It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids in Antarctica???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marduk
you don't believe we evolved from Monkeys
thats good because we didn't
we evolved alongside monkeys from a common ancestor
this is an established scientific fact
also evolutionary theory has actually been proven
it was some time ago
I'm guessing that yuou are therefore american which from statistics seems to be the only country left on earth that doesn't pray west three times a day that believes the world was built by some guy called God in seven days

Ouch, Marduk! If you think someone is saying something idiotic, bag on them for what they say, not where they are from. There are plenty of Americans who believe in God and don't take every bit of the Bible as literal. After all, it was written by people. I personally think God also created evolution as the method which life progresses through. To what ends, I don't know.

Back to where this topic has been going though, I agree with you that if there were any pre-homo-sapien hominid civilizations to create pyramids in Antarctica when it was gondawana or any other incarnation then there would likely have been evidence on the parts that made up Africa, South America, or Australia. But to date, we have "El Zilcho," "Nada," "A Wholatta Nothing" to show that there has been.

[edit on 3/2/2007 by PapaHomer]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I just wanted to post this new information that I thought might come in handy.

www.nasa.gov...

That is an article for the newest and highest resolution sets of Antartica
released so far. Don't really know if the conversation has been highjacked
by this point since I havent gotten to read the whole thread yet. But the
said information should help out either way.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Nice link PJ, but I'm not entirely sure if the image shown is of the same coordinates. It is definately a better resolution picture, but still doesn't show any info to support there being a pyramid in Antarctica.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Mount Erebus sure looks like a pyramid to me.
www.sethwhite.org...

Rebus meaning picture puzzle.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The most amazing part of that to me is that that volcano is still active. Back in 1985-86, it was spewing CO2 into the atmosphere. Never knew that there was an active volcano on the antarctic continent to begin with.

Well, now that I learned something today...

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Erebus was known as the embodiment of primordial darkness, the son of Chaos (who was the void from which all things developed, known also as Darkness). According to Hesiod's Theogony, Erebus was born with Nyx (Night), and was the father of Aether (the bright upper atmosphere) and Hemera (Day). Charon, the ferry-man who took the dead over the rivers of the infernal region, is also said to be the son of Erebus and Nyx.

Later legend describes Erebus as the Infernal Region below the earth In this version, Hades was split into two regions: Erebus, which the dead have to pass shortly after they have died, and Tartarus, the deepest region, where the Titans were imprisoned. Aristophanes' Birds says that Erebus and Nyx were also the parents of Eros, the god of love.

He is often used metaphorically for Hades itself.

Hades was also known as the god of wealth and precious metal that lay hidden deep within the earth

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:39 AM
link   
btw Mount Erebus was named after the ship

Terror and Erebus were the 2 sailing vessels used by Anatrcatic explorer James Clark Ross - who named the volcano (and after whom the Ross Sea is named).

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PapaHomer
Nice link PJ, but I'm not entirely sure if the image shown is of the same coordinates. It is definately a better resolution picture, but still doesn't show any info to support there being a pyramid in Antarctica.

The link I gave is to an article stating that NASA and the USGS have produced
the most detailed satellite views of Antartica, so the coordinates have nothing
to with it. It is an overall view of Antartica. Just providing newer information
so the "quest" for this "pyramid" can be facilitated.
Not that I believe there is
a pyramid down below the ice, but hey stranger things have and keep on happening.

Oh and heres the link to the website hosting the new Antartic images:

lima.usgs.gov...

[edit on 3/13/2007 by Pjpuas]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by win 52
There are lots of hills that may be something else.

Three Hills, Alberta, Canada are near a motherlode of Dinosaur foscills. Does that make us want to see if there is anything inside those hills.
Most people don't even consider them to be more than hills. When I see pictures of Giza...it reminds me of Three Hills without soil and grass.

There are now studies going on that are looking into the fact that under the blocks, some of the pyramids have been poured.

There have been other societies on this planet, thousands of years before the humans of today arrived on the scene. That is why the artifacts are confusing.

home.hiwaay.net...

This will give you some idea of the ancient sites, linked by geometry. My main question is, was this just coincidence or was it planed that way.

The idea that we are the most advanced civilization to inhabit this planet, doesn't add up, if you look at the evidence.

Antartica has been hidden from our greedy paws. Any artifacts, preserved under the ice, may come out in the open soon......ps. keep driving those SUV's folks. Oh ya....

Now that geometrical relations of mysterious places are obvious, one could use this technique to discover many other secrets places.
I wonder if Bosnian pyramids are within the proportional distance from the ancient equator.
It would be cool if someone measured this!!

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I wonder if Bosnian pyramids are within the proportional distance from the ancient equator.

with the amount of other entirely natural hills on earth I'm sure if you wanted you could find whatever your imagination was looking for

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I agree that if there was/is Atlantis it was/is on Antartica... and the reason for that is simple:

At the end of World War II, Britain sent a covert mission to investigate anomalous activities near its secret base at Maudheim in eastern Antarctica and to seek out and destroy a subterranean Nazi haven.

www.nexusmagazine.com...

why would Nazis be interested in a remote subterranean ice wasteland anyway??

