It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden and Al Qaeda rebuilding in Waziristan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well, here we go again. Terrorist camps and more determined than ever before. Looks like we radicalized the region with more will than ever before against America. Let's continue with the radicalization of the entire Islamic faith. Because that's what we are doing swab by swab.

www.nytimes.com...

The United States has also identified several new Qaeda compounds in North Waziristan, including one that officials said might be training operatives for strikes against targets beyond Afghanistan. American analysts said recent intelligence showed that the compounds functioned under a loose command structure and were operated by groups of Arab, Pakistani and Afghan militants allied with Al Qaeda. They receive guidance from their commanders and Mr. Zawahri, the analysts said. Mr. bin Laden, who has long played less of an operational role, appears to have little direct involvement. Officials said the training camps had yet to reach the size and level of sophistication of the Qaeda camps established in Afghanistan under Taliban rule. But groups of 10 to 20 men are being trained at the camps, the officials said, and the Qaeda infrastructure in the region is gradually becoming more mature. The new warnings are different from those made in recent months by intelligence officials and terrorism experts, who have spoken about the growing abilities of Taliban forces and Pakistani militants to launch attacks into Afghanistan. American officials say that the new intelligence is focused on Al Qaeda and points to the prospect that the terrorist network is gaining in strength despite more than five years of a sustained American-led campaign to weaken it. The intelligence and counterterrorism officials would discuss the classified intelligence only on the condition of anonymity. They would not provide some of the evidence that led them to their assessments, saying that revealing the information would disclose too much about the sources and methods of intelligence collection.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Time to send in the AC-130's or missile equipped drones to blast a few more herdsmen then

I saw the BBC report earlier on this. The General in charge of the border security getting flak about alleged border crossings by Al Qaida and Taliban fighters. Bit of a bloody cheek really seeing as the US, with all it's military might and high tech toys cannot even secure it's own borders

Reports of the ISI channeling money and arms to the fighters is curious seeing as they have always worked hand in glove with the CIA and MI6 in arming groups in the region.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I say bomb the hell out of it. Many people in that region are sympathizers, in fact many had join the Taliban to help fight against the coalition for many years. Thats a fact.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
F'it, lets just bomb the bajeezaz outta them. who are they? pssht.....

AMERICA

FARK YEAH!!!!!!

COME TO SAVE THE MOTHER FARKEN DAY YEAH!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

AMERICA

FARK YEAH!!!!!!

I see you are pissed about something. Don't like seeing Al Qaeda members and its allies get bombed?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Waziristan has been a safe haven for some time. I'm hoping some planners are smart and have deliberately done this to let the Taliban/Al Qeida feel safe there and not in Afghanistan. They'll aggregate there while the coalition is "Not allowed in" by Musharaff. Then one day Musharaff changes his mind and says - "OK boys" and we finish off this threat in one big and ugly offensive. Just like the German 8th Army in the "Kessel" or pocket post Stalingrad. A system that pokes out womens eyes for reading books and wants to infect by force both the islamic and "infidel" world with its cruel version of Sharia law must be crushed. Freedom Fighters my ass.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

AMERICA

FARK YEAH!!!!!!

I see you are pissed about something. Don't like seeing Al Qaeda members and its allies get bombed?

No, he, like many on ATS, are terrorist sympathizers.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No, he, like many on ATS, are terrorist sympathizers.

Yeah right. XPhilesPhan, I don't understand why you are still supporting this whole BS War On Terror, seriously.

Saying that muslims extremists wants and would be able to put a caliphate over the world it's like saying the neo-nazis now would be able to turn the world into a 4th reich. That's absurd.

And if you looked into it a little, 9/11 was an inside job. And the Iraq war was based on lies, Ben Laden was a CIA asset, the video where he admitted he made 9/11 was a fake, there's no plane who hitted the pentagon, ect...

Go arrest the talibans supportors in Pakistan, but ask Pakistan BEFORE, it's a US puppet, so they will accept. If they don't impose economic blocus on them. Ect... but you don't enter someone's else airspace without approval, even if you're the US.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
[edit on 19-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Of course, what else should I expect...

what stupid bloody logic

'' if you dont agree with us bombing people we deem as 'possible' terrorists.. the you MUST BE a terrorist sympathizer ''
gunna start bombing me too?
The more you bomb, the more people will hate you, and want to kill you

its really quite simple.

thats the sorta thinking thats going to reduce ANTI americanism amongst muslims....

thats the sorta thinkin thats going to get your troops home SAFE and SOUND..

thats the sorta thikning that is goin to STOP their desire in attacking your cities.

