It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus was a black man or of black decent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
lol, it just hit me how he is mixing chistianity and evolution to make his point.

I guess if you are hardcore religious, you have to prove adam and eve were black, because mary and joseph and all mankind are descendents of adam and eve, right ?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
This wiki entry has some good information and links: en.wikipedia.org...

some good quotes:

There are no undisputed historical images of Jesus. There is no reliable evidence that a surviving portrait of him exists, or even ever existed.

No detailed physical description of Jesus are contained in any of the canonical Gospels

ie, They (King James et al., I assume, is who you're implicating) didn't make Him white either. Cultures from around the world have portayed Him as one of "their own" blacks, white, latin, chinese, etc., .... all whilst reading the same Scriptures.

In other words: If King James wanted to make the Lord white he did a lousy job of it. Of course we can translate the same sources he used/did to make the KJV just to make sure he/they didn't change it... you've got to spend some more time studying and critically thinking this through. Just my opinion of course.

This is, believed to be, the oldest portrayl of Jesus:

I think that settles it once and for all! He was blurry, with one eye bigger than the other.. and a um... a mushed up mouth. Of course mushmouth was one of Fat Albert's buds and was also black... hmmmm. Perhaps our racist friend is on to something here? In Hoagland ease I must ask: What does Bill Cosby know and when did he know it!

To quote some brilliant minds I'd like to offer the following quotes:

Most importantly wtf would his skintone matter if you are a believer of Christ? ~Lysergic

When Jesus returns, do you really think it's going to matter to you whether he's Jewish, black,white, Chinese, Mexican? Do you really think you are going to care at that point? ~ SpeakerofTruth

And Annie went poetic on ya:

Love is love.
Love is a rainbow. ~queenannie38

Finally, not to beat a dead horse,... but

me:
Do you believe in him brother? Do you follow his teachings? What does any of this have to do with His message!?!

Why is it important? To you?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I know what you mean..

God created all the people black in Africa....

And then whites came and ruined it? ..

And then the whties through reproduction changed the physical appearance of the people they produced with... creating a new race...

So apparently God had no hand in making whites lol.. or he made all blacks and some turned white?
It is apparent this kid is confused on more then one issue.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Do you like Nazis?

cuz you sound just like one.

Also, your completely wrong.

May God help your soul, comrade.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I like Nazi's...(real nazi's that is - they are extinct now)
especially in the past life when i was the original Nazi..or second on the production line, maybe.

what of it?

I like rainbows!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
First I want to start off by stating that any black person who believes in Christianity and hates white people is a hypocrite. How can you believe in a religion that was forced upon your people, and try to say thier messiah is of your peoples decent. I personally think christianity is a load of BS. Actually, I think all religions are BS. Only idiots without minds of there own follow a religion based on the perspective of ancient man. The day humanity finally lets go of its baseless past beliefs, is the day we as one people can finally advance as a species. Im looking forward to that day.

P.S.
This is comming from a 17yr old black dude(well, light brown).

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackdude
First I want to start off by stating that any black person who believes in Christianity and hates white people is a hypocrite. How can you believe in a religion that was forced upon your people, and try to say thier messiah is of your peoples decent.

I tried to use that logic as well. Unfortunately though racists/religious extremists don't acknowledge the existance of either logic or common sense.

Look it's nice that everyone here is (attempting) to refute bigpluck_resurrected's claims, however he is only a 'troll' account: the other 'bigpluck' was (presumably) banned for racist comments (what you people have seen here is NOTHING compared to his other comments such as 'blacks are God's chosen people while whites are the Devil's hellspawn, created by Nordic aliens to pave the way for the oncoming of the anti-Christ') on the 'Jesus portrayed as a caucasian' thread.

Unless he's completly banned (i.p address etc) the 'Conspiracies in Religion' forum is going to become quite, for lack of a better word, 'interesting'.

The best thing anyone can do would be to let this thread 'die' and sink into the Viewless Country...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
To all in discussion about Jesus being black--The only color that matters concerning the Jesus of history is the crimson blood shed at Calvary. You are all being led astray by the minions of hell into discussions about The Son of God that mean zero!

It is a tool of Satan to get people talking and arguing about Jesus in a way that disregards Christ's finished work at the cross. If I were the Devil, I'd keep all your silly butts busy with Jesus nonsense like skin color and Da Vinci code fiction.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I turned agnostic so I do not have to worry about any of this

Does not matter if he is black, white, purple or blue !
If you like his book then how in any way will it change your beliefs ?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
There's no way Jesus was black (if he existed)

The original poster doesn't know much about Jews. Jews have very strict marriage laws, and do not readily accept converts. So their bloodlines are pretty straightforward.

There are Black Jews, but they are in Africa and their lineages are known:
en.wikipedia.org...

In the area where Jesus was born, there aren't any groups of Black Jews.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
He wasn't black, he wasn't white. He would have looked middle eastern. Arab. Tan skin and dark hair.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I think Jesus would have looked like all of the other Arab men, like an Arab. Hello this was in the Middle East they are Arab looking there. The only reason why the Jews that live in Israel don't look Arab today is because they were living in European countries plus the states, and they got to move back there after WWII.

