It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police dig up over 400 baby bones in India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Police dig up over 400 baby bones in India

Source Link: newsinfo.inquirer.net

BHOPAL, India -- Police were investigating Monday a hospital's involvement in illegal female feticide after 437 baby bones were dug up close to the complex, a state government said Monday.

Police began unearthing the bones on Saturday from Christian Medical Hospital, in central Madhya Pradesh state, after a tip-off that medical staff were carrying out illegal abortions.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Its thanks to MONSTERS like these that India has one of the worst Sex Ratios in the world. 993 females for every 1000 males!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is just horrific. It is hard to believe a parent would do this to thier child jsut because they are the "wrong sex". I understand that thier culture plays a large role in this but you would think that the bond of parent to child would override this sort of thing. As a parent I jsut dont get it. Very sad..

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You notice the line here:
Christian Medical Hospital

This I find very interesting. I do wonder if those who call Islam Barbaric will also call Christianity due to a few nutcases.

However back to the main-topic. The problem is in India that as a culture you are expected to pay for the wedding of your daughter to the husband - this costs a lot of money. Many familes can not afford it and it is a shame that they result in the deaths of innocent children. IT happens in China as well and all over the World.

It is a real shame and I hope the people who did this get brought to justice. But part of the problem is also Indian abortion laws, which result in this as well.

Odium

new topics

top topics

join