It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jesus was a black man or of black decent

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm curious, bigpluck ressurected, as to why you think this is important?

I'm very serious about the question.

As a few others have stated; when/if Jesus comes/returns the color of his skin won't matter at all.

Vas

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigpluck ressurected
thats the thing, do you have any evidence that he was white period first of all, the reason for me saying is because its okay for him to look white and theres no problems, but once some one comes up with the truth that he was of dark decent, or from the african lineage, then theres something wrong with that!!

you people prove to me that he was white first of all!!!!

How about you take your racist BS off the board.. How many names have you now come under and spread your same crap and not once offer evidence let alone a argument which someone can go up against you with. You do not care for history nor whether he was ever black or white or yellow but your own racial superiority.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
WELL THE NORTH AFRICANS ARE BLACK AND THEY DO DWELL IN THE DESSERT ALSO, BUT WE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND ALSO, THAT THEY WERE MIXED IN TOO, THATS WHY A LOT OF ETHIOPIANS,AND SAMOLIANS HAIR IS MUCH MORE MANAGABLE AND THEY'RE HAIR IS LONGER WITH SIGNS OF EUROPEAN GENBETIC TRAITS IN THEM , BUT THE ORIGINAL ETHIOPIAN TRAIT LIKE KING SOLOMAN WHO WAS A VERY DARK ETHIOPIAN,AS WELL LIKE MOST ORIGINAL TRAITS OF MOST OF THE PLANETS NATIVES ACROSS THE GLOBE, ARE BLACK, OR SOME TYPE OF RELATION IN THEY'RE GENES OF AFRICAN LINKAGE OF ANCESTORY.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by bigpluck ressurected]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Bigpluck, I suspect that the reason why you are pressing this issue is because you lack any spiritual knowledge. Why don't you go and learn about what Jesus actually taught and then this won't be such an issue for ya. You are obviously the only one that has any great concern over this issue...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   

would you white people be willing to bow down to a black or colored messiah if he was to return?

That's pretty inflammatory, isn't it? If you think that Jesus was black, come up with some evidence. Prove it to me beyond a reasonable doubt and I will have no problem buying it. Racist vitriol is not the way to get your point across. Come back with some evidence and let's debate it.

Here's some circumstantial evidence that Jesus was not black:

Jesus was a Jew, born in Bethlehem. Based on that, I can reasonably say that he looked nothing like Ted Nugent. I can also say, that based on the region of the world that he was born in, Jesus probably bore no resemblance to Jamie Foxx, either.

Anyaway, why does it really matter that much to you what the man looked like? Do you have a problem with religion in general, or are you just interested in dropping bombs for the sake of dropping bombs?

[edit on 2/19/07 by savage99]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasilis Azoth
I'm curious, bigpluck ressurected, as to why you think this is important?

I'm very serious about the question.

As a few others have stated; when/if Jesus comes/returns the color of his skin won't matter at all.

Vas

YES IT DOES MATTER, BECAUSE EVERYTHING MATTERS, THE CREATOR OF MANKIND OR THE ORIGIN OF MANKIND COMES FROM AFRICA,WHICH IS WHY WE CALL IT THE MOTHER LAND, THATS WHERE EVERYTHING CAME FROM,THATS WHERE MOSES GOT TWO OF EVERY ANIMAL,THAT IS WHERE THE FIRST HUMAN BONES OF MANKIND WAS FOUND PERIOD,
SO I WOULD BELIVE THAT WHEN HE COMES, IT WILL BE IN THE STATE OF HUE-WHICH IS BLACK, WHICH MEANS AND STANDS FOR THE BEGINNING OF EVERY LIVING THING THAT EXISTS IN HIS LIKENESS.

ARE MOST OF THE PEOPLE WILLING TO BOW DOWN TO THE CREATOR WHO WILL BE IN THE LIKNESS OF AN AFRICAN, VERSES THOSE PICTURES OF CEASARE BORGIAS, OR IN ANY LIKENESS OF A EAUROPEAN PERIOD. NO OFFENSE, BUT THATS A HARD PILL TO SWALLOW, THEY WILL REJECT HIM JUST LIKE THEY DID WHEN HE WAS WALKING THE EARTH, BECAUSE HE'S NOT WHITE LIKE THEY WERE LIED TO. NOT IN THE IMAGE AS THE EUROPEAN CONQUERERS WHO OPRESSED THE NATIVES OF THE GLOBE WITH THEY'RE IMPRESSIONS AND PROPAGANDAS OF A WHITE MESSIAH.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Could you please reach over there with your left pinky and hit the caps lock button one more time? Calm down!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:57 PM
link   

