It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO Video

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
If this is a star it will be there again tonight and should've been there last night. If it's too cloudy outside wait for a clear night and see if there is anything in this objects exact "glide path" and or trajectory.

If not, then I'd say "Watcher" has something and would ask him to make me a copy of the VHS tape so I can get it transferred to DVD and put up on the site's "Permanent Main Content" page for posterity (and a couple hundred thousand ATS points for you
).

Springer...

[edit on 2-20-2007 by Springer]

I have an even easier method - determine where it is in the sky relative to the constellations. If it's where a bright star should be, then case closed. Follow the handle of the Big Dipper - that points to the bright star Artcurus. Where is the object with respect to Arcturus?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Could be Sirius. Very bright in the SE skies in the early evening. Then less bright/shimmering as the night goes on.

www.space.com...

www.shatters.net...

[edit on 20-2-2007 by bonaire]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
What did you use as a reference point to determine the object's motion?
Even on a tripod, some camera motion can be expected. When the object takes up such a small part of the video field, such motion is quite magnified.
[edit on 2/20/2007 by eaglewingz]

Yes the erratic movement is the tripod being moved, we wanted the object to be closer to the middle of the screen. We used the distance trees as the starting point of the object, east of where we were, it was right above them, and over the course of approx an hour it had moved up about 30-40 degrees and south. We were focused on the light.

We have about an hour and a half of tape, as you fast forward the tape you can see the path the object takes. I am still disappointed that we can not get the colors to show up. That is the most amazing part of the light.

It rained last night and today so we can not see anything. It may clear tomorrow night, if so I will check the sky again to make sure it is not a star.

Also we are on Pacific time so we observed it a little after ten o' clock our time.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz

Originally posted by SkyWay
It can't be a star because it shifts its position very sharply several times, and stars don't do that..

A quick question.

What did you use as a reference point to determine the object's motion?

Even on a tripod, some camera motion can be expected. When the object takes up such a small part of the video field, such motion is quite magnified.

The reference point that I used was its initial position in the frame. It is clear that it moves when you view it in context of the frame. Yes, there may a some slight motion even when a tripod is used but it would have to be very slight, not as pronounced as the movement of Watcher's object.

The thought occurred to me that the tripod could have been moved by Watcher and would account for the apparent motion, but I thought that Watcher would have told us that he moved the tripod when he posted the video, just to avoid having us misjudge what we were seeing as...movement of the object...instead of....movement of the tripod.

I also thought that perhaps Watcher accidentally bumped the tripod and didn't know it. But I figured that was very unlikely since from the tone of his posts I got the distinct impression that he was being very careful and watchful, as his screenname indicates, and not very likely to make such a blunder.

The thought even occurred to me that perhaps Watcher deliberately moved the tripod, but did not tell us, in order to deliberately mislead us into thinking the object moved, but I quickly dismissed the thought because his tone sounds to direct and honest, I could've been wrong but I give people the benefit of a doubt in such instances.

Anyway, it is now settled. Watcher has indicated that the reason for the apparent motion of the object is due to his moving the tripod to center the object in the frame.

So, now I am not so sure it isn't a star or planet. Still, I get the impression that the object is too close to be a star, since the stars are apparently too distant to register enough starlight on the video to be visible in the video, otherwise we should see the sky full of them. On the other hand, it may just happen to be the brightest star in that sector, so the fact that no other stars are visible around it does not preclude the object being a star, since the reason that other stars are not visible in the video may be due simply to their lesser brightness.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

The thought even occurred to me that perhaps Watcher deliberately moved the tripod, but did not tell us, in order to deliberately mislead us into thinking the object moved, but I quickly dismissed the thought because his tone sounds to direct and honest, I could've been wrong but I give people the benefit of a doubt in such instances.

Sorry, I was not trying to mislead anyone. I should have noted that we moved the tripod in that portion of the tape. That is only four minutes of a very long tape. I now understand why people only show segments of long video. When you do not know what you are doing it is a big pain in the rump.

My husband has been helping me with this so he was the one to break it down in partial segments. I picked the four minute segment only because of the time range. There is another fifteen minute segment I could try to upload if anyone is interested.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So I went ahead and uploaded the fifteen minute version also if anyone wants to watch. If you fast forward through it you can see the path the object is taking.

Just to be straight, if there are ANY erratic movements from the object that was us adjusting the tripod to keep it in the frame. It at no time made any erratic movements except the pulsing light changing color, which does not show up well on the upload.

Thanks again for not being too hard on me

media.putfile.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777
So I went ahead and uploaded the fifteen minute version also if anyone wants to watch. If you fast forward through it you can see the path the object is taking.

Just to be straight, if there are ANY erratic movements from the object that was us adjusting the tripod to keep it in the frame. It at no time made any erratic movements except the pulsing light changing color, which does not show up well on the upload.

Thanks again for not being too hard on me

media.putfile.com...

I'm unable to view it in Firefox - some kind of wmv error. I don't often have this problem, but have never seen "Putfile" before.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Good video.

BTW, "disownedsky" I had no problem using Internet Explorer, but when I tried to use firefox, the video was "squashed" vertically. Anyway, back to the vid...