I also remember watching a documentary show on the Discovery Channel or History Channel where they showed what Jesus looked like it was Arab, so not White or Black, it was Brown.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
*bangs my head against the friggin wall* I am so tired of explaining this that I want to scream!

What does it matter to you people anyway (not the original poster). Most of you mock him and blaspheme his name. One of you actually refered to him as "it". Oh! lordy! if it was child molesting mohammed, youd be scrapping and bowing down to kiss that sick freak's behind.
Anyway, I dont care what you people believe.

He was not black, He was not white, He was not arab, He was HEBREW!!!!! He was not a Canaanite(arab)! Read your friggin bible people!!!!

As for why the Jews today are white, or at least white looking, you can still see they are semitic. It was because the tribes of Irael that were dispersed to the wind after the war with the Romans mostly ended up in europe.

Have we finally put this stupid debate to rest?

As for bigpluck and his question, "Would I bow down to Jesus Chrit if he was black?" The answer is HELL YES!

I would bow down and wash his feet and beg foriveness for my sins. I believe in Jesus Christ and I dont care what he looks like. I love him for all eternity and thank him everyday for the blessings he bestowed upon me. None of us deserve what he gave us, but he gave with his very blood and I accept his gift with gratitude.

Thank You.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I believe that Jesus taught that there are..... no bond, nor free, Jew nor Greek, male nor female but ALL are ONE in the Body of Christ WHY did Paul write that for? (Not just for the fun of it but as a CLUE to terminate racism) Thats RIGHT racism EXISTED also in Jesus times! ( Read about the Palestinian woman who refered to herself as one who wanted to eat the crumbs from the masters table like as the dogs do. Jesus spoke to her in this manner for her healing to stand UP in humility. There ARE no superior races IN the Body of Christ. So nope it does not matter Jesus color. Hebrew decent is correct answer, however I DO see MANY shades to Hebrew, many SHADES of white, MANY SHADES OF ALL COLORS, sooo geesh I guess the Ole' Lady Propag8r is OPAQUE~~~!! LoL

[edit on 20-2-2007 by LadyPropag8r]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
You know what really gets me? Threads like this!! Some of you act as if it really matters what color Jesus was... Let me ask the OP something... When Jesus returns, do you really think it's going to matter to you whether he's Jewish, black,white, Chinese, Mexican? Do you really think you are going to care at that point?

By the way, as one poster already pointed out, large tracts of the bible is used for political purposes...So, to argue about the bible is really just defending a certain political perspective, not defending the truth of God almighty.

Large tracts of the bible used for political purposes? Could you refer me to more of this?

Text

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Most importantly wtf would his skintone matter if you are a believer of Christ?

Exactly. Only a racist bigot would care what colour his skin was

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Warpig
Large tracts of the bible used for political purposes? Could you refer me to more of this?

Text

The whole doctrine of "hell" for example,nothing more than a fear tactic... Not only that, politicians use the bible for a crutch quite often.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Er...ok, a few things.
Yes, Jesus (Yeshua) was born a Jew and so would've looked Jewish, NOT Arab (lets not get the peoples mixed up here,) even though both are semitic races and sons of Abraham. With regard to the Jews being of pure stock and converts not readily encouraged...Jesus great great great great great etc grandmother was a Moabite woman who essentially converted to Judaism. She was the grand mother or great grandmother of King David. Should be there in the bible genealogies.
As for skin colour and everyone originally being black, or white, or whatever... the thing with DNA is that 'Adam and Eve' would've been 'half cast/ brown', as that is the only possibility that leaves the chance of a DNA variant to be passed that would later on give black, white, yellow skin, etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I seem to remember that Jesus genealogy is listed in the Bible in at least two places. Jesus was a descendant in the line of David. If he were not he would have no legitimate claim to be the Messiah. No question, in the scriptures at least, that I know of, was ever made as to his linage and of his being Jewish.

That being said, most of those who make the claim that Jesus was black or of African descent do so because of political reasons or the literal interpretation of a couple of scriptures, Like Rev 1:14 where in a vision the Apostle John sees Jesus and his hair has the appearance of White Wool.
Or Rev 1:15 & 2:18 where his feet are likened to copper. But these are not meant to be taken literally otherwise you would also have to believethat his voice sounded like Rushing water and his eyes were like a glowing fire, and that he walked around with a long sword protruding from his mouth.

Also another point. Judas is known to have betrayed Jesus to the Soldiers with a Kiss. This was the way the soldiers would be able to identify him. It seems to then logical to conclude that Jesus appearance did no vary greatly from that of his apostles. Otherwise Judas could have simply told the soldiers, "Arrest the black one".

Just my observations.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackdude
First I want to start off by stating that any black person who believes in Christianity and hates white people is a hypocrite. How can you believe in a religion that was forced upon your people, and try to say thier messiah is of your peoples decent. I personally think christianity is a load of BS. Actually, I think all religions are BS. Only idiots without minds of there own follow a religion based on the perspective of ancient man. The day humanity finally lets go of its baseless past beliefs, is the day we as one people can finally advance as a species. Im looking forward to that day.

quoted for the upmost and total truth.

thread over!

[edit on 20-2-2007 by The Blade Runner]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join