It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help!!! ---What the ???---

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Just a few moments ago I refreshed the page I was on and my black background color changed to a background of this image tiled???

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I have not installed any background image.

so, what the xxxx??

screen capture:

Mechanic 32

[edit on 2/19/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yeah, that's pretty ugly, all right... Besides I can't read the lettering. Hope this gets resolved and nothing happens to mine!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
What I don't get is how this happened. I did not purchase a background image.

I recently changed my avatar, but nothing else in my profile.

I even tried clearing my cache, I thought it was something strange on my end.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If you go in like you're going to change your background image, what's there? Is it still set for none? Or is there a code in there?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I can't do that, I don't have points to even select that option.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Mech you get a 1 for that, not your usual good work...

OH, Sorry, wrong thread...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MAN, what is that all about???

Semper

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I wish there was something I could do to help ya. Alas, there is nothing I can suggest..
Egads, that looks really, really bad.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
hmm, if you start at long enough.
You can see a sailboat..
or is that a schooner?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I tried everything on my end taking down my avatar, tried changind my text color so the text would appear.

I finally submitted a complaint..

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Well, I guess if you could read the lettering, the background wouldn't be so bad actually. It's certainly unique. However, the fact that you cannot read the lettering outweighs any of the positive attributes of the background.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, I guess if you could read the lettering, the background wouldn't be so bad actually. It's certainly unique. However, the fact that you cannot read the lettering outweighs any of the positive attributes of the background.

Ha Ha Ha!

I didn't put it there, I just appeared suddenly, when I refreshed while browsing.

I guess I'll just have to wait for someone to fix it for me.

I don't want to even post, because I'll get in trouble for the way my profile text looks, even though I had nothing to do with the way it looks.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Really, Mechanic, the background is not that bad.. It's interesting really. However, because you can't read the text, it kind of puts a damper on it. I know you didn't intend for it to come out that way, but I think it has an intriguing look to it. All jokes aside. Have you tried changing your lettering to maybe black?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth Have you tried changing your lettering to maybe black?

Yeah, I've tried that.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well, I don't know. I guess wait for a moderator to come along and help you... I wish there was something else that I could suggest, but I really don't know of anything else that you could do.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, I don't know. I guess wait for a moderator to come along and help you... I wish there was something else that I could suggest, but I really don't know of anything else that you could do.

I submitted a complaint.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Ah-Ha!

We were logging lots of errors on an image from the uploads directory... 'aaa.jpg'

So I made an ugly 'aaa.jpg' to see where it would end up... and lookie here!

[edit on 19-2-2007 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Ah-Ha!

We were logging lots of errors on an image from the uploads directory... 'aaa.jpg'

So I mad an ugly 'aaa.jpg' to see where it would end up... and lookie here!

What does that mean.

I haven't had a background image for ages.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This isn't even funny anymore.

What the *** is going on?

I sent you a u2u, S. O.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

That line there gets me thinking...

Lately I have been noticing members using the avatars off of my avatar thread, without asking to use them.

I have deleted many avatars that I had in that thread form both my Photobucket account as well as some that I had in my upload space. As well as having Umbrax close that thread as I will no longer be maintaining it, seeing how there have been numerous members going there to just take without asking.

I will have to check the urls for all the missing images in that thread to see if I have any image named aaa.jpg. I am thinking there might just be a missing image named aaa.jpg from my upload space that is no longer there. But possibly during page loading the server is still searching for it???

This will take a while to search the urls, as there are many missing images.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I'm going to report you as I can't see your writing...

Sorry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join