No wonder they hate you, just look at the absolute crap you believe you have the RIGHT to do?

what pisses me off, is you go around making excuses for them to hate you, then continue bombing human beings because they retaliate.
its like you psychopaths actually get off, over the thought of blood, guts, body pieces and bombs.

cant you see this sick, twisted mentality growing amongst you? its a cancer... WORSE THAN NAZISM!

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I say bomb the hell out of it. Many people in that region are sympathizers, in fact many had join the Taliban to help fight against the coalition for many years. Thats a fact.

Well duhhhh

Let me break this down easy for you, without sock puppets. That was their home, and foreigners invaded. What the hell else did you think they would do?

brill

[edit on 19-2-2007 by brill]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Alright, they're rebuilding Al Qaeda and the U.S. knows where they are being trained. Why are we hearing this? If you know where the enemy is does it not make sense to attack and eliminate them before they can inflict any damage on you? We should be reading about how Al-Qaeda bases have been attacked and destroyed by NATO forces. If I didn't know any better it seems the U.S. wants Al-Qaeda to remain a viable force in the region.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

AMERICA

FARK YEAH!!!!!!

Who??? You mean the Bush administration? As you see there's no other group who's proven to have supported Al Qaida... aside from Taleban (also supported by Rumsfeld) and the Iraqi insurgents perhaps.

[edit on 20/2/07 by Echtelion]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Some day in the future, people will come to understand that violence only leads to more violence. The solution to a problem isn't getting rid of the problem, but rather understand what caused the problem and solving it.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well you don't have to invade the whole land that the training camps are in. The only people that would hate you for destroying the training camp are the terrorists inside it, and they would be dead anyway!
Oh and Mr. Bin Laden, but I doubt the USA has much of his friendship to lose anyway...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:00 AM
link   
BEWARE!

The Mighty Terror Network Al-CIA-duh is rebuiliding for another attack!

In some country that ends with -STAN there are terrible terrorists planning world domination and the only one who can stop them is...

...Yes people you guess it!

Call

[size=+4]CAPTAIN AMERICA!

Well and Spiderman.

Just get rid of that old dude.

Anyway my Dear Sisters and Brothers, I know it is sometimes hard to swallow, but once people belived that the Earth was FLAT and when a famous astrologyist told them that the Earth was around they went Wacko and started yelling: "Now what about the people on the other side? If the Earth is flat they will FALL DOWN!!!". They were not aware of the Force of Gravity ofcourse.

Now why am I telling you this?

First see the following documentary:

BBC - The Power of Nightmares!

And then belive either the Earth is still FLAT or a Round Ball with Gravity.

Same goes for Al-Qaeda.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Time to send in the AC-130's or missile equipped drones to blast a few more herdsmen then

I saw the BBC report earlier on this. The General in charge of the border security getting flak about alleged border crossings by Al Qaida and Taliban fighters. Bit of a bloody cheek really seeing as the US, with all it's military might and high tech toys cannot even secure it's own borders

Reports of the ISI channeling money and arms to the fighters is curious seeing as they have always worked hand in glove with the CIA and MI6 in arming groups in the region.

The border into Waziristan (Land of Waziri) is actually Pakistan, Waziri is just the prominent tribe.

That is important to note, because American troops under no circumstances may cross into Pakistan unless specific orders are given by Pakistan. Pakistan has long been a hide out for terrorist, and they are no friend to the West, but they have nuclear capabilities and that in the wrong hands could be very bad.. so we keep the status quo for him, even if it means allowing Bin laden to re-build right in our face.

And don't relate that to "controlling" our own border, if we placed troops in the south to shoot any one who looks like they might think about crossing I can assure you it would be stopped, and that is exactly what they do in Afghanistan / Pakistan ... however I very seriously doubt you have any knowledge of the terrain other wise such ignorant comments would not have been said.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill

Well duhhhh

Let me break this down easy for you, without sock puppets. That was their home, and foreigners invaded. What the hell else did you think they would do?

brill

I guess Pakistanis count as well?
Pakistan owns Afghanistan?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I do know the terrain Rockpuck, extremely mountainous and impossible to police effectively, which makes criticism of lack of policing all the more infantile and ridiculous.

because American troops under no circumstances may cross into Pakistan unless specific orders are given by Pakistan.

I seem to remember a couple of attacks by US aircraft on targets on the Pakistan side that were claimed to be Al Qaida / Taliban bases of operation. On both counts it appeared that permission had not been granted or even asked for prior to the attacks. But hey, they're just stinkin' rag-heads anyway. Permission? we don't need no stinkin' permission

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Not all the time Britguy. Sometimes when American Predator drones kills some Taliban or Al Qaeda leaders, Pakistan usually claims credit for it. Just to show that Pakistan is the one doing it, and not having Americans going around and killing Al Qaeda and Taliban fighters with ease, which could mean Pakistan is allowing it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join