It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Bullet Magnet" Prince Harry Wales

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRex13
Harry is a Mountbatten (Battenburg)-Windsor (Saxe-Coburg Gotha). His title is Prince Henry of Wales.

Indeed, but what is the relevance of his name?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
stumason:

I posted this information for those who do not understand their history. The OS uses Wales as if it's a surname, which it isn't.

----------

On review, my information was OT, so to steer it back in the appropriate direction, I find it very convenient that Harry is to be deployed just as the UK announces it's leaving Iraq. Perhaps we need to send one of the Bush children or grandchildren into the fray to end this stupidity.

[edit on 2/21/2007 by RRex13]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRex13
stumason:

I posted this information for those who do not understand their history. The OS uses Wales as if it's a surname, which it isn't.

----------

On review, my information was OT, so to steer it back in the appropriate direction, I find it very convenient that Harry is to be deployed just as the UK announces it's leaving Iraq. Perhaps we need to send one of the Bush children or grandchildren into the fray to end this stupidity.

[edit on 2/21/2007 by RRex13]

oops! can someone pls delete this post

[edit on 21-2-2007 by citizen smith]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
eh, big deal. he's just "the spare" anyway

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I wonder what is behind the UK government's decision to endanger the life of one of their princes...

How could they benefit from Harry's death?

Diana's and Harry's deaths could conceivably be used to manipulate and control the decisions of a new king whether it be Charles or William.
Harry's death, like his mother's, could conceivably be used to manipulate and control the decisions of the masses…whether they be British, or American, or Iranians, or Iraqians, or Europeans, or so on.

An emotional person is easily manipulated…

Afterall, Diana's death has lost its emotional impact over time. Maybe the government believes that it is time to refresh the anguish of losing some more of its royalty.

If the Queen, Charles, and William die of mysterious but otherwise natural causes without producing an heir to the throne, who would be next in line to be king? Harry? What happens if Harry is already dead?

Who would the government put on the throne?

This site suggests someone from the Morovingian blood line could sit on the throne. Supposedly the Knights Templar have been protecting the "Holy Grail". Perhaps the "Holy Grail" is a female belonging to the Morovingian blood line that will give birth, or has given birth, to the person who will sit on the throne after the Windsor family has been removed:

www.watch.pair.com...

[edit on 22-2-2007 by checkers]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I very much hope I'm wrong but I fear that Harry "Wales" may become a target for the elements amongst us who wish to escalate military action against Iran.

I'm not saying it would be reason enough but would add to a catalogue of arguments by the warmongers.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by checkers...Maybe the government believes that it is time to refresh the anguish of losing some more of its royalty...

That's really out there. Where would such an absurd idea come from?
Do you really think the monarchy would stand for such a thing?

Harry is going into Iraq, yes, but Herr "Bullet Magnet" will have more protection than any of us can imagine. This is a stunt.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There's absolutely no need to read anything mysterious into this. He's a serving officer and his regiment is due for a routine deployment to Iraq. Why wouldn't he go?

More to the point, having paid to train him and then paid him an officer's salary I would be bloody furious if he was held back for any reason.

I just hope to goodness he isn't killed, another "spontaneous" outpouring of collective national grief would be unbearable.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
If Harry falls in combat or is beheaded............

Im sure the backlash from the English and American forces will be like none other that we have seen before.

I wish for the Princes safe return back to England

He is no more important than any other man standing in that war. If he were to die it would be sad but not more so than any other Brit or American who dies in the conflict.

The British Royal Family would grieve ... just like every other family who has dealt with such loss has grieved. They too would move on. In the grand scheme of things it would have little impact on the world. Of course his death would be treated (even if accidentally shot himself) would be treated more heroically than other deaths by the media because of his notoriety.

I do agree that his being there makes British forces in general more of a target for insurgents. And if they every find out what unit he is in then they'll be in for a good fight. I'm not sure how close to the hard fighting lines they intend to place him. Hopefully they consider the other troops safety when deciding what unit he will lead.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas
I do agree that his being there makes British forces in general more of a target for insurgents. And if they every find out what unit he is in then they'll be in for a good fight. I'm not sure how close to the hard fighting lines they intend to place him. Hopefully they consider the other troops safety when deciding what unit he will lead.

He's in the Blue's and Royal's (Household Cavalry), from what I understand and their task in iraq will be armoured reconnaisance, mainly in Scimitars (the kind the Yanks get confused over and blow up....)

There will be no extra troops surrounding, bar the men he is commanding. Any presence showing that he is favoured above other's, despite his protests that he wants to be treated as any other, would lower morale amongst the rest of the officer's and men.

I should think that troops from the B&R's are more than capable of looking after him in any case.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If something happens to him, the SAS would come and rescue him.

www.thisislondon.co.uk...

Sources say a team of SAS men will be on stand-by to shadow the prince - ready to intervene if necessary. A member of the special forces said: "A team has been preparing for this announcement.

