It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids in Antarctica???

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

posted by selfless
I was not about to let marduk insult everyone in sight and not stand up for them.

the only people I insulted were those calling people in this thread who disagreed with them Bozos
so when you stated

posted by selfless
You indeed have to be a bozo to close your mind to one possibility and say it's ''impossible'' there were pyramids in Antarctica because that's just speculations one way or the oder.

you were saying that if people think that there are no pyramids in antartica then they are bozos
so anyone who doesnt follow your train of thought is a bozo
how selfless that is of you selfless

so the fact that antartica has been covered in ice for 35 million years which means it is impossible for any human structure to have been built there in the past makes you what
1) a bozo
2) a massive intellect with a strong grasp on reality

who's for 1) ?

every one of your posts so far has been a personal attack
and you have the front to claim that its me thats doing it when I've done nothing of the sort.
wake up and smell the coffee eh
you are a very ignorant person
and you know it
heres an example of your brilliance

posted by selfless
I found this image but it's most likely a Mountain but it does look square

for future reference
this is a square

this is a triangle

and this is a pyramid

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
OOohh, come on folks can't we just get along?

I fear this will never end...

He wanted to say sqaure base, i guess... oooouff

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
well ok I have been trying to get along but with all the Bozos launching personal attacks instead of concentrating on the facts whats a guy to do

most of the reasonable posts in this thread so far have said the same thing
"they are mountains not pyramids"

and heres the facts
1) pyramids were all constructed on this planet between 2650 bce and the present and all had a large civilisation to provide the logistics and manpower required. the tallest on earth (the great pyramid) is 146 metres high. the pyramid mountain in antartica is 2,120 metres tall
2) antartica has been ice bound for 35 million years. this is not a narrow minded claim, this is the evidence provided by ice cores which have been scientifically accumulated from antartica itself by experts who know what theyre talking about
3) the only people who have ever claimed otherwise have to a man been pseudoscientists who don't write these details to prove anything but more in order to line their pockets with money from Bozos who don't know what the term "empirical evidence" means and who have already formed an opinion based on their vivid imaginations and lack of historical understanding

now between those three very easy to understand details you think you can come to a conclusion anytime soon
thanks a lot

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bergle
I call your attention to the ancient map showing the outline of antarcticas coastal shape.Under the ice! which is never been debunked.pere rees map?

The map hasn't been debunked, but it's the coast of South America. The notion that it's the coast of Antarctica has been debunked many times (including by documents of sailors and ocean voyages.)

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Ok, let's try a new angle.

Just because the "pyramid" in question here is in Antarctica doesn't negate the possibility of it being a legitimate pyramid. To say that would be just asking to be proven wrong. How are we to know, with our very limited knowledge of history, and let me emphasize limited knowledge, able to make such grandiose claims as there are "no pyramids in Antarctica"? That's a ludicrous statement, as it has no basis in fact.

There's no proof either way whether an intelligent civilization has ever lived there before. We've found mammoth carcasses encased in ice there, so we know that Antarctica, at one time in recent history, was in a warmer climate. This could also mean that humans, or some other intelligent species, was inhabiting the area at around the same time.

Now, that's not to say that any intelligent creatures were in the area at the time, as there's no proof for that either. All I'm trying to get across here is that for everyone to be bantering back and forth about something which none of us knows anything about, is quite honestly stupid.

The lack of evidence doesn't negate the existence of something, and that's a fact. Please, let's bear that in mind in the future, and continue onwards with an open mind. That's the only way we're going to learn anything new.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
We've found mammoth carcasses encased in ice there, so we know that Antarctica, at one time in recent history, was in a warmer climate. This could also mean that humans, or some other intelligent species, was inhabiting the area at around the same time.

We did? I think you're speaking of a discovery in the arctic, not the antartic. I could be wrong, but I don't believe any trace of land mammal remains have ever been found there.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike
OOohh, come on folks can't we just get along?

I fear this will never end...

He wanted to say sqaure base, i guess... oooouff

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Dragonlike]

I dunno what you mean probably because i have marduk on my ignore list but judging by what you are saying,

I said it's most likely a mountain i never said it was a pyramid and to be honest i am pretty sure it's not a pyramid but at least i have an open mind unlike others like marduk.

Oh and by the way, i know it's not an actual square, it's just an expression. I dunno if people say it in english but in my language we say it's square looking and it doesn't mean it's an actual square it only means ''square edges''.

Dragonlike understood what i meant.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by selfless]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Whether or not there ever was a man made pyramid on Antarctica, there might just be one in a few years.

Antarctica Research Station
Embedded Generation Study
16394 - Environmental Engineering Design
University of Strathclyde
Glasgow

Antarctica Research Station

Halley Research Station is the UK 's most isolated research facility in Antarctica ... Halley provides a vital research location for achieving a global perspective on climate change, ozone depletion and atmospheric pollution, and for long-term monitoring studies of weather, glaciers and ice shelves, solar storms and the upper atmosphere.

The new scheme has been proposed as individual pods, made up of interlinking triangles. ... Each sloping façade is comprised of 4 compatible triangular sections ... The facades are laced with Photovoltaic panels (PV's) to allow for Embedded Renewable Generation (ERG), between the pyramidal pods there are stationed wind turbines for again additional ERG support.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Yes borg,

I am 100% open to the idea that there is a pyramid in Antarctica and i am also 100% open to the idea that there is none.

Someone who mocks someone else for being open minded is beyond stupid.

But that person also claimed there was no pyramids in Bosnia so he pretty much demonstrated what he really knows about this.....

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
We did? I think you're speaking of a discovery in the arctic, not the antartic. I could be wrong, but I don't believe any trace of land mammal remains have ever been found there.

