It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Atheists Atheists?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   
All I can say is God is out there. But most of the door guys probley dont get on there knees and pray. I wont force nothing on nobody. But life after death is a big gamable. Think about it, what if where right. And your not showing your kids the truth. Even if you change your mind and believe be careful with churchs cuz they're like colts like you said. They rather believe what the preacher, and what that particular religion says than what the Bible says or what god wants.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
All I can say is God is out there. But most of the door guys probley dont get on there knees and pray. I wont force nothing on nobody. But life after death is a big gamable. Think about it, what if where right. And your not showing your kids the truth. Even if you change your mind and believe be careful with churchs cuz they're like colts like you said. They rather believe what the preacher, and what that particular religion says than what the Bible says or what god wants.

Yes, and what if I am the one true God in human form and you should be worshipping me and giving me all your personal assetts as a sacrifice or I'm going to throw you into hell in the after life. Are you willing to take that chance?

Do you even realize how stupid your argument is or are you just that ignorant?

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   

what if you should have been worshipping the norse pantheon in your life?
or the egyptian pantheon?
the sumerian pantheon?
the greek pantheon?

what if druidism is right?
or buddhism?
islam?
shintoism?

and the bible says a lot of things, don't listen to all of them. it even tells that:

slavery is good
selling your daughter into marriage is good
genocide is ok
and that killing nonbelievers is good

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Calling yourself God is stupid and you know it. I am not one of those people who believe Jesus or any other man on earth was God. That would be stupid.

The hole thought process is to believe what is out there. You maybe not believeing in it, but I have seen things others have'nt God is out there. Believe it or dont. Gamable you life with out trying to see if he'll show you. Have fun.

For me I'll live a life worth living for him and keep the rewards he's giving me. Dont think I have'nt gotten things cuz of my believe in him. My life for instances.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Calling yourself God is stupid and you know it. I am not one of those people who believe Jesus or any other man on earth was God. That would be stupid.

so that's stupid but saying that there is an omnipotent super-faerie in the sky isn't?

The hole thought process is to believe what is out there. You maybe not believeing in it, but I have seen things others have'nt God is out there. Believe it or dont. Gamable you life with out trying to see if he'll show you. Have fun.

if god is enough of a vindictive horse's rectum to punish me for not believing in it regardless of the life i live, i wouldn't want to be in heaven with it for eternity anyway

For me I'll live a life worth living for him and keep the rewards he's giving me. Dont think I have'nt gotten things cuz of my believe in him. My life for instances.

i'm going to be living a life worth living anyway. a life in which i help others for the sake of helping others, and i'll shun any rewards that i get just for being a decent human being. if your deity is going to punish me for doing that, let it.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   

You maybe not believeing in it, but I have seen things others have'nt God is out there. Believe it or dont.

Perhaps if you actually told us what you have seen, you could convince some of us. Why the silence?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Lol who you guys what I have seen would deffently pointless. Nor can you expence what I have seen nor feel the magitood of what happen. The fact that your athesis only shows that God signs where point less too you. God could show himself now to you. In years to come you would mostly fall from faith.

The fact is this now can I prove or want to prove the God exist. But you cant prove he does not exist.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   

The fact is this now can I prove or want to prove the God exist. But you cant prove he does not exist.

This thread is about why Atheists are Atheists, not about supplying you with evidence to prove our belief. You are the one that stated you had proof of Gods existence.
Im not here to prove God does not exist, just the mere fact of it not existing in my life is proof enough for me.

Never thought i'd say this but i think GreatTech makes more sense.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

well, i can't prove that thor, poseidon, the easter bunny, pixies, the tooth faerie,
ra, or leprechauns don't exist either

should you believe in all of those too?

if you can prove god's existence, do so or shut up about how you can.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
My bad I spelled wrong I ment I cant prove. To your understanding. But as I cannot prove he is here. no can you prove he is not. reason why i said that cuz many not all athesis say prove it. Prove it. Well I say disprove it.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   

My bad I spelled wrong I ment I cant prove. To your understanding. But as I cannot prove he is here. no can you prove he is not. reason why i said that cuz many not all athesis say prove it. Prove it. Well I say disprove it.

i don't need to disprove your hypothesis. that isn't how the scientific method works

step one: make hypothesis (this is where you say "there is a god" or "atomic particles are made of 3 component parts")
step two: back it up through observations

the burden of proof is on the one who makes a claim, not on the one who doesn't believe it

if i have to disprove your god, i have to also disprove the millions of other deities that have been worshipped in history. actually, so do you.

if the atheist has to disprove all deities that monotheist should have to disprove all deities minus the one they believe in.

so, can you disprove the existence of:

A, Goddess of the moon Babylon/Chaldea
A'as, God of wisdom Babylon/Hittite/Hurrian
A'ra, Local god Arabic
A-a, Goddess of the sun Babylon/Mesopotamia/Akkadia/Semitic
Aa Maakhuer, Lion god of truthful speech Egypt
Aabit, Goddess of song Egypt
Aaghu Gugu, Goddess of the of the dawn Cherokee
Aah, God of the moon of Memphis. Egypt
Aahmes Nefertari, Protector/punisher of humans elevated to goddesshood Egypt
Aakuluujjusi, Creator mother Inuit
Aasith, Goddess of the hunt, war, and the desert Egypt/Syria
Aataentsic, Goddess Iroquois
Aatxe, Evil spirit capable of assuming human form Basque
Ab Kin Xoc, God of war Mayan
Aba khatun Baikal, Goddess of the sea Siberia
Abaangui, God whose huge nose became the moon Guarani
Abaasy, Netherworld beings Yakut
Abaddon, Chief of the demons of the 7th hierarchy Hebrew/Christian
Abandinus, God known only by inscription Roman/Celtic/British
Abarta, God of the Tuatha De Danann Ireland
Abassi, Creator of the world Efik
Abat[t]ur, It weighs souls and/or their deeds Mandaean
Abeguwo, Rain goddess Melanesia/New Guinea

and every single other deity on this list? this is a link

there are 5612 deities and spirits on that list

edit: added a single question mark, explaination of linkhood

[edit on 4/4/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Whew! Finally done reading through 16 pages! To reply from the first post, Atheists are Atheists simply because we refuse to believe in anything there is not 100% proof of. That doesn't mean we are stupid, if anything it means we just think logically!

Here is a bad analogy;

Think of it as when someone blows a kiss at you, does the kiss being blown actually exist and is it coming at you, or should you just have blind faith that it is?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
blah blah blah...i'm making good points, but i don't believe in shift keys...blah blah blah
You really do make some good points. I think a good summary of your post would be a quote by Donald Morgan (I have no idea who he is, though):

Atheist: A person who believes in one less god than you do

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Yes good point madnessinmysoul

I have updated my signature accordingly.

So, what say you, Greattech?

Why do you Discount all these gods?

Why is your mountain god, THE god?

off topic Q: Is there any way to know if your on someone's ignore list? Can you see me Greattech?

[edit on 5/4/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyNut23
Yes good point madnessinmysoul

I have updated my signature accordingly.

So, what say you, Greattech?

Why do you Discount all these gods?

Why is your mountain god, THE god?

off topic Q: Is there any way to know if your on someone's ignore list? Can you see me Greattech?

[edit on 5/4/07 by ConspiracyNut23]

ConspiracyNut23, you are not on my ignore list, in fact, no one is or ever will be.

Why am I montheistic (in a brief summary)? To believe that there is more than one God, is to deny the Ultimate's Omnipotence, Omniscience, and Omnipresence. God, the one and truly only God, partly reveals Himself to humans. If not, there would not have been words such as "top", "unsurpassable", "ultimate", "supreme", "first", "greatest", "incomparable"... God has partly revealed Himself to me as He has done to many and I have confirmation of what I have said from Him. There are no real ties in power or anything else in the Universe. Instead, everything that occurs stems from One power source: God.

Polytheistic religions fail because they fail to recognize that there is only one Supreme Truth and that there is not a battle among "gods" to recognize this. One God has always known the Supreme Truth and always will.

Wish I could add more but I am under time constraints.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
ConspiracyNut23, you are not on my ignore list, in fact, no one is or ever will be.

Likewise
I wish ATS would get rid of that option and just continue banning trolls. (something this forum is very adapt at)

Why am I montheistic

The question isn’t why you are monotheist; rather it’s why you chose to worship this particular Hebrew mountain god?

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Not badage athesis but he watching. Cant believe in what you cant see. Right now you cant see the cross on my back. But its there dislprove it. Lol

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Cant believe in what you cant see.

I believe in plenty I can’t see. Gravity, Pluto, electricity, I just don’t understand why you require invisible crutches.

Right now you cant see the cross on my back. But its there dislprove it.

Actually, since you are making the claim, it’s up to you to prove it. In this case it’d be pretty easy, taking a picture of your back. Then we can all see your tattoo.

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The day anyone proves your god exists is the day I will believe. I still may not support it, just because if He is almighty, then why does He make so many good people suffer. It is your choice to have blind faith. Don't force your belief upon me, as I do not try to force you to stop believing. Also, don't sit there and If your God exists and there is an afterlife, can't I just ask for forgiveness and still get into Heaven?

Perhaps you could better persuade us that God exists if you would share your experiences with us. Unless, that is, you are just making stuff up!

posted on Apr, 5 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Right now you cant see the cross on my back. But its there dislprove it. Lol

There is an alien on my back, how does its existence fit in with your belief.
Can you Disprove it.

You cant because its a ridiculous argument and if all your going to do is post meaningless comments asking people to disprove your meaningless comments then you are really adding nothing to this discussion.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join