Why are Atheists Atheists?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
Edn

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomanianDacianHun

Just basing it on most athiests, and I really dont care if you help the less fortunate, an athiest to me is either too stupid to phathom a spiritual side or think theyre too good for a religion. You can hug as many tress as you want and feed starving little kids, still wont change my mind.
Would that be because they don't believe on god or because they don't believe in organized religion?
And what about those who don't believe in god but arnt Atheist?
And lastly what about the other 75% of the worlds population who don't believe what you believe?

I'm just wondering why Atheist are the most targeted and attacked by other religions out there.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Because they have been deceived by the prince of lies.:shk::shk:

reasonable and logical arguments based on the scientific method are apparently now satan

NICE CONTRIUBTION!

and i can't believe i missed this earlier

Just basing it on most athiests, and I really dont care if you help the less fortunate, an athiest to me is either too stupid to phathom a spiritual side or think theyre too good for a religion. You can hug as many tress as you want and feed starving little kids, still wont change my mind.

wow, i think you deserve a warn for this
honestly, a statement of insult and ignorance
calling a large of people stupid and arrogant, a group that includes abe lincoln, richard dawkins, isaac asimov, lance armstrong, kurt vonnegut jr., richard leakey, bruce lee, steve wozniak, and both watson and crick, can be seen as nothing less

not only that, but where is your reasoning behind these horrendously defaming claims?

why am i "too stupid to phathom the spiritual side"?
why do you think that i think that i'm "too good for religion"?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Here's where a perfectly good discussion degenerates into spiteful name calling.

Typical Atheists..., no wait a minute, this is from a follower of those who profess a love for their fellow man and the teachings of Jesus. Someone who professes to know God yet could care less about charity and philanthropy if its practised by a non-believer.

As for being too stupid, i would at least attempt to spell "phathom" (fathom) and "tress" (trees) correctly, or were your fingers moving so fast as you struggled to vent your venemous thoughts.

Do you pray to God RomanianDacianHun, if so who or what do you pray for.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mojo4sale

Here's where a perfectly good discussion degenerates into spiteful name calling.

Typical Atheists..., no wait a minute, this is from a follower of those who profess a love for their fellow man and the teachings of Jesus. Someone who professes to know God yet could care less about charity and philanthropy if its practised by a non-believer.

As for being too stupid, i would at least attempt to spell "phathom" (fathom) and "tress" (trees) correctly, or were your fingers moving so fast as you struggled to vent your venemous thoughts.

Do you pray to God RomanianDacianHun, if so who or what do you pray for.

Tress= typo, and Ive read fathom as phathom, even written it that way and was never corrected so take that up with authors and English teachers, but thats beside the point. Anyway, do I pray to God, yes, but I dont pray as in asking for things and blessing things. I pray of my devotion to him and my cause, and my hate and drive to hurt those who disrespect his name and his kingdom. Im not the typical new age peace loving follower of God. Im human, have not known peace, and feel hate above all other emotions. Whether my views ever be seen as venomous or tyranical then so be it, I could care less. It amuses me if anything. What is it to you if I pray to God or not, surely it shouldnt have any importance to you.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
And as for loving fellow man and the teachings of Jesus, I am a Roman Catholic, not a Protestant or an Orthodox. The Romans killed Jesus, and I dont care because Jesus wasnt the type of prophet hes made out to be. Was he a son of God? Maybe so, but either way hes nothing more to me than a man who didnt demonstrate the wrath that a follower of God should have. His approaches were too peaceful and loving, rather than chaotic and terror filled. Im infatuated with warfare, and psychological warfare is one of the most useful. Instead of converting slowly one by one Id rather pound the belief into them, from forcing them to believe it out of fear into eventually accepting it whole-heartedly.

[edit on 27-2-2007 by RomanianDacianHun]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

And as for loving fellow man and the teachings of Jesus, I am a Roman Catholic, not a Protestant or an Orthodox. The Romans killed Jesus, and I dont care because Jesus wasnt the type of prophet hes made out to be. Was he a son of God? Maybe so, but either way hes nothing more to me than a man who didnt demonstrate the wrath that a follower of God should have. His approaches were too peaceful and loving, rather than chaotic and terror filled. Im infatuated with warfare, and psychological warfare is one of the most useful. Instead of converting slowly one by one Id rather pound the belief into them, from forcing them to believe it out of fear into eventually accepting it whole-heartedly.

ROFLMAO
Man i havent laughed that much since Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Oooohhhh scary.

What is it to you if I pray to God or not, surely it shouldnt have any importance to you.

It doesnt now. Youve answered my question without meaning to.
Good luck with the hate thing, i'm sure God appreciates it.

M4S

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Do atheists believe in Eternal Life? If so, do they believe it is controlled by a scientific theory or a Supreme Being?

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Do atheists believe in Eternal Life? If so, do they believe it is controlled by a scientific theory or a Supreme Being?

I dont believe in Eternal life, that is the province of Deity's and those that believe in them. The question makes no sense.
Is there a scientific theory for Eternal life?, link would be nice to back this up for further discussion.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I dont believe in Eternal life, that is the province of Deity's and those that believe in them. The question makes no sense.
Is there a scientific theory for Eternal life?, link would be nice to back this up for further discussion.

mojo4sale, how did the Universe get one subatomic particle, one force particle, or one cell? Do you believe it was an accident? Do you believe each action you did in the history of your life was an accident? If you kiss your wife or girlfriend (I am assuming you are male), do you believe it was an accident?