WELL THE NORHT AFRICANS ARE BLACK AND THEY DO DWELL IN THE DESSERT ALSO, BUT WE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND ALSO, THAT THEY WERE MIXED IN TOO, THATS WHY A LOT OF ETHIOPIANS,AND SAMOLIANS HAIR IS MUCH MORE MANAGABLE AND THEY'RE HAIR IS LONGER, BUT THE ORIGINAL ETHIOPIAN TRAIT JUST LIKE MOST ORIGINAL TRAITS OF MOST OF THE PLANETS NATIVES ACROSS THE GLOBE, ARE BLACK, OR SOME TYPE OF RELATION IN THEY'RE GENES OF AFRICAN LINKAGE OF ANCESTORY.

Listen, its cool your black and all, but don't get pissed off at the world because Jesus wasn't.

North Africans ABOVE the Sahara in the time of Christ was NOT black. It was mostly as it is today! .. I know thats hard to grasp.. OMG.. Africa, surly it must be black!
Ah.. ignorance..

Aside from that, Christ resided in an area known as Israel/Palestine.. the population that is and always has been from recorded ancient history a SEMETIC race of people. The people in Palestine today are the decendants of the Palestinians and Philistinians of 2,000+ years ago. I am terribly sorry.. but thats a fact. He was Semetic, he was a Jew, he was not black.

Now, there are plenty of other black areas in the world to go study and discuss, but your relentless attempts to this topic on this board is getting near pathetic. Why is it so dear to you that Jesus and North Africa in history are Black?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by savage99
Could you please reach over there with your left pinky and hit the caps lock button one more time? Calm down!

This racist is apparently worked up over this little discussion here. Now I suppose since "god came from africa" we should all worship the "motherland" and ... what? .. praise blacks? .. Is that what your looking for here? .. Do you need attention?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If the Tribulation and End Times prophecies are to be believed, I think it would be a little difficult to not realize that it was Jesus returned, regardless of color. And to echo others and use your infantile caps-lock:

NO IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT COLOR HE IS.

I could care less if he were black, white, chinese, burmese, pygmy, aztec or any other #### color/ race. His teachings are what matter, whether you are Christian or not. Yes we all came from Africa, no one is arguing that. But what you fail to realize is that people adapt to their environment, Jesus being born in Bethlehem would imply he is a HEBREW. Yes today Jews are much more fair skinned specifically Ashkenazi Jews but that does not change the fact that the Jesus of the bible would NOT be black, he would be much more dark skinned than your Roman at the time, but he was not from Africa; unequivocally, end of story.

Keep up your rants though, they are highly entertaining, well the spelling leaves something to be desired but still; keep on truckin.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
FIRST OF ALL, JAMIE FOX AND ALL AFRO AMERICANS WERE MIXED DOAN SPRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY,BECAUSE IN THOSE TIMES EVERYTHING WAS MOST PURE AT ITS POINT, UNTIL THE EUROPEANS STARTED ABOUT TO CONQUER THE GLOBE IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE WORLD THEN PEOPLE BECAME MIXED,JESUS WAS DARKER THEN YOU PEOPLE THINK, EVEN THE PALISTINIANS AND IRANIANS AND ARABIANS IN THOSE TIMES WERE OF A DARK UNMIXED AFRICAN LIKE ORIGIN,NOTHING WAS MIXED IN A GREAT MASS LIKE NOW, BECAUSE I TOO AM OF AFRICAN DECENT BUT HAVE BEEN MIXED ALSO, SO I LOOK LIGHTER THEN MY ORIGINS OF IN THE MOTHER LAND, EVEN THE ORIGINAL AFRICANS ARE NOW BEING MIXED AND BECOMING LIGHTER, AND LUGHTER KNUCKLE HEAD,
USE YOUR COMMON SENSE IF YOU HAVE ANY IN YOUR POCKET TAKE IT OUT!!!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Since Jesus was a Jew, i'd say he probably wasn't black. People pretty much stuck to their own neck of the woods back then, on the count of gas being so expensive, and the donkey's kept croaking when you'd fill them up. I'm pretty sure Jesus didn't have a lot of black friends is what i'm trying to say, because of all the Hebrews everywehre. It was kind of like a kosher sausage fest, so to speak.

Jesus was probably pretty dark, as were most people in the area i would assume. But it doesn't make him black.

It doesn't make him white either. To really believe that Jesus was white is a very impressive leap of faith, simply due to the location of his birth. They pictured him to be white, probably because it was more believable in a time where your neighbor was most likely your enemy. Besides, if you read Mary Magdalens Autobiography entitled, "Jesus Christ!", you'll see that she clearly implied he is NOT circumsized.

