It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Might sound dumb but... why do UFO's crash?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I feel it sounds like a stupid question but I've never heard it discussed much before. So the aliens can travel across galaxies and are so much more advanced than us but still manage to crash every once and awhile on Earth? It's not like the air got to thin for the engine or they ran out of gas (or I would think not). Or maybe they live on Saturn or something and recently figured out (obviously better than us) interplanetary travel.

What is there to learn or take from this? Does all intelligent life push it's boundaries no matter where it is development wise? Sort of a, if you go 100mph you'll die, 80 is safe but you could do 96 and probably not die but get there much faster. I know the basic answers, mechanical or pilot error, are most likely but it seems odd to me. But I guess a group of cavemen could wonder why our cars still breakdown. Again, a case of constantly trying to improve technology before the predecessor has it's kinks worked out. I feel that way with life sometimes, always trying to do something better for yourself while you neglect what you have. Ok, got a little off subject there... I look forward to everyone's thoughts.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Perhaps just because they are assumed to be advanced, doesn't necessarily mean that they are also infallible(sp?).

I've never given it much thought, to be honest.

[edit on 2/19/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
gazrok had this covered, I think the theory was the radar around our military facilities effected their ships or something like that.

Just because they are advanced, doesn't mean they are perfect.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I understand that but it seems like relatively simple explanations. I don't care how advanced they are as a whole just in relation to us. And if they watching and visiting then they are more advanced.

A radar took out a UFO? A device that transmits and intercepts reflections of radio waves found everywhere in the universe brought a UFO down but only tells us where a MIG is? If we were attacked by this particular style of ship we could simply turn on our radars and kick back?

They don't have to be perfect but if their technology is more advanced then their science should be as well. Seems like they'd have minor problems like radio waves or atmospheric conditions covered.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Radar, lightning, malfunction, lasers, lol don't think so.

The Grey do battle with other beings if these other beings try to interfere with what they (the Grey's) are going.

The Grey's "will try" to get the battles out over the waters because they don't want any of the ships crashing on our lands.

You hear nothing but bad things about the Grey's you just don't understand how things work but they do protect us. Humans have just about everything backwards.

But then again what do I know?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
observe50

So you think the crashes are due to conflicts between opposing alien interests? What you said about the Greys seems like a police scenario. They're protecting us but you normally see them when it's bad news for you.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I heard it the other way around; greys are in this for themselves and the other races are protecting us, more or less, from them, although greys aren't really 'bad', just less benevolent than the other aliens and willing to harm humans for their races' benefit.

I think we just get lucky and shoot them down once in a while. They aren't as advanced as some of the other alien races, they're just more advanced than we are.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You can be advanced, but even advanced things aren't 100% perfect.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I still say it's because of those teenage alien drivers. The boys fixing their ships up with lights and bling-bling and trying to impress the girls with the crazy moves their parents told them never to do. They do it anyway and what happens? They go and bust up their parents flying saucer and Make the family look bad.

I hear intergalactic insurance agencies have even refused insurance on some of those young'ins. They only cover the ones that have taken courses in, "How to safely fly a saucer."

What you don't know is most UFO's are painted black and only fly at night with their lights off, that way no primitive race such as humans can see them. But them young'ins put on the runnin lights and strobes and souped up flux capacitors that cause all kinds of hell.

It's a galactic disgrace I tell ya, a disgrace....

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This isnt a dumb question. From my research they say that high and low frequency radar were used as a weapon against ET craft. I would also say that due to them being interdimentional beings maybe thier physics is different than ours and they never had to deal with protecting against the types of radar we produce.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
afterall what goes up, must come down. Gravity always wins, even against antigravity it appears. Besides we live in a choatic universe where EVERYTHING decays and will be destroyed, this universal rules applies to everything regardless of advancements in technology and efficiency.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
mrwupy

I know you were being sarcastic but it's something I've thought about too. We always give these big intentions to UFO activity but what if it is a couple of teens just cruising around. Like children messing with an ant hill.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parabol
mrwupy
I know you were being sarcastic

Actually it was an attempt at humour with a little thought thrown in. I've often wondered if their are teenage aliens with all the angst and drama that goes along with growing up. If they take the spaceship when their parents are asleep and go for joyrides.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I've always suspected lightning strikes or some other atmospheric phenomena. Something instantaneous that couldn't be avoided.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightman9202
This isnt a dumb question. From my research they say that high and low frequency radar were used as a weapon against ET craft. I would also say that due to them being interdimentional beings maybe thier physics is different than ours and they never had to deal with protecting against the types of radar we produce.

Thats what I recall. Its a good point, how can we be sure of anything ? We can't even say for sure they travel space, time or dimensionally.

Radar isn't natural, like x-rays, is it ? If it is entirely man-made, its not a stretch at all to say any alien spacecraft might run into malfunctions because of it.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Actually this was discussed around this time 2 yrs ago.

Heres the Link to that thread.

Crashing ufo's

It came to a bunch of different theories also. But alas, they are all just theories, maybe one day we will know positively for sure. But for now, its all pure speculation. Without knowing truly the flight characteristics of each ship that has crashed, ie... propulsion styles, then we will just have to keep guessin without the main parts of the equations to answer that question.

Found another from later that year, its gets discussed alot i guess, just a bunch of different threads.

Another thread about it

[edit on 19-2-2007 by S1LV3R4D0]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The answer to "why to UFOs crash," requires a raft of assumptions.

If I were to assume that mechanical UFOs created by aliens have indeed crashed, then I would have to assume they crash for essentially the same reasons human vehicles and machines malfunction. The more complex a machine becomes, the move vulnerable it becomes to small-scale failures. A simple wooden wheel can sustain a lot of damage and still be adequately functional. The human body, on the other hand, can completely collapse if a small bit of fat blocks a blood vessel in the heart or brain.

Depending on the interaction of systems on these hypothetical craft, any number of small errors or malfunctions could bring them down. And if, as has been suggested, that the aliens themselves are an integral part of the ships, then it all becomes very complex, and therefore even more vulnerable to small but ultimately catastrophic failure.

On the other hand, if as I suspect, these "aliens" and UFOs function outside of what we perceive as normal spacetime, allowing them to "cover their tracks" to a degree that they still remain relatively obscure to the general public, then these crashes may be entirely on purpose and left in place intentionally to be discovered by us.

Why? Presumably to more rapidly advance our technology and prepare us for some approaching event where we'll need to put that technology to use.

Maybe.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Radar isn't natural, like x-rays, is it ? If it is entirely man-made, its not a stretch at all to say any alien spacecraft might run into malfunctions because of it.

I might be wrong but i thought x-rays are a natural occurance, just something that humans learned to harnass and manipulate. I thought we are bombarded to a very small degree by cosmic x-rays and gamma rays on a daily basis...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98

I might be wrong but i thought x-rays are a natural occurance, just something that humans learned to harnass and manipulate. I thought we are bombarded to a very small degree by cosmic x-rays and gamma rays on a daily basis...

sorry, meant to question if radar is natural, like x-rays which are natural.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:16 PM
link   
How many of the 'crashes' are not really crashes at all? Perhaps some of them are deliberately planted as disinformation, with phony technology to throw us off track.

The allies did the same thing to the Germans during WWII and to the Soviets during the Cold War. We knew they had spies lurking about, so obsolete or abandoned technology was 'leaked' or 'allowed' to be stolen, resulting in a lot of time, money, and effort being spent by our adversaries duplicating futile technology.

The aliens could be doing the same to us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join