It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Bullet magnet' fears for Prince Harry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Prior to Prince Harry's Iraq assignment, the British police protection officer is already at work for his security in Iraq?

For fear of his safety?

Does anyone think that going to war is safe?

News Source: www.cnn.com

LONDON, England (CNN) -- The British police protection officer responsible for Prince Harry has flown to Iraq to begin making security arrangements for the royal soldier's deployment to Iraq amid fears for his safety, according to British press reports.

Harry, third in line to the throne behind father Prince Charles and older brother Prince William, graduated from the prestigious Sandhurst military academy last year and is expected to accompany his troops to Iraq in April or May, an unidentified military source told CNN

One royal source told the newspaper it was a "distinct possibility" that Metropolitan Police representatives would continue to oversee Harry's security amid military concerns he could become a target for insurgents.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
War isn't safe, but someone in his position will attract a far greater amount of attention, than a rank and file member of the armed forces. The PR value of a kill/kidnapping, etc... for insurgents, of a member of the Royal family would be huge.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GT100FV
War isn't safe, but someone in his position will attract a far greater amount of attention, than a rank and file member of the armed forces. The PR value of a kill/kidnapping, etc... for insurgents, of a member of the Royal family would be huge.

Sure I agree. In fact, I started another thread about this earlier:Britain's Prince Harry Will Serve In Iraq By The End Of The Month

It's just the line that says; "fear of his safety"

As I have described in an earlier thread, "he can be a valuable target"

[edit on 19-2-2007 by searching_for_truth]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
He's perfectly safe.

They will manipulate and do everything in there power to give him special treatment. He will get the best bullet proof vest, The most cleanest and reconditioned full functional SA-80A2 rifle, he will have the best hand selected ammunition and always have plenty of it and so with his troops.

On top of this they will send him to the most safest area possible and then send additional armor like tanks/warrior vehicles to always be around his base and he will always have 24 hour on-call dedicated gunship/harrier air support if they are attacked.

There is absolutly no way he will ever be put into harms way. They will never let him get hurt. I'm pretty sure all the troops who are going to be living in the same area as him are pretty happy they will also recive special protection as well.

top topics

join