is bunched up? is that what we're looking at?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My first questions would have to be "What is with the 'jump cuts' to the Texas School Book Depository" ???

And then the windows.

I would rather see the films in their continuos version, rather than this edited together version.

There is no context when the seperate cuts in this film were taken. Or who edited it together.

I would like to see more information about this film. Who took it, where it had been from there...

Questions, questions...

It only raises more questions, imo.

Reading the article now.......

[edit on 2/20/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:31 AM
link   

The footage was taken less than 90 seconds before the fatal shots were fired. The 40-second film also shows the scene of the crime the following day.

The film was donated to the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas by amateur photographer George Jefferies and his son-in-law, Wayne Graham. It was released to coincide with the Presidents Day federal holiday.

source: www.cnn.com...

Hmmm....

I still don't like the convenient juxtaposition of the last clips in this video.

And I would really like to know more about the photographer and his son-in-law.

"Released to coincide with presidents day"?? okay, if they say so.

It smells bad already to me.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well the jacket bulging up IMO can be attributed to the fabric reacting to the waving of his hands. But it is odd that they point the camera at the book depository for so long. Right after JFK passes, as if they were waiting for the shots to fire. EDITED perhaps? It seems fishy.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
But it is odd that they point the camera at the book depository for so long. Right after JFK passes, as if they were waiting for the shots to fire. EDITED perhaps? It seems fishy.

That part of the clip, is from the day after the assasination, if you reread the article. (or the quoted portion, in my last post)

But regardless of when the Book Depository shot was taken, I wonder who edited it together like that?

Seems only someone that wants everyone to believe the Official version of the events would do that.

I wonder if the original 8mm video is available, unedited...

I would surely like to see a thorough independent analysis of all the film available from this camera...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
the footage of the book depository is interesting. why is it that only the cameraman seems interested in looking at it? check out the other members of the public standing around in front of it.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I see.

Yeah, you are right, it is odd that they miss the assassination, but edit in the building where is was "supposed" to have taken place.

40 years is a long time to hold prestine video like this. What if this was the year that ALL conspiracy theories were proven true.
I guess we might want to wait until 2009 before we uncover the 9/11 suspects. Hate to have them pardon themelves.

AAC

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
... it is odd that they miss the assassination, but edit in the building where is was "supposed" to have taken place.

I wouldn't be so sure that they didn't film the assassination. Just because it is not included with this film clip, doen't automatically rule out that it was not filmed.

I am very curious as to why this film has been under wraps for so long.

And to say it is being released to coincide with Pesidents Day...

I have a thousand more questions now, then I would have had if this filmclip were not released.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I noticed the CNN vid only shows the one seen over and over, where they are directly passing the camera. Odd.

I too find it somewhat odd that the camera guy should focus on the SBD. It states (or someone said) that part was filmed the next day, after the events had already taken place, but it seems there are an awful lot of people standing in the picture area.

People out gawking the next day? possibly.

It just seems like a typical crowd, waiting for the President to go by.

I wish we could get the 'whole' film, rather than what they are offering.

you know there's more.... you just know it.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I find it very dubious that the original portion of the video cuts off moments before the shooting begins. It doesn't look like someone just turned off the camera. Where is the missing footage?

The parts of the book depository are the day after. By that time everyone would have known the "offical" story. So that would make sense to see video of the depository. However, there is definitely missing footage from the day of the shooting.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
yeah there does seem to be missing footage. and president's day is a weak reason if you ask me, but even so, why NOW? why in the year 2007?

new topics

top topics

join