[edit on 27-2-2007 by GreatTech]

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

ROFLMAO
Man i havent laughed that much since Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Oooohhhh scary.

What is it to you if I pray to God or not, surely it shouldnt have any importance to you.

It doesnt now. Youve answered my question without meaning to.
Good luck with the hate thing, i'm sure God appreciates it.

M4S

Youre too stuck on followers of God teaching and accepting love of Jesus and all that crap. You dont know half of my beliefs or anything about me so your mocking is just pointless. Whats wrong with hating? Nothing, Im human, humans hate, if we werent meant to hate then we never would, wed all just be a bunch of cowards, nothing to light a fire to defend our beliefs or to be independant. And whats so wrong if someone thinks outside of the box and doesnt pester God by asking him to bless this or that, or to let them win the lottery because theyre down on their luck? I think God appreciates me opressing those who deny him rather than asking for so much from him.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Youre too stuck on followers of God teaching and accepting love of Jesus and all that crap. You dont know half of my beliefs or anything about me so your mocking is just pointless. Whats wrong with hating? Nothing, Im human, humans hate, if we werent meant to hate then we never would, wed all just be a bunch of cowards, nothing to light a fire to defend our beliefs or to be independant. And whats so wrong if someone thinks outside of the box and doesnt pester God by asking him to bless this or that, or to let them win the lottery because theyre down on their luck? I think God appreciates me opressing those who deny him rather than asking for so much from him.

I'm not stuck on anything followers of God tell me mate, i'm an Atheist, a non-believer, Its all fiction as far as i'm concerned.
I do know some of your beliefs, youve just posted them, they seem to be no more than hate filled rants advocating violence against anyone that doesnt mirror your beliefs.
Hate has absolutely nothing to do with courage, dont know where you got that pearl of wisdom from.

Websters Pocket Dictionary.

cow'ard n one who lacks courage

cour'age n the quality that allows one to face danger or adversity with confidence

Nowhere does it mention the need to hate to not be considered a coward. In fact courage would stem from a great love of someone or something and trying to protect that person or thing.

You think God appreciates oppresion, well i have no argument against that.

Your obviously trolling so i'll leave it at that, have fun.

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by shizzle5150
What a fine diagram!!!!!!

shizzle5150, the diagram you linked to is not completely accurate as it judges Faith unfairly. Faith can be extremely simple and/or extremely complex. My experience in science shows that science rarely involves the complexities of Eternal Life; it assumes what it can see, but not what cannot be seen.

Theology frequently helps desrcribe some of the mysteries of the Universe and Eternal Life. I recommend that you speak to a leader in theology before you believe that people with Faith and Spirituality are unintelligent and misguided.

What is more powerful: a scientific world that dies at age 65 or a faithful world that lives for Eternity?

Happy Easter and Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays to those days that are linked to Faith!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   

mojo4sale, how did the Universe get one subatomic particle, one force particle, or one cell?

I have no idea, nor does anyone else. Lots of theory's, but ive yet to see any definitive proof.

Do you believe it was an accident?

No. Doesnt mean a God created it though.

Do you believe each action you did in the history of your life was an accident? If you kiss your wife or girlfriend (I am assuming you are male), do you believe it was an accident?

No, each action i make, all cause and effect in my entire life has been a result of my free will. Even kissing my wife (yes i'm a bloke), was no accident, she planned it!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
To all atheists: do you believe that God created you? Do you believe that Satan created you? Or do you believe that nothingness created you? If you believe that nothingness created you, do you believe that the Universe and Heaven are nothingness?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:35 AM
link   

To all atheists: do you believe that God created you? Do you believe that Satan created you? Or do you believe that nothingness created you? If you believe that nothingness created you, do you believe that the Universe and Heaven are nothingness?

If we believed that God or Satan created us we wouldnt be Atheists, the question makes no sense!
I do not believe that any mystical, fictional, invisible, abstract or all seeing, all knowing being created me. Cant put it any plainer than that.

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   

If we believed that God or Satan created us we wouldnt be Atheists, the question makes no sense!
I do not believe that any mystical, fictional, invisible, abstract or all seeing, all knowing being created me. Cant put it any plainer than that.

mojo4sale, do you believe that you were created by an accident or non-accident? Compare the sum of scientists' power in history with the sum of the power of the Universe in history. Do you believe that a scientist created you?

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:01 AM
link   

[edit on 27-2-2007 by RomanianDacianHun]

ROFL!!! Im keeping this one!

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
i·ron·ic /aɪˈrɒnɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ahy-ron-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. containing or exemplifying irony: an ironic novel; an ironic remark.
2. ironical.
3. coincidental; unexpected: It was ironic that I was seated next to my ex-husband at the dinner.
[Origin: 1620–30; < LL īrōnicus < Gk eirōnikós dissembling, insincere. See irony, -ic]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   

That diagram is quite biased and the process is not quite like that.
but funny.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Selmer2]

posted on Feb, 28 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selmer2

That diagram is quite biased and the process is not quite like that.
but funny.

[edit on 28-2-2007 by Selmer2]

I found one error in the diagram under the Faith heading - it shouldn't read 'Get an Idea' but rather 'Told some incredulous story' as most religionites dont have the idea but it is planted in there by some other equally delusional religionite.

G

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join