It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contrails ? You Decide ATS Member Video

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Pilgrim
Ahh, I've been missing something here. I didn't realise there was a differece between contrail and chemtrail and assumed the words were used interchangeably. Obviously, I was wrong. My apologies.

Grey

It depends. Basically a 'chemtrail' is the name chemtrail conspiracists give to a persistent contrail - one which doesn't evaporate within a few minutes of formation.

Chemtrail conspiracists say this is because of something added to the contrail. Though they can't agree what or why. Meteorologists say it's because of prevailing atmospheric conditions at the time and are mystified as to why anyone would think there's a conspiracy around them. And some climatologists are concerned that ever way it means increased global warming ....

[edit on 21-2-2007 by Essan]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the clarifications, I think it's sinking in a bit now!

Predictably, I've spent most of the afternoon looking out of various windows at home. It's been a bright, sunny day with a few thin clouds. I was watching contrails on and off to see if I could spot anything I hadn't before. I still noticed the same as I mentioned in a previous post. Some aircraft left very short, well defined lines which disappeared within minutes. Others left trails right across the sky which stayed for an hour or two. I didn't spot any aircraft that left no trail though. The trails that stayed visible didn't expand a great deal and looked nothing like the those in the videos posted here.

This is a very interesting thread. Thank you for the education.

Grey

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Chemtrail conspiracists say this is because of something added to the contrail. Though they can't agree what or why. Meteorologists say it's because of prevailing atmospheric conditions at the time and are mystified as to why anyone would think there's a conspiracy around them. And some climatologists are concerned that ever way it means increased global warming ....

That is about it in a nutshell, it is an interesting phenomena, sinister or not but one that should be researched further.

posted on Mar, 31 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Please explain something to me. You say they're spraying something through the engines of planes. How is it getting past the fuel filters? Engines are fairly sensitive to things being added into the fuel (that's why they have to check the fuel for water and oil and other things accidentally put into it) so how are they not destroying the engines by adding these chemicals to them? How is it that the people that fuel the planes, and check the fuel for contaminants don't notice anything odd added to the fuel?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is one of those subjects on ATS that I'm really not all that interested in. Lemme splain why.

It's no mystery that the sky has become covered in white goo left behind by planes more and more over the past ten years. I've been a sky watcher my whole life and there are plenty of pictures and videos so this fact isn't up for debate.

Now, let's assume full blown conspiracy. It probably still isn't that bad. You see, flouride in the water could be bad because those "in the know" would know to drink bottled water, etc, and avoid the "dangers" of the flouride, and could probably make sure their families did the same without spilling the beans as to why. But EVERYBODY breathes. If these chemicals posed a potential danger it would affect even the "conspirators." So, if the design of the spray would be to affect population, contaminating the water supplies would be a far cheaper, easier, and safer task.

Okay, so, these sprays could still be dangerous due to unknown side effects that were missed in the testing of the substance.
Ehhh. I'm not worried about that type of crap. If I was really worried about my long term health I would lighten up on my liver and lungs.

I do dabble in the subject though, and I'm always curious as to the current state of the conspiracy. Until now it's usually been back and forth bickering on threads like this, and it's not a subject I really cared to research myself.
However, this link over here actually has DATA. Well shooooot, imagine that. I'll be honest, I'm not reading all of it now because I'm sleepy. Besides, it has too much fact and not enough heart.

Originally posted by Stale Cracker
Some very good research can be found here:
www.chemtrailcentral.com...

You know what though, that still isn't what I'm looking for. Most people on this site are very intelligent, so some scientific facts would do wonders in ending this debate. Now I've heard the goofy debunkers around here talk their mess about, "you just don't know enough about meteorology." Well, put your money where your mouth is. Most of us have solid backrounds in calculus, physics, chemistry, and not to mention some astronomy, relativity, and quantum mechanics. So, ending this debate is easy. Doesn't matter what side you're on. Just prove whether or not water vapor from the engines of an airliner can form a contrail persisting for over four hours. Show us the "meteorolgy," complete with formulas, equations, and all that good stuff.

Although, sometimes I think the debunkers on here aren't debunkers at all. For whatever reason, I think they are making people discover the truth for themselves. That's just an impression I've been getting. Perhaps they are people in the know and they would truly like to come clean, but to do so would put them in breach of contract, so they push people to truth using the stick instead of the carrot.

Sorry, that last paragraph was brainspew. And that means that it's bedtime.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
JacKatMtn,

I live in Roanoke, So we see essentially the same airspace. If you have any questions about overflights in our area I would be happy to help. A few good starting point is to get a free membership to here. If you are more towards the bottom of the valley, KROA (Roanoke Regional) will be the airspace you want to view. Not all flight info is listed, but if you refresh your browser, the page will switch back and forth between the clustered flights. Frequently we get multiple flights following the same nav track, but at different alititudes. Most of the flights are hitting the PSK, Dublin (Pulaski), H-VORTAC. Anything else will either be using a H-VORTAC that is not in our area or the are using a GPS Navaid, such as PAUKI. One additional thing to remember is that many of the tracking systems are delayed, per the FAA, for security reasons. Airnavsystems makes a really good live flight tracking suite, that you can try for free. The full retail version is ~$20 per month. U2U me if you have any questions!

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is a great little 2 minute video on You Tube about Chemtrails.

Chemtrails

The title of the movie is Aerosol Attacks.

[edit on 9-4-2007 by pahrump]

posted on Apr, 10 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
You know what though, that still isn't what I'm looking for. Most people on this site are very intelligent, so some scientific facts would do wonders in ending this debate. Now I've heard the goofy debunkers around here talk their mess about, "you just don't know enough about meteorology." Well, put your money where your mouth is. Most of us have solid backrounds in calculus, physics, chemistry, and not to mention some astronomy, relativity, and quantum mechanics. So, ending this debate is easy. Doesn't matter what side you're on. Just prove whether or not water vapor from the engines of an airliner can form a contrail persisting for over four hours. Show us the "meteorolgy," complete with formulas, equations, and all that good stuff.

Well, however since you are the one going against commonly held views that some trails are not contrails, then its actually up to you prove that those are some chemical trails, and not ice crystals.

Is their maximum time that ice crystals can last in -50 or so temps?

Are cirrus clouds a modern day hoax meant to hide chemtrail spraying?

If ice crystals last more than a few minutes, are they probably not really ice?

If you look outside at a clear blue sky, do you see water vapor?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join