...Well, it does move, but very slowly and along the same path throughout the entire 15 minutes, which makes me think "star". The apparent motion may be hard to judge because maybe the camera was "zoomed in" a little?. If anyone ever tried to look at a star through a fixed telescope (one without a "drive motor") then you know what i'm talking about...the star moves out of your small field of view surprisingly quickly.

The apparent motion of the stars is faster than you would expect, even when viewed with the naked eye. Try sitting perfectly still some evening and without moving your head, watch a star's apparent motion against the edge of a fixed object, such as a building or a telephone pole. You will notice the star has moved a measurable distance in only a couple of minutes.

I have noticed that both Arcturus and Sirius on occasion (depending on atmosperic conditions) have appered to "pulse" or change color, especially when closer to the horizon. They of course are not really doing this, but may appear that way when viewed through the atmosphere. In my particular case, the apparent location of Sirius is in the direction of a small city (about 7 miles from me) which causes thermal convection currents in the air, which in turn cause the "pulsing".

I'm not saying that is definitely what is happening in your case. To be sure if it is or is not a star, look in the same direction on the next clear night (at the same time of night) and see if the object is still there (as has been suggested by others.)

BTW, In your first video (the one which was 4:41 long) the object seemed to "jump" at 3:17. That was either the moving of the tripod you mentioned, or the camera was turned off, then on again sometime later. I say that because at the time of the 3:17 "jump", the ambient color of the sky suddenly gets slightly darker.

(edited for typos and clarification.)

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Many thanks for the video. By the glide path of the light, it is very evident (atleast to me), that it is a star and the blinking is occuring because of the massive amount of poor seeing, usually brought on by the atmospherical condition. When the atmosphere is bad, brighter stars like Sirius, Arcturus, Vega, Capella, etc, all are going to give you most colors in the rainbow.

I don't know what the skies are in Courdelane, but I imagine they are much better than city skies.

If you were to rate the skies in magnitude from 1-7, 1 being you can see 20 stars, 7 being you can see the milky way. What are your skies like?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What you could do is video tape a group of known stars and see if they produce the same effect. Then we will have something to compare it with.

Troy

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

On the other hand, it may just happen to be the brightest star in that sector, so the fact that no other stars are visible around it does not preclude the object being a star, since the reason that other stars are not visible in the video may be due simply to their lesser brightness.

Exactly. As I noted in this post, Arcturus, the second-brightest star visible in the northern latitudes , was following that trajectory during the time frame of the
video.

originally posted by disowned skyWhere is the object with respect to Arcturus?

See above. Near enough to be Arcturus, in my book

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
"The light is still there and it has a pulsing sensation to it. It is still changing colors, red, green, white, yellow"

my only problem with this is the colours you said at the start were green, red, white and yellow. These are all colours you would be likely to see on an aircraft. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but aren't green and red used to designate left and right? I know that is the case with boating. Plus white and yellow are fairly standard search light colours. Not trying to be a debunker it just struck me as a co-incidence that these would be the colours seen.

[edit on 20/2/07 by mustbebc]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yes, red and green are used on aircraft. But Watcher said it was changing colors, in sequence. An aircraft would have both colors in view at the same time. Plus, aircraft tend to move across the sky, not remain visible for literally hours.

I've seen Arcturus rising, and it is quite an amazing sight. I thought I was seeing a nova the first couple times I saw it. The colors jump right out at you.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Ok, so after sitting back and watching this thread, I decided to experiment for myself and this is what I got. Looks quite similar to the "UFO" caught in the video that Watcher took. It was taken about 1am Central time, in the western sky. The star was flashing/pulsating vigorously and you could see some color flashing in it as well (the color was not transfered through the video).

Google Video

[edit on 21-2-2007 by conspiracy_101]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I guess we cleared this matter up then? Anyone have any other suggestions of what this might be other then a star?

Watcher 777 are you still seeing the star in the sky?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It was clear tonight and there is a star in same area we saw the original light. I watched for the last half hour and appears to be in the same path as the original light. I can say that what I am looking at is nothing other than a star.

Although if they are the same things, there was definetly something affecting the appearance the first time we saw it. That's ok though, because I now know how to upload images and I will have my video camera ready for the next time. If I see something again that I think is out of the ordinary, you bet I will post it for everyone to see. It may be debunked or it may not.

Remember four eyes are better than two, but a thousand are best of all

x08

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm no expert for sure, but I would have thought there would be some kind of regularity to the pulsing/flashing of stars? I wonder if any morse code experts have ever looked at star flashes and tried decoding it?

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Sorry for being so hard on you earlier Watcher. It could happen to anyone of us I guess. Maybe one of these days you really will catch something, I know you'll be watching!

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy_101
Sorry for being so hard on you earlier Watcher. It could happen to anyone of us I guess.

I wouldn't expect anything less from anyone on here, that is what it is all about. That is how we figure this thing out together. Hopefully one day soon one of us will catch "something".

Take Care!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I would continue to watch that area because UFO's do pose as stars.
I couldn't get your first listing when I tried the second it said to return in ten minutes so it must be busy.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join