It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids in Antarctica???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Do you believe that pyramids can be found even to Antarctica?
Well, if no... Let's follow the footsteps of Indiana Jones... he he

Pyramid Mountain (Antarctica)
&
Pyramid Peak (Antarctica)

If Atlandis has been there, then Pyramids are rightfully to excist there...

I know it looks like an ''Alien VS Predator'' movie, but who knows... the got their ideas from somewhere...

Comments?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Y'know, sometimes a mountain is just a doggone mountain.

Pyramids are made out of stones and bricks. That's a mountain. We'd all have noticed if it was made out of granite blocks.

Oh... and Indiana Jones knew the difference between "rocks and landscape" and "things made by humans."

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Indellkoffer]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I read somewhere that James Cook found ruins in antarctica and "talking books." I cant seem to find where I read that. Wonder if anybody else has heard this?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I looked at both of those coordinates and I don't see anything that looks like a pyramid. Anyway, the resolution in Antarctica seems to be so low, anything visible would probably have to be miles and miles wide.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and sometimes a triangular mountain is just a sharply angled chunk of crustal plate. It's omportant to remember that under all that ice, Antarctica has a LOT of mountains. The fact that two of them have pointy shapes says nothing other than they look like pointy shapes. There are dozens of other mountains around the world named "Pyramid." Are you going to tell me that the one in Alberta proves Canada is Atlantis?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I'd be more interested in the lakes that supposedly haven't been exposed to the elements in some 100,000 years or so. That, right there, leaves lots of room for new discovery. I'm anxious to see what's down there. Who knows, in the process, we may find a pyramid at the bottom of one of those lakes. Now, how cool would THAT be??

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
I'd be more interested in the lakes that supposedly haven't been exposed to the elements in some 100,000 years or so. That, right there, leaves lots of room for new discovery. I'm anxious to see what's down there. Who knows, in the process, we may find a pyramid at the bottom of one of those lakes. Now, how cool would THAT be??

TheBorg

That would, honestly, be damned terrifying
A highly advanced anaerobic bacterial civilization, run for the hills!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
That would, honestly, be damned terrifying
A highly advanced anaerobic bacterial civilization, run for the hills!

I dunno, I like it. Makes for a damned nice story too. I need to learn how to properly dramatize me a story... Can't write worth a squat.

Anyway, I need to see pics of these pyramids. The only pics I saw were of some pyramids up in Alaska. Not the same ones.

TheBorg

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

posted by theGrob

I need to learn how to properly dramatize me a story... Can't write worth a squat.

Grob was an inuit hunter
he had dragged his sledge out way past the old fishing hole because something had frightened the fish and they no longer agreed to bite his hook and feed his family. The snow had stopped falling and the temperature had risen so he was able to drop the hood of his coat and breath the chilly air freely without fear of burning his skin. As he traversed the glacier northwards he thought he could feel a slight tremble under his feet but he shrugged his shoulders and told himself he was getting old.
He remembered the stories of his grandfather who had told him that many moons before when the fish had stopped biting he had come across a new hole in the ice far to the north full of large fish. Grob said a prayer to his gods and wished that he would find the hole and the largest fish anyone had seen.

The water was warm his grandfather had said and had to explain a long time what warm was before Grob had understood.
Finally after many hours trek he saw in the distance a shimmering of steam rising above the ice. There was a large hole as big as his village in the pack ice ahead and the steam was rising from it like smoke from a fire.
he reached the edge of the water and looked down.

