It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police dig up over 400 baby bones in India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Police dig up over 400 baby bones in India

Source Link: newsinfo.inquirer.net

BHOPAL, India -- Police were investigating Monday a hospital's involvement in illegal female feticide after 437 baby bones were dug up close to the complex, a state government said Monday.

Police began unearthing the bones on Saturday from Christian Medical Hospital, in central Madhya Pradesh state, after a tip-off that medical staff were carrying out illegal abortions.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Its thanks to MONSTERS like these that India has one of the worst Sex Ratios in the world. 993 females for every 1000 males!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This is just horrific. It is hard to believe a parent would do this to thier child jsut because they are the "wrong sex". I understand that thier culture plays a large role in this but you would think that the bond of parent to child would override this sort of thing. As a parent I jsut dont get it. Very sad..

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You notice the line here:
Christian Medical Hospital

This I find very interesting. I do wonder if those who call Islam Barbaric will also call Christianity due to a few nutcases.

However back to the main-topic. The problem is in India that as a culture you are expected to pay for the wedding of your daughter to the husband - this costs a lot of money. Many familes can not afford it and it is a shame that they result in the deaths of innocent children. IT happens in China as well and all over the World.

It is a real shame and I hope the people who did this get brought to justice. But part of the problem is also Indian abortion laws, which result in this as well.

Odium

top topics

join