To me, it wouldn't make any difference what color Jesus is, because it's not the least bit important to the message. Lead a good life. That's a pretty good message. It had power. Unfortunately, power isn't untapped for too long, and it was quickly turned into a weapon. And it has been an effective weapon ever since. I think the power of persuasion is far and away the most... well, powerful.

I'm cold. Florida isn't supposed to be this cold. I can't believe i'm from Wisconsin, they'd never take me back. Anyway, i apologize if my response was too long, offensive, or anything yet to be considered. My fingers just got to work and i couldn't let them down.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
So can we infer from this that if Jesus was black that your people are being punished because you screwed things up so much? The reason I say that is because White people seem to rule the world and have for many centuries. Your people must have really screwed the pooch somewhere down the line.

Now, I don't believe blacks are being punished but absurd seems to be the tone of the thread starter so I figured I would throw my 2 cents worth of absurdity at it…

One more thing... Do you think for one minute that just because Jesus may be black the millions of Christians are just going to throw up their hands and join the other team? You just don't think far enough ahead to see a giant intellectual whoop a$$ coming.

Anyway, once he does come back I am sure that the color of Jesus will be the last thing on anyone’s mind. Personally, my first thought will be “oh crap” I hope I did it right or I’m a dead man

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Perplexed]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm the furthest thing from a biblical scholar on this board, but I seem to recall Jesus being a Jew.

If I'm not mistaken there are 2 historical references to Jesus, a Roman and a Jewish historian.

Perhaps this can be settled by examining those accounts ?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

FIRST OF ALL, JAMIE FOX AND ALL AFRO AMERICANS WERE MIXED DOAN SPRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY,BECAUSE IN THOSE TIMES EVERYTHING WAS MOST PURE AT ITS POINT, UNTIL THE EUROPEANS STARTED ABOUT TO CONQUER THE GLOBE IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE WORLD THEN PEOPLE BECAME MIXED,JESUS WAS DARKER THEN YOU PEOPLE THINK, EVEN THE PALISTINIANS AND IRANIANS AND ARABIANS IN THOSE TIMES WERE OF A DARK UNMIXED AFRICAN LIKE ORIGIN,NOTHING WAS MIXED IN A GREAT MASS LIKE NOW, BECAUSE I TOO AM OF AFRICAN DECENT BUT HAVE BEEN MIXED ALSO, SO I LOOK LIGHTER THEN MY ORIGINS OF IN THE MOTHER LAND, EVEN THE ORIGINAL AFRICANS ARE NOW BEING MIXED AND BECOMING LIGHTER, AND LUGHTER KNUCKLE HEAD,
:

lol:

Oh man..

JESUS WAS DARKER THEN YOU PEOPLE THINK, EVEN THE PALISTINIANS AND IRANIANS AND ARABIANS IN THOSE TIMES WERE OF A DARK UNMIXED AFRICAN LIKE ORIGIN,NOTHING WAS MIXED IN A GREAT MASS LIKE NOW

QUICK!!! .. Get your money back from what ever (or lack there of) education you received!!!

Those evil whites forced blacks to mate with whites to form a .... arab race? .. wow .. you honestly have some issues, aside from racist bigotry and lack of understanding, I suggest reading a book for one.. might help, or trying to accept truth instead.. what ever it is you call what you believe.. "Arab" is a very old race, they have long lived in the mediteranian and desert lands, including Egypt since history was known. For the most part, Semites lived in the areas of Eqypt and Israel/Palestine, while Persian/semetics lived in the northern areas and out into Iran.. It is believed the white race derived from a race very similare to Persians!

Your line of thought literally makes me sick.. You want nothing more then the rise of black superiority in anyway possible, you did not come here for a discussion, like all the many other names you came here by.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
LOOK IT HERE, BLACK COMES IN MANY DIFFERENT RACES,BUT IF YOU ARE BLACK, THEN YOU ARE BLACK, NOT BLACK LIKE AFRO AEMRICAN ONLY BECAUSE WE TOO ARE FROM AFRICA JUST BEEN TOOKEN FROM ARE ROOTS,
THEY DO HAVE BLACK JEW OEVEN TO DAY THAT STILL LIVE IN JERUSELEM,JUST AS WELL AS THEY HAVE BLACK FILIPINOS, BLACK SAMOANS, BLACK WHATEVER, THE ABORIGNES ARE A DECENT ALSO FROM AFRICA, BUT WAS MIXED IN TO, THATS WHERE THEY HAVE THEY'RE EUROPEAN GENETIC LIKE HAIR TRAITS

