It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twenty minute EVP to be released Friday

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
A twenty minute Windows Messenger Live conversation between two forum members. The rather new Shadowyfoe and long time member TheRanchMan which concerns a typical MSN PC to PC conversation which ended up in a rare first hand look at the Electronic Voice Phenomena occurring right here to two of our own ATS members will be released Friday 23rd!

The release

We will be releasing a Podcast explaining the events leading up to the Electronic Voice Phenomena as well as taking the liberty to perhaps explain how we came out recording it and how it was done.

The original audio is roughly twenty minutes long and has a tad bit of static interference we will be releasing this as well as a cleaned version using audio editing software Audacity.

Please note!

*We plan to release this for any to analysis instead of keeping to in our hands. We figure we'd make good use of this!*

How the Electronic Voice Phenomena begins

It started with Joe (TheRanchMan) and I talking on the popular Windows Messenger Live chat software, in which we talked using our microphones.

Somewhere in the conversation. I'm playing a video game when all of a sudden, coming from my computer there comes a loud and long groan, the best I could compare it to is someone taking the microphone into there mouth and moaning.

I figured this was Joe jerking around as usual and I told him to stop. He replied by saying. "Stop what?" And I told him. "The damn noise you just made!" He was confused, I figured he was pulling my chain. I go back to playing my game.

The noise happens again, this time longer and louder, I start yelling at Joe to stop being its both shaking my speakers and killing my ears. He starts yelling at me that hes not doing anything.

Joe being my friend, I believe him, and get off my game in a attempt to see if its the audio in the game itself bugging out. I quit the game and wait, it happens again. The noise changes to a sort of drone, as if a subway train coming from the distance to where you stand.

(Example being if someone is a mile away, yelling constantly as he's running towards you, the sound increases.)

So at this point I'm a bit freaked, and start checking my computer for any tell tail signs that theres a problem, I find none, all the while I'm getting weird noises, these noises Joe can't hear, they are coming from my end of the connection, not his. I start signing off all my programs, leaving MSN open.

My friend Joe is very confused as to why I'm acting this way, he can't hear the noises, so I bring my mic up to my speakers as the noise occurs, he tells me that. "It's weird." and it's not coming from his house.

Please note we were the only people in both our houses during the time of this recording and they are indeed only coming from my speakers.

My mind starts thinking of possibilities and I can't help but think of the EVP's I've heard so much about, I decide to record the conversation from here on in.

I won't go into what we recorded, thats what the recording will disclose as well as the podcast, it ranges from 'breathing' noises to random slamming sounds I caught on audio, at one point we ask it questions such as "Can you hear us." It responds, and we create a sort of Q@A session with it.

*Please also note I didn't think it was positively a EVP, but as the event unfolded It became clear.*

how we recorded it

I recorded it by cranking up my volume so it could be heard clearly and put my mic up to the speakers, at this point I recorded both the Electronic Voice Phenomena, my friend Joe talking and some standard feed back from Joe's computer from sound repeating itself.

Where you come in

Alright ATS members! I'd personally love to answer questions involving the recording and things in it, as well as explaining it more for anything I've left out

We want your input!

Thank you for reading! Happy posting!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Looking forward to hearing it. I have recorded evps in our spare room, which seems to be the hotspot in our flat, but nothing like you have recorded. Although, I have had a couple of class 'a' evps; they have never been longer than a minute.

I will be looking out for it in the podcasts.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
Looking forward to hearing it. I have recorded evps in our spare room, which seems to be the hotspot in our flat, but nothing like you have recorded. Although, I have had a couple of class 'a' evps; they have never been longer than a minute.

I will be looking out for it in the podcasts.

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

In contrast to your spare room, this event wasn't excatly in my house, it was moreso coming somewhere between my freinds computer and mine, or if it was in my house it had to have manifested itself into my speakers.

By the way, the night the event happened I wouldn't say I was exactly freaked out over it. (You can tell by my voice in the recording I was quite calm.) But that night something did get me, I was in my hallway leading to my room and it being rather dark I went for the switch. The lightbulb blew.

What made this weird was it flashed a bright green and the bulb itself, which was only two years old, was rather new compared to the lightbulb that lasted almost 13 years since the house was finished back in 1991.

I have no clue if this sort of thing happens with paranormal events but I'll take any feedback. I figured I'll get the "Well it could blow because of the age and its type." I'm looking for something in relation to the event, but again thank you for the feedback and spread the news! I'm looking forward to a somewhat known release by Friday so this can be taken in for closer study.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I might want to point out that among the other things that happened in the audio, at one point I ask it. "Can you do something like Morse Code that we can understand." And at that point my speakers began making rapid tapping sounds. If anyone knows Morse Code rather well and can translate it if they can, do so. It's either that or she did something. "Like Morse Code." to prove us.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I will be quite interested in hearing it.

