It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sightings date back thousands of years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I'm noticing more and more posts and replies concerning how long UFOs have been around. I've seen some posts about the Nazi saucer, and even watched a few linked YouTube videos about how these are what we are seeing.

I will add some dates over the next few days of historical sightings etc. There have been numerous sightings ALL through recorded history folks, all over the world. The UFO was NOT invented by the Nazis, thank you for playing, game over.

But, lets get to the real nitty gritty of my post, the meat and potatoes if you will....

I find it strange that there seems to be an increase of "Nazi" UFO, military, etc. talk concerning the origins of UFOs. There are many posters here now coming up with a lot of "Black Op" talk, and making statements that what we are seeing in our skies is no more than our military flying around in technology that the Germans invented 50 years ago, and that we have captured and kept secret all this time. I think this could be the government spin machine working full swing as this would make for an easy excuse should they for some reason be forced to admit about this technology. Then, they can also say "We had no idea that it had anything to do with aliens, as we stole it from the Germans" if by chance aliens pop up anytime soon and mention to the public that we've had their technology forever and a day.

Deniability, the name of the game so it seems. If you are one of the posters here saying that what we are seeing is the Nazi Bell craft, that's fine. They didn't invent it, not even close. There are stories of saucer sightings dating far back, many through the 16th, 17th, 18th, and 19th centuries. There are cave drawings of craft 5000 B.C., and we could go on and on, such as the lines in the desert that can only be seen from... the sky.

Bottom line is these things have been around for as long as man has known how to scribble.

Feel free to post any dates or records you feel will help these posters realize that UFOs have been here far longer than the Nazis. I'll try and throw some stuff up tomorrow as well. I'm not going to just sit around and watch them try to pull off the ol' switcheroo on the History of UFOs.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
saw theses pics in another post just the other day, they are from Egypt

www.alien-ufo-pictures.com...

dunno the age of these carving or if they are recarved or not. but they Do look oddly similar

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Whats creepy is that the spear shaped object in the second link given by thedigerati www.alien-ufo-pictures.com... ,
is similar to the spear shaped object in the UFO battle of Nuremburg, Germany in 1561 located here www.ufoevidence.org... .

I wonder who flies that thing???

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
There are many refrences to ufo like things in the bible heres a link to a site on this subject.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Heres some UFOs in Rennaisance artwork;some of them are open to subjective interpretation but paintings 8,9 and 18 clearly depict disc shaped aircraft .
Cheers Karl
xfacts.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Is there not some cave paintings somewhere that are supposed to show UFO's aswell. Also seem to remember them being recorded by the Egyptians and early Chinese.

Can't remember where or when i saw/ read this but I do remember seeing something years ago.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thanks guys for posting some links.

I was reading a world history fun facts book that has a UFO section believe it or not. It has quite a few stories of sightings that date way back. I'm going to try to add a few tonight.

I was just getting really tired of this whole "Nazi" made the UFO story. I actually watched one on YouTube that was pretty much stating matter of factly that there are no aliens, just us up in these ships. lol!

Next, I'll start on the catle mutilation story ;-) People are saying it's our own government. Common sense would tell you that if they wanted to experiment on a cow they would take the whole cow, and nothing but the whole cow, and leave zero trace.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yeah,the cattle mutilation thing is really strange.It just don't make sense that it would be the gov.
Also are there any cases where there were others animals besides cattle mutilated?Just curious

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by knows_but_doesnt
Next, I'll start on the catle mutilation story ;-) People are saying it's our own government. Common sense would tell you that if they wanted to experiment on a cow they would take the whole cow, and nothing but the whole cow, and leave zero trace.

But wouldn't the same common sense dictate the same for ET's?

After all, it's a long way to Alpha Centauri, or wherever; why come all that way just for a bovine bladder! Take the whole beast, give yourself more to work with with one trip.

And if you wanted to remain unknown to the terrestrials, you'd want to spend as little time as possible in an open field. That means "field surgery", to precicisely remove only specific organs, would not be wise.

Take the whole cow, operate in orbit, and dump the carcass to burn up in the atmosphere!

On the other hand, the bureaucratic paperwork involved with covertly acquiring a subject cow, sacrificing it, and then failing to return such a valuable investment to its rightful owner (likely a wealthy constituent of one of your politcal "bosses") would pose a serious threat to operational security.

From a "Secret Government Agency" standpoint, it would make far better sense to make the destruction look like "A possibly natural, if unusual, occurance", if for no other reason than the owner's insurance claim.

The ghouls get their organs, the owner gets a check from his insurance company, and there is a minimum of paperwork generated which some whistle-blower might later, embarrassingly stumble upon.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
after so long time. why havent they take contact,
are thay in a order, thats is ilegal to concact a low tech Race?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

But wouldn't the same common sense dictate the same for ET's?

No, there is no common sense for an issue we are completely unclear on. We can at least put ourselves in the government's position and come up with educated guesses, but to put ourselves in the shoes of an alien, or multiple alien races, well, we can't.

There could be 100's of reasons why they leave the animal, but I would guess it had something to do with not wanting a whole stinky cow on the ship. As far as leaving evidence, they obviously don't care. If they did care, they wouldn't be hovering over the O'hare airport.

I'll shut up about mutilations on this thread so we can keep it topic specific, mainly about the UFO sightings through history. I'll look around for any mutilation stories that date back a few hundred years as well.

top topics

join