You are right sir. I thank you for pointing that out. It was in the Arctic. I, for some reason or other, remember hearing about a woolly mammoth being found with buttercups in it's stomach somewhere. I could have almost sworn it was in Antarctica.... Guess I was wrong.

Well, I suppose that I learned something else today. Thanks again.

TheBorg

P.S. Either way, they have found dinosaur fossils there, so we know that life has been on that continent before. Whether it was intelligent or not remains to be seen. This new information doesn't detract from the main point; that we're still no closer to determining whether intelligent life ever existed there or not.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Marduk you are highly arrogant and insulting.

I dunno why the mods didn't give you a warning yet.

Actually once upon a time, cinlung and marduk did get a red card and penalty themselves each by Mods.

Ok, that is pyramid or square based pyramid.
You can find pyramids everywhere in this world, either it is huge ancient man-mad pyramid, or natural shaped mountain pyramid. One must make it clear when make a statement.

The mountain in Bosnia is certainly pyramid if looked from certain angle, it is pyramidal mountain, a cone or a pyramid with circular cross section.
Mostly it is natural shaped mountain.
So leave it to GEOLOGIST, not archeologist.

There are many huge man-made pyramids in Egypt, China and everywhere. Leave them to archeologist.

But, it is naive to say that there is NO PYRAMID in BOSNIA!!!!!!!
I want to bet my shirt away that you can easily find pyramids in Bosnia, either it is paper weight, ornament, accessories, or model from egypt.

And few english arheolog has specialities on hunting this double-pyramids.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
The definition of a pyramid is

A pyramid is any three-dimensional structure where the upper surfaces are triangular and converge on one point. The base of pyramids are usually quadrilateral or trilateral but generally it can be any polygon shape), meaning that a pyramid usually has three or four sides. But there is no theoretical limit to the number of sides a pyramid can have. But all pyramids must have trilateral sides (triangles). The measurements of these triangles uniformly classify the shape as isosceles and sometimes equilateral.

Wikipedia

That would disqualify a cone. A cone with a circular base is not a pyramid.

I don't think any natural structure of significant size would be a true pyramid, although it could appear close, it wouldn't be mathematically perfect. Even the Great Pyramid at Giza is not really a true perfect pyramid, although it is very close. A manufactured item such as a paperweight shaped like a pyramid would probably be one of the closest things in the real world to the mathematically perfect pyramid, and I'm sure those probably exist almost anywhere.

But I still don't see much of a connection here to the original post claiming a Google Earth image of Antarctica represents a pyramid. The resolution is far to coarse for it to be a paperweight.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
well, according to Math World

In general, a cone is a pyramid with a circular cross section.

anyway it doesn't matter.

Let's make it simple, natural shaped or man-made.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
Ok, let's try a new angle.

Just because the "pyramid" in question here is in Antarctica doesn't negate the possibility of it being a legitimate pyramid.

A bloomin big pyramid
Commonly known as a mountain! It's summit is 8,500ft above sea level (not sure what valley height is, but we're talking several thousand feet for the main face of the mountain)

If it's a manmade pyramid then so are the himalaya!

Ironically, I used Pyramid Peak last year as an example of how just because a hill appears with a triangular profile from certain directions, doesn't make it an artificial pyramid.

To say that would be just asking to be proven wrong. How are we to know, with our very limited knowledge of history, and let me emphasize limited knowledge, able to make such grandiose claims as there are "no pyramids in Antarctica"? That's a ludicrous statement, as it has no basis in fact.

Just like the claim that there are no 20ft fluffy pink bunnies living on the dark side of the moon

There's no proof either way whether an intelligent civilization has ever lived there before. We've found mammoth carcasses encased in ice there, so we know that Antarctica, at one time in recent history, was in a warmer climate. This could also mean that humans, or some other intelligent species, was inhabiting the area at around the same time.

No mammoths have been found in Antarctica, and there is no evidence whatsoever that the climate has been significantly warmer within the past few million years.

The lack of evidence doesn't negate the existence of something, and that's a fact. Please, let's bear that in mind in the future, and continue onwards with an open mind. That's the only way we're going to learn anything new.

TheBorg

True. So you agree that there may well be 20ft pink bunnies living on the dark side of the moon?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Essan you said

Just like the claim that there are no 20ft fluffy pink bunnies living on the dark side of the moon

then you said

True. So you agree that there may well be 20ft pink bunnies living on the dark side of the moon?

so you have moved the goal posts
first the bunnies were fluffy and then they weren't
if you can't make up your mind regards fluffiness or not then you clearly haven't thought this through
besides which there are no 20 ft pink bunnies fluffy or otherwise living on the dark side of the moon anyway
any fool knows that its green pigs with wings on the dark side of the moon
the 20 ft fluffy pink bunnies live on neptune

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Actually, those would exist on the far side of the moon.

It has no dark side, that's a Pink Floyd album.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
it does too have a dark side
its the side that the sunlight isn't hitting
this is not the same place as the far side
You underestimate the power of the dark side
patrick.welfringer.lu...
You don't know the power of the dark side
www.geocities.com...
If you only knew the power of the dark side
www.ebondi.com.au...
you wouldn't have said that

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Antarctica is not fully covered with ice!
Perhaps it's the ozone hole that contributes to that... i dunno know...
www.hi.is...

We can take these photos:

It seams that in some places the climate is not so unfavorable...

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
No, i's not all covered in ice, some of it is barren rock.

In the Dry Valleys there hasn't been any precipitation for about 2 million years (it's the driest place on Earth)

And around the coastal fringes, in summer, the temperature sometimes rises to close to freezing.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It seams that in some places the climate is not so unfavorable...

oh right ok thats cool
how many pyramids are built in these not so unfavourable areas

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join