It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

google earth : ATS survival maps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
hi , inspired by this thread

i have had an idea of an ATS members tagged , google earth - survival locations reseource

now for obvious reasons - posting your location , cache sites and intended safe lay up zone on the open internet would be pretty daft

but how about starting with " danger zones " wether natural or man made

and take it from there

obviously - ATS members are spread out all over the world - and your personal survival plan maps - should be on 1:50ooo or better - but we all travel from time to time

and any useful info should we get " caught short abroad " might save another members life

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Are suggesting a creation of a "Regional infornation bank" where everyone could add relevant information for survival in their area?
If so, i support You

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I made mention of using Google Earth in our family survival planning by having hard copies of the area around our home. It alows us to identify egress routes, aides in security planning and provides familiar landmarks for patrol planning. The problem is, during any survival situation Google Earth, along with the rest of the Internet will be down. Also, what kinds of danger areas were you hoping to ID?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It seems a little unsafe, couldnt people we not want, or say the government then access this?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pita
It seems a little unsafe, couldnt people we not want, or say the government then access this?

Baleave me if the government want what your plans they will get it. If there out in the open they are less likely to notice they are mainly looking for hidden things IMO.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
And i assume no-one is so blue-eyed that they will post their personal evac plans anc caches here, just some generic info that might be useful to some stranded into your region...

new topics

top topics

join