It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Harvick wins Daytona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Wow,great race.
I was hoping for Dale Earnhart Jr.,but that didnt happen.
But what did happen is....

(CNN)-Kevin Harvick nosed out Mark Martin in a frantic wreck-filled finish to win the Daytona 500 on Sunday. He finished two one-hundredths of a second ahead of Mark Martin. The two battled it out after several cars wrecked. "My go-kart experience over the winter paid off, because I didn't let off the floor and we just kept hitting things and the wall and bouncing off everything," Harvick said.

www.cnn.com...

With less than a mile to go in the Daytona 500, Kyle Busch's car was spinning. Clint Bowyer's was upside down and on fire. Five other cars bumped and banged, careening into one another in a smoke-filled mass of twisted metal.

sportsillustrated.cnn.com...

With the checkered flag in sight, Martin simply came up short -- a mere length of a car hood -- in a wild, wreck-filled finish.

Harvick beat the sentimental favorite to win NASCAR's premier race Sunday, six years to the day after Dale Earnhardt was killed on the final lap. Just days after his death, it was Harvick who was hired to replace him, and he rewarded Richard Childress with the car owner's second Daytona 500 victory -- Earnhardt won the other in 1998.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Black_Fox]

join