It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twenty minute EVP to be released Friday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You can ask Shadowy. When we recorded the EVP, I was carrying on like a wimp.

When we saw the UFO's, for some reason, I just couldn't keep my cool.

A lot of wierd things tend to happen to me when I see UFO's, i.e., nosebleeds, moodswings, dizzness, etc.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Yet I have the tendency to just keep it calm and cool, usually. Ask Joe once your done asking me why don't ya!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't...wait...what?

Ranchy

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
you lucky son of a gun, i really want to try this now and see what happens. i really cant wait to hear the podcast.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well guess what fella's! It seems we can create the Podcast now, we found a program that is PC/Mac friendly and we are planning it as we speak, most likly we will release it early.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
i know, i have audacity too, but did ya know that you dont really need to put your mic up to the computer? for example if you want to record something on your computer. you launch audacity then on the top bar you will see a pulldown menu that has says microphone in it. you click the arrow next to it and then you go down to record and that records the conversation perfectly.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yeah, but Shadowy did not have Audacity at the time.

Shadowy didn't want to waste time trying to figure out how to use the program, since he had just downloaded it, so he used 60 second Windows Sound Recorder program to record the EVP. We weren't sure if the sound was coming of the sound card, or if it was manefesting itself on the speakers, as many EVP's do.

After we recorded the initial event, we compiled the .wav files onto audacity and exported it in a .mp3 file, which we will be debuting this Friday, or anytime soon.

As dictated to The RanchMan by Shadowyfoe
The noise cancelation feature did get rid of the static, but also distorted the audio itself a bit, within the words and the EVP itself, it sounds a bit jarbled and distorted.

[edit on 2/21/2007 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Well, I hope you guys get banned soon. I don't buy this at all.

Besides, EVP, as you are labelling this, is not sourced from speakers. The correct term for paranormal phenomena via audio/visual devices is ITC.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Well, I hope you guys get banned soon. I don't buy this at all.

I wonder why you don't buy this? You've been given no reason to not consider this the real thing, though likewise you have been given no reason to consider it the real thing as well.

I tend to consider things real until they are proven otherwise.

And, if they do end up faking this EVP, they will be duly debunked by the ATS population, and will probably receive proper punishment.

However, I like to count my chickens after they hatch.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Thats wonderful! How about instead of making unfounded statements you ask the person who decided to make the thread a few questions about the audio, heck, you even seem interested enough to post something on here, why not? Maybe I can sway you to give it a listen.

Frankly Steve, the great thing about a forum like this is there is going to be someone, like Void here, who will actually wait two more days before he states his opinion.

To be honest with all of you I don't know WHAT we were talking to, from what we got back I can take that it was a EVP (I'll call it Electronic Voice Phenomena because 'EVP' pretty much explains what happened, thanks.) Simply from the questions that we asked it and the responses that we got back.

If I wanted to get banned I wouldn't waste a week doing it, I'm very serious about this finding and again, frankly you guys aren't worth pulling a joke on. I'd think this forum would bring people who would 'listen.' Before saying something so blunt.

I appreciate both your comments, and I hope you two both listen to the audio and the Podcast before you decide to state your mind, that way its nice and clear. I'm sure theres a dime a dozen of people here that I'm sure someone thinks is lying. But on a site like this, I'm here to listen.

Thank you, and hopefully we will get this released Thursday instead of Friday, that is if Joe here can find the time to do the Podcast tomorrow.

Thanks for listening as always. If I came off as cross here, I'm sure someone can understand the ignorance that sparked it.

Again, ask questions, thats why I posted this thread so early ahead of time guys!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Why the blatent advertisement in your signatures and throughout ATS? Why create a "pre-releasement" thread? It's all too attention seeking to be genuine imo.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The advert was Joe's idea, and as for the getting your attention before hand, we did that for a simple reason. To get your attention.

I'd rather not post a twenty minute long audio file on a forum and have it looked over. I'm taking advantage of what you can do in this board, and the more people I get looking, the more people can hear it. The more people who hear it, the better chance of it being proven or debunked.

I don't know what you'd do if you had this happen to you, but I'm sure as hell curious to how it was done, because me and Ranchy here being good freinds online and off, we known for a fact we are not pulling each others chains. Your opinion is noted, but all due respect, please stick around with the rest of us eh?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowyfoe
we known for a fact we are not pulling each others chains.

What do you mean by this?

Your opinion is noted, but all due respect, please stick around with the rest of us eh?

I shall, thanks!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Well, right when I begin recording, I still figured this was my friend Joe (Ranchy) Pulling a joke on me, later on as the recording also shows, we figured out that it wasn't each other pulling a joke on the other, and it was in fact something else.

in the beginning I go something like. "This better not be some F**ked up joke your playing on me Joe." and he tells me its not, it's only later when he starts flipping out and even after the event is over and done with later on, we knew it wasn't each other.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
As for being banned for misleading, I really hope I'm not, let me make it clear that we don't know what this really is, but we assume its some sort of ghost because of what happens, if it isn't, well, thats why we are posting it here, so why slam the ban hammer so hard and so quick?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I might as well do one more post before I hit the sack for the night, nowhere in the Title or in my description to I %100 say that this is a ghost or anything of the sort, I do though, for that matter state MY opinion, when we release it and you listen, you will see that I ask it questions and it becomes clear from this that it was indeed. "Dead." (I asked it if it was, it answered yes.). It also answered no to some questions, to be fair.

I went ahead and changed my Sig because that is misleading, but aside from that, I never told the ATS members anything aside from the fact that is really strange and should be given a listen to, I went and explained the events and what I gathered from the event. Hence why this is posted in the 'Mysterious' section with no solid name.

Signing out till tomorrow...

Shadowyfoe.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 10:39 PM
link   

we (are) known for a fact we are not pulling each others chains.

I figured this was Joe jerking around as usual and I told him to stop

Just seems like you tripped yourself up there.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Sounds interesting at first I thought it might be interference. I used to get that sometimes but if it was acting to your commands it's not that.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Seems to be a double post.

[edit on 2/22/2007 by Shadowyfoe]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I don't see how I tripped myself up there. You see, the great thing about have friends is that they, like my friend Joe here, enjoy a good humorous jest, as we do just about everyday, but there is nothing usual about this recording Steve, it looks like your proving your ignorance once more. Stop insisting we are a fake and sit back and wait like the rest of us. One last thing I'd like to explain to you, the great thing about a signature is you can advertise in it, I'm sure if you read someone elses sig, you will come across a link now and again. Kthx.

[edit on 2/22/2007 by Shadowyfoe]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join