That Morse Code section sounds intriguing, espically if it ends up being more then just static.

I just have one question.

Why wait until Friday?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowyfoe
I might want to point out that among the other things that happened in the audio, at one point I ask it. "Can you do something like Morse Code that we can understand." And at that point my speakers began making rapid tapping sounds. If anyone knows Morse Code rather well and can translate it if they can, do so. It's either that or she did something. "Like Morse Code." to prove us.

If it is responding to you like this, I'd suggest a method we used when we wanted to have a seance, but had no cash for a ouja board......

Ask your 'spirit' to make it's noise when you get to the correct letter of the first word of his message. Then you rattle off your abc's until the noise 'picks' one of the letters. You might be able to get 'yes' or 'no' answers the same way.....asking the 'spirit' to groan once for no, twice for yes. ( you'll get tired of saying the abc's, but it's easier than learning Morse...)

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I too would like to know why you have to wait until friday to put it up? They DO say patience is a virtue, but... I've never felt very virtuous, and this is very intruging.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It seems I'm getting a question I figured I'd get.

Why Friday? I'm honestly a bit gun-ho about releasing it early as well, but for the sake of patience and the fact that I want to record a podcast with none other then TheRanchMan. Who was on the other end of the conversation when the recording took place, I'm hoping to release it before hand if he can manage to get on something such as Ventrilo to record the Podcast, until then I'm hoping to also create some buzz over this so it won't just get posted and looked at by a few wandering eyes. I'd like this video to be studied and what better way then to get peoples attention before hand?

As for the question of static, yes there is some minor static but the events happening on the recording are quite clear.

And as for answering its questions, during the recording She (I say she because I asked to whom it was, and it answered yes to female) made a sort of "Slamming" sound, as a book would against a desk, I asked it a few 'yes' or 'no' questions based on whether or not it made the sound, and it worked pretty well.

[edit on 2/19/2007 by Shadowyfoe]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hey everyone, TheRanchMan here.

I would just like to take this time to say that, currently, we are trying to get my computer (an iMac, which is very computer-like) to run a voIP program so that we can try to release the podcast early. However, we are having severe technical problems, so, unless the issue is fixed, we will have to release it on Friday.

Why Friday?

Every Friday (usually) Shadowyfoe (Pat) and I get together and we chill at his house. Friday, we can get together, make the podcast, and upload it to the ATS Podcast Section.

We must warn you, though: in my advanced state of wussyness, I was cursing and squealing somewhat like a schoolgirl.

So, as you can imagine, this podcast will be marked with the EXPLCIT tag.

Also, as I think Shadowy had already stated, we are giving anyone who would like to analyse the audio file to try to explain the EVP (electronic voice phenomena) permission to do so. As long as you don't use the audio file to be a jerk, then we're fine with it.

Ranchy

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Yes I don't want some new forum member or such to get there hands on the audio and go. "Lol d00d ghost noises!" and have a few of those threads side track people from the real post.

[edit on 2/19/2007 by Shadowyfoe]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think you guys are just going to have to wait.

Sorry.

Apparently, I need to download a certain codec to run this voIP, and the program is no where to be found that is compatible for Mac OS X.

I'll keep looking.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   
This sounds like it might be worth a listen. I am no expert in the field, so I will be content to follow along and watch from the peanut gallery.

Depending on the subject matter, I may chime in or run and hide like DK.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Well aside from the debunking that will ensue, I'm sure I'll look forward to yours and anyone else's comments after you give it a listen. But even then I can't say debunking is a bad thing, without it this website would pretty much be beans.

Oh and for all those people who are skeptic that the audio is ear piercing, its really not, I encourage you to listen to it at a rather high volume.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Yes.

Much of the EVP sounds are at a very low volume. However, the dialog between Shadowy and myself is at a normal volume (Pat's voice is the loudest), so don't listen that loudly.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The two voIP programs I tried to run won't work.

Sorry, but you have to wait for the podcast till Friday.

[edit on 2/19/2007 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Well there you have it folks, its going to be a long week eh? Haha, well until then, who has any questions?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Yes.

Since all you ATS'ers are waiting for the release of our podcast, Shadowy and I are willing to answer some basic questions about the audio file.

Just post a question and either Shadowy or I (depending on who reads it first) will answer it.

[edit on 2/20/2007 by TheRanchMan]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Interesting stuff guys, I'll be waiting for the Friday release.

I've never recorded an EVP myself, but I'm hoping to on my next ghost hunt

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Best of luck to you man, seems this stuff comes for me and Joe, not that we mind or anything!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowyfoe
Best of luck to you man, seems this stuff comes for me and Joe, not that we mind or anything!

Haha yeah, i just read your UFO report over in that section. Seems like you guys are magnets for this stuff.

I'm just unlucky, so i tend to stumble upon things that go bump in the night. Fate is trying to put me in their sights

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join