[edit on 4-4-2007 by untilted]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by untilted
why would Nazis be interested in a remote subterranean ice wasteland anyway??

Can you
define what is meant by the term 'secret'?
Most weapons are developed in secret - or at least, under
conditions of stringent security - whether in times of
peace or war, if only because, as the old adage has it,
forewarned is forearmed. In Germany's case, there
was an added imperative: the Versailles Treaty which,
at the end of World War I, forbade her to develop (and
even to possess) certain categories of weapons, such
as aircraft and tanks. Development programmes for
these weapons had to be carried out in absolute secrecy,
since the ultimate risk (though probably a small
one by the time these development programmes were
under way) was the occupation of Germany by the
victorious Allies. In many cases, up until the moment
that Hitler signalled his intention to revoke the Treaty
unilaterally, the projects were actually based outside
Germany: in Holland, the Soviet Union, Sweden and
in particular Switzerland... and of course Antarctica!!!

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I agree, but Nazis were occult freaks and they searched for Atlantis too...

well, we will probably never know...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Yes, there are pyramids there Holographic Chambers of Light/heiroglyphic chambers of light.

[edit on 4-4-2007 by menguard]

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I agree, but Nazis were occult freaks and they searched for Atlantis too...

This is true!
My history teacher told me that Nazi's occupied Milos (?) to find some archives for Atlandis location

Milos' History (WW2)

The Germans invaded Milos during World War II, in May 1941, and built fortifications in many villages for their own safety.

In many villages?
For an island?
Nazi's didn't build fortifications in other Greek island, but Crete, meaning that they needed to stay long there. Milos is not considered a strategic island, which questions many historians!
Even in Crete they didn't built so much fortifications.

well, we will probably never know...

You should not despare
The search for truth is a great mystery givin' life to any optimistic researcher

Edit
------------------------------------------------
After a second thought
Milos could be used as a mining site for their German industry, but didn't extracted anything, which still raise me with questions.
Extraction and exploitation of other minerals became soon possible. Every year, rich deposits of bentonite (used in drilling operations), caolinite (ingredient of paper, rubber), perlite (for insulation) and pozzalana (cement industry) but also sulphur, baryte and gypsum are exported. link

[edit on 4-4-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hi Kacen,
If you take a look at Google maps and zoom in on Antarctica,
take your time and cover it inch by inch, you will be rewarded by many things. Although at first it will remind you of the Clementine Mission pictures clumsily aibrushed by NASA, you will, with perseverance, discover both interesting modern artifacts, and remaining evidence of an ancient civilisation, look out for several examples of something like the Great Wall of China.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
-66.770253, 50.141602 Google MAps.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sorry I can't make a live link of this URL.

"http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=-77.783333~160.666667&style=a&lvl=11&sp=Point.-77.783333_160.666667_Pyramid_Mountain_(Antarctica)___"

This is so not a pyramid! I think they were halucinating from the ice glare or trying to create names that would sell in a book if they made it back alive.

[edit on 19-8-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

alright man,
wanted to bring you back to a point you mentioned earlier about a great big whollly mammoth that was found in the artic/antartica.. wrong on both counts.

the actual place the animal was found was in the siberian thundra.. and not only one but thousands.of them. and they had been battered to death as well as flash frozen with the little old butter cups in their mouths.. guess they were never warned of the dangers of eating buttercups.. on a more serious note though; what i know about what was found in their throths was tropical vegitation.. not the kind of stuff you find normally growing on the icy thundra. so where is this goin.. well if what they are suggestiong is true and that siberia was once located in a more temperate zone, no a tropical zone.. how can this be.. how do you move a huge chunk of land like that around and if siberia got moved it would stand to reason antartica could be moved also.. maybe due to a pole shift.. so what i am saying is that antartica could just have easily been situated in an equitorial region.. wanna play with that marduck..

i also want to mention the evolution stuff and monkeys.. we dont come from apes.. not even close.. something got to do with the shape of the base of the spine makes it impossible.. would be interesting also if we could decide once and for all if we are talking about homo sapien or homo errectus.. personally i believe we are only minions in a long line of civilizations who have used here as a staging ground for what ever reason..

one thing for sure if a pole shift were responsible for the moving of antartica then the force of water would surly flatten all in front of it and would not leave much of evidence for a load of monkeys to sit around and speculate about..

my two cents worth

good thread OP

peace

daz__

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

i also want to mention the evolution stuff and monkeys.. we dont come from apes.. not even close.. something got to do with the shape of the base of the spine makes it impossible

Well said unfortunately are skeletons and DNA says we are closely related to our ape cousins. "Shape of the base of the spine"? Got anything a bit more concrete on that comment?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join