AND FOR ALL OF YOU ALL ANSWER WE ALL AGREE THAT THE ORIGIN OF MANKIND CAME FROM AFRICA PERIOD, EVEN BEFOR THE CONTINENTS WERE SEPERATED,THEN THAT SHOULD TELL YOU THAT THE ORIGIN OF MAN AND THE SON OF MAN WAS OF AN AFRICAN DECENT PEIOD,ALL BLACKS ARE FROM A DECENTION OF AFRICA PERIOD,EVEN A LARGE AMOUNTS OF EUROPEAN ALSO HAVE LINKAGES TO THEY'RE AFRICAN ANCESTORY,SUCH AS THE IRISH, THATS WHY A LARGE PERCENT OF IRISH HAVE LARGE RED KINKY CURLY LIKE AFROS,
ANDRE THE GIANT,HE WAS FRENCH BUT, HE HAS AFRICAN TRIATS IN HIS FACIAL FEATURES AND HIS HAIR, THE LIST GOES ON AND ON

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Bigpluck, I suspect that the reason why you are pressing this issue is because you lack any spiritual knowledge. Why don't you go and learn about what Jesus actually taught and then this won't be such an issue for ya. You are obviously the only one that has any great concern over this issue...

Exactly. He should also maybe watch the History or Science channel once in a while. Find one of those programs that show how everyone pretty much looked the same, until we started to spread out over the globe, and that physical traits (skin color, eye color, height, thickness, etc.) are only carried through genetics because of their environments over MANY generations. I believe that's called evolution.

If you stick a black village in Norway, and they only pro-create w/ themselves, in 10k+ years, they will have adapted to their environment, and look very 'white'.

The OP just seems like an ignorant 13 yr old pushing his daddy's racist agenda.
Learn some freakin' history, ha.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
bigpluck, by your argument, we are all related, right ?

if that's the case, why so much hatered, and why does jesus' race matter anyway ?

Isn't he 1/2 god anyway, amd only 1/2 jewish ?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

:

lol:

Oh man..

JESUS WAS DARKER THEN YOU PEOPLE THINK, EVEN THE PALISTINIANS AND IRANIANS AND ARABIANS IN THOSE TIMES WERE OF A DARK UNMIXED AFRICAN LIKE ORIGIN,NOTHING WAS MIXED IN A GREAT MASS LIKE NOW

QUICK!!! .. Get your money back from what ever (or lack there of) education you received!!!

Those evil whites forced blacks to mate with whites to form a .... arab race? .. wow .. you honestly have some issues, aside from racist bigotry and lack of understanding, I suggest reading a book for one.. might help, or trying to accept truth instead.. what ever it is you call what you believe.. "Arab" is a very old race, they have long lived in the mediteranian and desert lands, including Egypt since history was known. For the most part, Semites lived in the areas of Eqypt and Israel/Palestine, while Persian/semetics lived in the northern areas and out into Iran.. It is believed the white race derived from a race very similare to Persians!

Your line of thought literally makes me sick.. You want nothing more then the rise of black superiority in anyway possible, you did not come here for a discussion, like all the many other names you came here by.

IF YOU KNEM ANYTHING THAT IS OF THE TRUTH, THEN YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THE ORIGINAL PEOPLE OF THE MIDDLE EAST LOOK SOMWHAT LIKE BIN-LADEN, HE HAS AFRICAN FEATURES DEEPLY,AND HES A TRUE MIDDLE EASTERN, HIS GENES SHOW IN HIS APPEARANCE THAT HIS BACKGROUND HAS AFRICAN ANCESTRY,HOW MANY MORE PEOPLE IN THE MIDDLE EAST LOOK LIKE HIM OR DARKER ALSO,INDIA IS PRETTY MUCH ON THE SAME LATTITUDE AS THE MIDDLE EAST, BUT MOST INDIANS LOOK DARK AS OR LIKE AFRICANS,THY'RE HAS BEEN MANY WARS IN THE MIDDLE EAST, AND FOR THAT REASON IS WHERE THE EUROPEAN TRAITS ARE DEEPLY INVOLVED IN THERE FEATURES

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I remember reading something about the Vatican having a letter from Pontius Pilate To Tiberius Caeser that contained a description of Jesus. The letter described him(Jesus) as being lighter skinned than his followers.

Found it -- www.thenazareneway.com...

Seems that there is a copy of this in the Congressional Library. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Please correct me if this letter is fake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join