It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible UFO Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
When bright stars are rising or setting, they can change colors pretty dramatically. If it was rising or moving "similar to a rising moon" well, that's about the rate of change the spinning earth would show for a star. Stars and moon rise/set at about the same rate of speed.

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I'll just wait and see the video before I say anything. Watcher sounds very excited and sincere. If the video is a star and we prove it to be then let's hope that watcher will say yeh! I guess you're right, sorry about that. Let's just wait and see.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy_101
I am calling BS on the story let us know when you have real evidence!

We were extremely excited last night watching the light. I was as disappointed as you that we could not upload. So shame on me. Although, I WILL get it on here tonight. Then you can debunk it.

Eagle, that it a good representation of the path it followed. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Since you are brand new to ATS I am going to give you a pass on this one, however that type of incivility is simply not tolerated on AboveTopSecret.com period.

I suggest you read one of the dozens of posts written by staff about the social grace we demand here.

Springer...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Sorry Springer, I'll try to be more civil. It's just that last night my BS detector was going off and I couldn't hold back.

I guess I'll just sit back and see what becomes of this, sorry for jumping the gun (just remember I said it first)! Thanks for the warning Springer!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
did anything happen that was strange when you took the video? or is it just a light changing colors the whole time and not do anything cool besides change color??

/me waiting for the video! hehe

btw ive never seen a ufo turn green... only a flame type orange to a BRIGHT white, that is brighter then any light ive ever seen before then.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by highCT]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher777

We were extremely excited last night watching the light. I was as disappointed as you that we could not upload. So shame on me. Although, I WILL get it on here tonight. Then you can debunk it.

Watcher,
Looking forward to seeing this video like everyone else, any idea
what time you will be uploading it today?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Since it's about 5am in the moring where he is at, and he said he needed to buy a converter for the video I'm guessing it will be a few hours yet..

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuRising
Since it's about 5am in the moring where he is at, and he said he needed to buy a converter for the video I'm guessing it will be a few hours yet..

That's no excuse!!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Give the person time to upload the video.

Man, some of you guys allready have an answer, but you haven't seen the video yet.

Troy

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Ok-here is a small part of the video. We tried all evening to get this uploaded since this is my first time. It does not look like the colors in the camera, are there any suggestions on uploads to make them look exactly like what is on the film? We put in a new video card, 3D fuzion, but that does not seem to make a difference. It looks like a blinking little light on the upload. Grrrrrr

There was no wind or objects in the way of the light. As the light pulsed the colors changed. I will keep trying with the rest of it.

media.putfile.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I just watched your video, and i'm of the opinion that it is not a star.

The pulsing, reflection and height of the object all seem inconsistent with the star theory proposed earlier.

Whatever it was, it was quite beautiful. Thanks for posting the video!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
thanks for up loading the vid,but it looks like a star to me, but then im no expert lol

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
well im pretty sure that the object is moving,so its very possible its a UFO IMO

[edit on 20-2-2007 by mattsev15]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Interesting video Watcher777. You caught an unknown on video as far as I'm concerned. It can't be a star because it shifts its position very sharply several times, and stars don't do that...neither do meteors, nor comets, nor planets. So, this thing is either a ufo or some other unknown. Not every unknown is a ufo.

Was it visible in the sky again last night?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
It can't be a star because it shifts its position very sharply several times, and stars don't do that..

I was thinking that, but I'm not sure if it's the light moving or if it's the camera being moved. Perhaps the OP can confirm which.

I thought it was interesting that there were no other stars in the picture (if it IS a star, that is). Could this be due to the amount of light the camera is taking in? I don't really know anything about photography.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
It can't be a star because it shifts its position very sharply several times, and stars don't do that..

A quick question.

What did you use as a reference point to determine the object's motion?

Even on a tripod, some camera motion can be expected. When the object takes up such a small part of the video field, such motion is quite magnified.

Without a reference to compare relative motion, you can't draw any
conclusion about the motion of the object.

Edit : Not to mention atmospheric turbulence, which can cause marked relative motion of an observed star.

[edit on 2/20/2007 by eaglewingz]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Rise and Set
Coeur d'Alene, ID
PREV DAY for Monday, February 19, 2007 NEXT DAY

RISES
SETS
DAY LENGTH

Mercury 6:44 AM 5:59 PM
Venus 7:49 AM 7:41 PM
Mars 5:20 AM 1:58 PM
Jupiter 2:35 AM 11:11 AM
Saturn 4:08 PM 6:41 AM
Uranus 7:20 AM 6:23 PM
Neptune 6:25 AM 4:13 PM
zip code 83814

I got this data set from here: link

Your initial posts timestamp says 1:01AM. so I can't find a logical match based on the planets. I thought for sure It'd end up being Jupiter, but the data doesn't match the observation. (I was freaked out by Jupiter rising one cold winter night, VERY bright and trippy lght-show/colors sparkling)

Anyone have StarryNight on their machine!!! I'd bet it's a star but you said it's apparent motion was faster than the stars, not as fast as the moon.

Sorry, even though I don't have a StarryNight type program and can't confirm Eaglewingz Arcturus data, it fits the data best (4th brightest winter star). Of course I'd prefer a UFO, but there's just not enough there. Has this object been there the last few nights as well?...

Great job though taping, converting, and uploading. You spent alot of time with this!!!

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Stale Cracker]

Mod Edit: Shortened link.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
If this is a star it will be there again tonight and should've been there last night. If it's too cloudy outside wait for a clear night and see if there is anything in this objects exact "glide path" and or trajectory.

If not, then I'd say "Watcher" has something and would ask him to make me a copy of the VHS tape so I can get it transferred to DVD and put up on the site's "Permanent Main Content" page for posterity (and a couple hundred thousand ATS points for you
).

Springer...

[edit on 2-20-2007 by Springer]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This moves much faster than a star..It seems so..
But..your camera is not fixed and you are changing the angle a couple of times. Therefore you should wait for it to appear again, in order to judge whether it is star or not (see above, springers post
)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join