It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC ACTIVATES "EMERGENCY OPERATIONS CENTER FOR FLU!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I guess this is standard proceedure, but it sure
sounds ominous dose'nt it?
(there all out to get me)

ATLANTA -- The nation's top health agency has activated its emergency operations center and has established response teams to assist states with the country's flu outbreak, federal officials said today.

The first major test of the center came after SARS, the deadly respiratory disease, was first detected in China last November.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was expected to release more information this afternoon.

The agency also was preparing to post new information on its Web site for health workers, detailing how to properly prioritize patients who show up at hospitals with possible flu symptoms. Agency officials have been studying child deaths from the flu this season, officials said.

At least 36 states have been labeled by the agency as having widespread flu activity, the nation's highest outbreak level for influenza, and no state has been untouched by the virus.

The flu season has struck early, and many areas have reported flu shot shortages as demand quickly outpaced supply. But the government has worked to purchase remaining flu shot supplies for states.

During the SARS outbreak, the CDC was able to distribute more than 2.5 million alerts to incoming travelers on more than 300,000 direct and 2 million indirect flights to the United States. It also broadcast the latest information to China about the disease, which killed 774 people and sickened more than 8,000.

www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 19-12-2003 by fortean]

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Next comes FEMA. They'll probably institute a quarantine for everyone to stay indoors just like they did in Asia. Great.

I'm dreaming of a hospital-white Christmas........

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
darklanser.. I like your signature, way cool !

I was going to start a new thread with this, but decided to put it here..

the other day I was reading somewhere here on ATS that SARS and this recent outbreak of flu possibly was man made and released on the population or something to that effect...

I was thinking, what if part of that was true. I'll bet that the US was working on biological and chemical weapons and discovered that SARS and this FLU would / could kill and thought great, we have an awesome new weapon... and then it happens, somehow one of the "workers" gets infected, takes it home infects another and so on so forth.

So now we have this "mad made" disease out that we are responsible for costing who knows how much for the "sick" to be treated, not to mention taking care of the ones who died from it.

A year later a new "FLU" killing people and the CDC opens this operations center, costing who knows how much more money. I guess it's a good thing that it's open, cause I don't want to see anyone get sick and die.

I also agree, FEMA is probably next.. what a way to spend Christams... should it happen..

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
the other day I was reading somewhere here on ATS that SARS and this recent outbreak of flu possibly was man made and released on the population or something to that effect...

It would not surprise me. Population control is an absolute necessity. How do we covertly eliminate the consumers? ::cough::

::pinches self:: It's real, folks.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser

I'm dreaming of a hospital-white Christmas........

Nice

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The thing that bothers me with all the flu stuff in the news right now is....If this particular strain of flu (Fujian A) has not been seen since the 90's, where in the hell has it been? In a lab somewhere? It supposedly a mutated form. I know virii will mutate over a period of time, but this one has two different genetic mutations this season. Why? The CDC had guessed that this years strain would be A-Panama. When the lives of millions of people are on the line....you take a guess !?!?! WTF, is all I can say. My son is sick right now with the flu, I'm hoping he doesn't have this strain. He has had bad asthma problems since he was born. This is really hitting too close to home for me.

top topics

join