It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost caught on CCTV at Hampton Court Palace!?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
im atill awaiting a link to the video....

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There is nothing I would like more than to think yes this is a ghost caught on camera but after I mistakenly thought I'd caught a ghost with my camera I try not to jump to conclusions.
However that does look like it could be something. Hopefully the people at Hampton Court will look into this further.

Here is a link to the ghost that I thought I had caught. Nowhere near as impressive as the Hampton Court ghost but it fooled me for a while.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
You know what they say, if it's too good to be true....

After video enhancement, the investigators conclude: "When enhanced and stabilized the video looks far less like a ghost and more like an attendant of some kind (wearing a period costume). The press and media took the most ghost like image of the low resolution sequence and circulated the low resolution and shaky images from video without any processing to balance contrast and used this to claim it was a ghost, but when you look at the sequence once enhanced and stabilized it looks less convincing.

Read The Entire Article

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well it was cool while it lasted. However I still want to see the full video.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You know though, I dug a little bit and checked out the web site that allegedly "proved" the picture is a fake, and came away somewhat with a sour taste. There is no mention anywhere on the site of their investigation, in fact, every link except for one leads to "site under construction" pages. I am wondering how sify.com managed to uncover proof of this "alleged" hoax after all... The site they referenced is paranormal-investigation.com...

I also question the integrity of anyone who professes to sell "state of the art" ufo detectors. (Even though that page, like all the others, is still under construction...

[Edited on 12-31-2003 by William One Sac]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Well then thats a different story altogether. If they can't back it up then I wonder why they released a story claiming it was a hoax. What interest would this stify.com have in covering up the ghost story.

Very interesting.....

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
My bar is haunted. The ghost continually turns off the CO2 gas, in various places throughout the system. It operates gas cylinders, and gas taps. This is in addition to other more regular ghost activity. This technology is relatively recent and I doubt the ghost would have known how to operate these things whilst previously incarnated.

So yes in my experience spooks can interact with new technology, and can see the physical in it's current form.

My ghost likes nothing better than to mess around with this stuff.

BTW it's not easy to turn off a gas cylinder...

I'd say there is a chance that this footage is genuine.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I remember watching a television program about this. And found it really interesting. By the way I don't think the ghost is holding onto hand rails, but the rails of the doors. Nonetheless, if it was proven a hoax, it's a pretty good one, but since it's from a sketchy website that proves, there's still alot of room for investigation.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
To all those that wanted a site to see the footage, the best I could find was:

Hampton Court Palace Ghostly Mystery

I'm pretty sure this is real, but who knows for sure.

I love ghost hunting and if anyone knows of any great haunted places in Oklahoma, please let me know!

~BgirlRAIDERETTE

Mod Edit: fixed link

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Why can't this be a regular(living) person? How do we know who was in that room at the time. I am also leaning to hoax on this one.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Why can't this be a regular(living) person? How do we know who was in that room at the time. I am also leaning to hoax on this one.

It is a regular living person in a costume. The mistery was solved long ago.

*EDIT* I remember reading something about guides wearing costumes but I can't remember whear, sorry. But I certenly remember it being solved,

*EDIT 2* After reading the entire THread again, I came to the conclusion that it was here that I had read it before. Its a post from William One Sac on this same page. I wont quote the hole thing so type ctrl F on your browser and give in this date "posted on 31-12-2003 at 10:44 AM" if you want to read it. Sorry I am VERY tired and overworked and I apologise for this horedous post. Good night.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by TheDarkFlame]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDarkFlame
It is a regular living person in a costume. The mistery was solved long ago.

*EDIT* I remember reading something about guides wearing costumes but I can't remember whear, sorry. But I certenly remember it being solved,

*EDIT 2* After reading the entire THread again, I came to the conclusion that it was here that I had read it before. Its a post from William One Sac on this same page. I wont quote the hole thing so type ctrl F on your browser and give in this date "posted on 31-12-2003 at 10:44 AM" if you want to read it. Sorry I am VERY tired and overworked and I apologise for this horedous post. Good night.

That website is ridiculously lame. I don't know how that made it into a news-looking format, but that could have just as easily been someone's opinion on AboveTopSecret.com debunking it as a hoax.

Personally, I don't know or care if this is a ghost or not or if ghosts in general exist or not, but I think that the website referenced is far from conclusive proof that this is a hoax.

Zip

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jnosh
I've read of situations where ghosts use things that weren't even thought of during their era. So it is possible that Henry knows how to work the oh so technically advanced door.

[Edited on 21-12-2003 by jnosh]

haha i think that too....and i believe a king could read the signs on a fire door that says push bars to open or something like that

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flash
My bar is haunted. The ghost continually turns off the CO2 gas, in various places throughout the system.

Set up a camera!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
hey!

I saw this video for the first time a few monthes ago on "richard and judy"
(morning program in the UK)
and they said that a very long time ago there was a fire there
and a few people died including a guard.!!!

this would explain the ghost frantacly opening the fire doors.

plus the video shown on that program was longer and another part at some other doors doing the same thing.

im verry syupprised this info isnt on the news sites above.

they also had a paranormal investigater on.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by TrentReznor]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
What I thought was odd after watching it over and over is how he appears to be standing back a bit when the doors flew open. You'd think you'd see his arms atleast for a split second pushing the doors, he appears to be back too far to have pushed them open, considering how fast they opened simultaneously. He couldn't have kicked them due to the type of doors. Hmmmm... What does ya think? Look again

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If you look at this flash from HERE it looks like the wind blew the doors open (a draft, the palace has many doors, some say that is why some people feel a chill or a drop in temperature, because of all of the drafts), and some guy was trying to close them.

Another link, with a different angle and slower, HERE

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm sure this caption is quite old. I'm pretty sure i saw this and read the article in a newpaper a couple of years ago (could possibly have been longer or sooner). As far as could be told it's legit and some scientists bloke suggested that it may have been one of the families relative. I think it would be in bad taste for a member of the family to make a hoax!

Pretty damn good picture though!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Right ok one thing , its a fake, it was someone who worked there having a laugh.....if you look closely with technology you can see in the bottom left a step ladder. There is a person on a step ladder who pushes the door bar down to open the door, the figure walks out and shuts the doors.

There was a program about this which reinacted it like the way i said above, both pieces of footage were the same.

Overall: This video is fake,

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
It looks as if the figure just kicks the door open. His torso is at an angle when the doors fly open and at a 'forward' angle when he begins to walk towards it. Try kicking open a door. Notice how your torso sort of leans back? Thats the effect that I believed happened on the video. But as for hoax or real...Ghost can kick, cant they?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join