It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Jesus Christ ever an Atheist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
No matter whether you believe Jesus Christ was God, the Son of God, or just a Spiritual Leader, did He ever identify with Atheism?

I believe that He is the Son of God and could identify with Atheism because some people believe in Atheism, but with his fantastic mind, He could revert back, in a microsecond, to faith in God, His Almighty Father.
How else could people be converted to faith with assistance from Jesus if He did not at least partially identify with them?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
From Dictionary.com

One definition of Atheist is : n. One who disbelieves or denies the existence of God or gods.

Notice it says God OR Gods.

Jesus knows there is but one God..The Father Almighty.
He did not acknowledge multiple Gods according to definition so on a technicality he could be partially categorized as an atheist.

OR

He did state one God and therefore is not categorized as an atheist.

A defintion that says one God or Multiple Gods is not specific enough.
The main definition says One God.

Christ in the greatest meaning of the term was not an Atheist.

Peace

[edit on 19-2-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   
well, unless he was born all knowing, he was an atheist at birth, just like everyone else

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
well, unless he was born all knowing, he was an atheist at birth, just like everyone else

Our souls were created knowing that God exists and this may or may not be expressed in our language. The soul was created before our material self.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

At Birth he neither Denied nor accepted therefore he was neither.

When he gained awareness, he believed from his Mother and Father.

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

Our souls were created knowing that God exists and this may or may not be expressed in our language. The soul was created before our material self.

Wow, that's pretty interesting. If it's true, it will revolutionize our understanding of linguistics and biology. Quite extraordinary.

What evidence do you have to support this extraordinary claim?

Don't pull any Bible quotes either, because quoting the Bible to prove the existence of the soul is like quoting Lord of the Rings to prove the existance of Mordor.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I assume Christ was a Jew his whole life and considered himself a Jew since he attended religious and ceremonial functions throughout his whole life.

Examples that I know are depicted in the scriptures:

Baptism in temple, talking in temple, annoited by St John his cousin, again talking in temple, cultural wedding attendances, festival attendances and so forth.

It says in the texts that at the eve of his death he was at the mount of olives extremely anxious not wanting to go through with it. There is no mention of being split in two minds concerning doubt.

So I put my money on Jewish all his life. $$$$

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

Wow, that's pretty interesting. If it's true, it will revolutionize our understanding of linguistics and biology. Quite extraordinary.

What evidence do you have to support this extraordinary claim?

Don't pull any Bible quotes either, because quoting the Bible to prove the existence of the soul is like quoting Lord of the Rings to prove the existance of Mordor.

God speaks to me through prayer and He has repeatedly told me that He is Omniscient and that He knew how the Universe and everything in it (including thoughts, souls, linguistics, biology, medicine...) would precisely develop. God speaks to all when we properly pray and proper prayer may take some time to develop. Those who are close to God's thoughts are not "irrational", "delusional", "crazy", or "space cadets." Personally, I am quite stable: I work in medical research (heart disease and cancer research) and am a Mensa member (if this sounds like a boast, sorry; boast only in the Lord!!!) There are, however, many people a lot smarter than me and are very in tune with God's thoughts and have many answers to some of the most complex questions of the Universe.

The principle I am making is that the closer we are to God, the more answers we get. God will speak sooner to all to those who try to speak to Him but God will eventually speak to everybody.

God Bless!!!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If he was an athiest wouldn't that mean he had low self esteem, since he didn't believe in himself?

hyuk-hyuk-hyuk

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I can't imagine that Gods knowledge, wisdom or spirituality would be based on human life stages. In other words he (Jesus) is, was and always has been. If you believe Jesus was the son of God, part of the trinity then he knew he was god before he was born...before he was in the womb, before he was even conceived.

Just some initial thoughts.....

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Genesis 1, Let US make man in OUR own image....who do you think this was?
John 1 In the beginning was the Word ...on further in John 1...and the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us.

I would say Jesus never was an atheist however, on the cross when HE died and shed blood for all the sins of the universe, HE had ALL sins at that time and why Jesus cried, My Father why hast thou forsaken me, couldn't have been an atheist IF He was calling out to God, an atheist wouldn't call upon God. God could not look upon sin. Jesus bore the sin for sinners but yet did not sin also as prophesied in Jeremiah and Isaiah.

* I recall a story about a principle who day after day had the same young man sent to his office for being unruly, in spite of the severe paddlings this young man continued to do wrong. One day the teacher sent him back down and went in with this young man. To the students amazement, the teacher bent over and had the principle to lay this punishment upon him. The young man watched as the teacher received his punishment. The student wept quietly. This young man had learned from this and never was unruly again. ***** This teacher did not sin, he bore the punishment of the unruly student. Nor did Jesus sin, He bore our punishment.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
He would be like most other religionites, an atheist to all other gods except his own. Just like christians are atheistic towards hindu gods so would jesus be if he knew anything about them that is. However if jesus was divine etc then he would not be an atheist to any gods as he would know them all.

G

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I can't imagine that Gods knowledge, wisdom or spirituality would be based on human life stages. In other words he (Jesus) is, was and always has been. If you believe Jesus was the son of God, part of the trinity then he knew he was god before he was born...before he was in the womb, before he was even conceived.

kinglizard, do you believe God is an atheist? Without trying to make this question one of semantics, I believe God is not an atheist because He believes in Himself. However, God would not encourage us to become more like Him if He wanted us to only believe in ourselves. He wants us to believe in and love Him and to love others. If He wanted us to be atheists, I am afraid the world would not last very long as no love, honor, and praise would be given to the Infinite Creator of the Universe.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

Originally posted by kinglizard

kinglizard, do you believe God is an atheist? Without trying to make this question one of semantics, I believe God is not an atheist because He believes in Himself. However, God would not encourage us to become more like Him if He wanted us to only believe in ourselves. He wants us to believe in and love Him and to love others. If He wanted us to be atheists, I am afraid the world would not last very long as no love, honor, and praise would be given to the Infinite Creator of the Universe.

**LOL*** I never thought of that.....Jesus being God made flesh would of course believe in Himself~!!! heheh Duh LP!

join