"The prince himself may not even be aware of it. He will not be stopped from fulfilling his full military role. But it would be a dereliction of duty for military chiefs not to be prepared for the worst and hand the insurgents a chance to make a devastating impact.

"A full recce has been carried out. We don't want to take any chances."

One fear is of Harry being kidnapped by al Qaeda and paraded on the internet in a devastating publicity coup. There is also concern that Iranian-backed Shia insurgents would try to kill him.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
That's understandable and I thought the SAS would be loitering. That is a far cry from surrounding him with bodyguards that some are saying will happen.

I doubt they would intervene unless absolutely necessary. If he is involved in a firefight and is not in danger of being taken hostage, I suspect they would just sit and enjoy the show.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianGlasnost

Maybe it is also a political move? I wonder what would be the reactions in the UK if he gets killed...

Maybe it will reinforce the public opinion in favor of the War

Why on earth would it?

The only real pro-monarchy region in Britain is the south east. Many are firmly anti-Monarchy.

Even if the whole country was pro monarchy I think his death would lead to people wanting us to pull out even more!

The way it is though, the majority won't really care too much and will just get frustrated by all the stuff about his death and the funeral on the TV. They may respect him for putting his precious scrawney neck on the line but that's it.

I say send them all out and let them fend for themselves!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Luxifero
What if something unexpected does happen to our dear prince and Iran is blamed? Do you think this would be a casus belli for the British to support a war against Iran?

Luxifero

Our Dear Prince?

Can I respectfully ask where you are from, mate?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's perfectly obvious how this is going to end..

Odds are, he will be kidnapped or killed.

He is going to be a walking target - the ultimate target. If anything, the insurgents will focus a lot of their effort in trying to kidnap or kill him. To them, this is a golden oppertunity. It's like they've just won the lottery. Killing a member of the British royal family, third in line to the thrown? Beside the Queen, Charles, William and Blair there is no brit they'd rather slaughter.

It would be like the 5th main man at Al Qaeda walking into the MI5 building in London.

Hope i'm wrong. Problem is, i'm not.

[edit on 22-2-2007 by tiaw1]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Death for Prince Harry would most certainly serve a political agenda.

The media portrayal would not be of the foolhardy prince who chose to serve a corrupt agenda; it would depict him as a hero who fought for his nation and perished at the hands of evil extremists and terrorists. The Royal Family project such a sensitive field around them that most media outlets will not dare condemn his death; it will instead serve to 'fuel the fire' further, following an embarrasingly elaborate few weeks of national mourning and 'tough talk' as a political response from whichever bloated puppet happens to be in power at the time. The war will suddenly become very 'real' for most people, and, with that, so will the fear. Up until now we've only seen annoynomous pictures of men we never knew. When Harry's face is plastered all over the newspapers it will suddenly provoke a far more emotional response. "The Nation Has Lost a Son" will be the most overused non-sequitor of all the hyperbole and furlore that will follow.

My housemate woke up this morning and told me she'd had a really vivid dream that the Prince had died in Iraq... and while I'm not suggesting in any way that it constituates a tangible possiblity as a consquence of that; it certainly got me thinking and wondering whether this all might be to serve an agenda. Don't be surprised if he's pushing up the daisies this time next year.

That said, I wish him the best of luck.

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There are apparently some new concerns regarding Prince Harry's safety in Iraq. Mogilevich bought some stolen "super sensitive" US-created software for $3 million and sold it to terrorists. They say Al Sadr has a copy of this software now...

How Iraq terrorists target Prince Harry

February 24, 2007

New concerns for Prince Harry's safety have emerged with MI6's discovery that the Iran-backed Mahdi army has obtained a version of the super-sensitive, U.S.-created Promis software, according to a breaking report in Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin.

The software was originally sold by a renegade FBI agent, Robert Hanssen. For years he had been a KGB spy inside the FBI. Before he was arrested in 2001, he had passed the FBI version of Promis to his handlers in Moscow.

With the collapse of the Soviet Union, Hanssen's handlers sold a copy of Promis to Semyon Mogilevich, the head of Europe's notorious crime family, the Rising Sun, for $3 million.

In Tehran, the MI6 intelligence service has learned, President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad ordered his programmers to create a copy of the software.

Last week it emerged it was in the hands of the radical Shia cleric, Moqtada al-Sadr, in Iraq.

Related ATS Threads:
The World's Most Accessible Nuclear Facility
Tiraspol - Moldova - Mafia in Uniform
Russia to Cut Off Natural Gas Pipeline to Ukraine
Diana, Official Report: The Crash Was an Accident.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
It's funny how the more the media report on him the more he will become a bullet magnet. He'll be in uniform the same as everyone else, it'll be harder to distinguish him from everyone else.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't think the general in charge is gonna want Harry killed on his watch. Most likely he'll sit him at a desk surrounded by 12 SAS bodyguards.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join