It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Anonymous Posts: Death Of Osiris

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_96321
...Moreover, the ratio between that day’s rankings in the year and in the month describes again the new and improved life that sprang from Osiris’ death.

The 17th day of the third month [March] was the 77th day of the year since the ancient Egyptian months had 30 days each. Dividing 77 by 17 brings back the Osirian number 28, but this time multiplied by a tenth of the forever self- renewing und thus again symbolically very appropriate “divine proportion”.

Is there some meaning to this for the rest of us, or was someone just having a mental moment?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It's also St. Patrick's day!

I don't know. Seems like a riddle trapped in an enigma. You first.

AAC

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
originally posted anonomously

brings back the Osirian number 28, but this time multiplied by a tenth of the forever self- renewing und thus again symbolically very appropriate “divine proportion”.

I don't know. This part really lost me. I was hangin there for a minute, but...........

originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation

Seems like a riddle trapped in an enigma.

Indeed. A trapped riddle!

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It leaves us seeking an answer that doesn't have a question. All we can do is speculate. Is that all that was written?

AAC

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
It leaves us seeking an answer that doesn't have a question. All we can do is speculate. Is that all that was written?

AAC

Yes, that was all that was there. Something about it rings familiar, but for the life of me I can't remember why. Maybe the OP will step in and help us understand so we can "get it"

Thanks for your input.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

Original Anonymous Post By: anon_96321
...Moreover, the ratio between that day’s rankings in the year and in the month describes again the new and improved life that sprang from Osiris’ death.

The 17th day of the third month [March] was the 77th day of the year since the ancient Egyptian months had 30 days each. Dividing 77 by 17 brings back the Osirian number 28, but this time multiplied by a tenth of the forever self- renewing und thus again symbolically very appropriate “divine proportion”.

Is there some meaning to this for the rest of us, or was someone just having a mental moment?

Mental moment.

The Egyptian calendars had 30 day months, and were not terribly accurate -- calendars had a way of getting out of synch with the stars. They also didn't have "osirian numbers" or numerology. They could do basic math of the kind we find in grade school (including geometry).

Here's some more about their festivals:
www.touregypt.net...

I don't know what the original poster meant, but the APPROXIMATE date of Isis finding Osiris' body is November 14. The festival of prolonging life (not an Osirian one) is November 28. July 14th is Osiris' birthday.

But there's nothing about Osiris in March. Feb 13 is the Opening of the Doors of the Horizon (Osirian festival). The reference may be from the Pyramid texts (but we have to be careful about when those were written and can't assume it represents a truth for the whole 3,000 year history of Egypt:
www.sacred-texts.com...
showcase.netins.net...

new topics

top topics

join