It was an amazingly clear crystal blue colour and straight away he could see thousands of fish swimming around gamboling and playing with each other in the depths beneath his feet. Something shiny caught his eye far below and he squinted his eyes trying to see what it was. It looked like a mountain, a mountain made of glass like the strange bottles of firey water the white men had left behind when they visited to measure the weather the year before. Grob had thought that very funny that men would want to measure the weather. Surely it was the weather that measured the men it caught and not the other way round.
The mountain had smooth shiny sides and as he was gazing at it he felt another vibration and swore that he could hear a humming noise. Something large and dark rested at the base of the building and he got to his knees and gazed downwards struck with the wonder of it. he thought he could see a light throbbing gently in the structure. The light was a faint green colour and it started to get brighter and brighter with each passing moment, making the dark thing shimmer black and brown with its illumination.
Grob stuck his face as close to the water as he could without dipping his nose into the liquid. He heard a cracking noise behind him and froze knowing instinctually that the ice had broken around him and that any movement on his part might flip the sheet that was supporting him over. Being immersed in water this far from his village would be the death of him and he would freeze solid long before he could rig up a temporary shelter.
Grob felt the ice sheet he was on move forwards out into the warm waters of the lake revolving slowly and he turned his head ever so slowly to see the sides of it slowly eroding away with the heat from the water. "This was bad, very bad" he thought to himself and cursed himself for his stupidness. soon all that was left of the ice was a small area around Grobs hands and feet.
Just then he saw something large flash past the periphery of his vision and glanced down into the water again trying to catch it.
The large dark thing was gone no longer attached to the strange building in the water. He looked down suddenly seeing something blurry in front of his face. he pulled his head back and as he did his vision swam into focus on the object beneath him. It was an eye, a huge eye larger than he was.

Grob screamed as the ice raft collapsed and he felt himself sucked into a huge mouth lined with razor sharp teeth which closed around his waist seperating his legs from his torso. the last thought that flashed through Grobs mind before the endless darkness descended was remembering his grandfather telling him to always always be careful what you wish for. Someday you might get it.

silence descended on the warm waters of the lake
The huge dark Ripper Fish swam back to the pyramid intent on following the instructions to guard that it had been given by its gods millenia before and rested as it digested its meal.
the steam rose gently as the sun set

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Marduk]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Nice story Marduk! Which orifice did you pull that one out of?
Back on topic, I have to agree with the others, that I couldn't make out anythin pyramid-like from the coordinates to Pyramid Mountain or Pyramid Peak. As far as pyramid shaped terrain features go though, isn't there a kook out in Bosnia who claims that he has discovered the largest and oldest pyramid in the world. I know it's here on ATS somewhere. Looks like a mountain to me, but I haven't tried to dig it up or use ground penetrating radar. From my understanding no one else has bothered with ground penetrating radar either, but I'll admit I could be wrong there. Found a link to it here on ATS, Bosnian Pyramid

From what I've seen on the first page, Ms. Byrd and Marduk have both given a poo poo to it being a pyramid. As they are both good reasearchers(at least the first fifty times I bothered to check, now my 5 month old takes up too much of my free time for me to be thorough), I will consider it just what it looks like, a large hill. BTW, loved hearing about the alien and space traveling Mayans, Marduk. It made me laugh. lol:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Nice story Marduk! Which orifice did you pull that one out of?

Bloody cheek I spent five minutes writing that

isn't there a kook out in Bosnia who claims that he has discovered the largest and oldest pyramid in the world

yup but nobody qualified to judge believes him as he is a complete pseudo crank who wouldn't know a real pyramid if it walked up and kicked him in the ass

Looks like a mountain to me

its a hill, the clue is in the name Visoki hill

Ms. Byrd and Marduk have both given a poo poo to it being a pyramid

as has Zahi Hawass (Egyptian expert in pyramids)
Anthony Harding (president off the british arcghaeological society) along with half a dozen people who Osmaganic claimed were working for him but changed their minds the very second they heard what he was saying

BTW, loved hearing about the alien and space traveling Mayans, Marduk. It made me laugh. lol:

if you like I can post you excerpts form Osmaganics book where he himself claims that pyramids are made by space travelling mayans from the pleaides

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dragonlike

If Atlandis has been there, then Pyramids are rightfully to excist there...

But Plato made no mention of their being pyramids in Atlantis, nor of the average temperature being -40c

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
ah but he did mention mountains

Near the plain again, and also in the centre of the island at a distance of about fifty stadia, there was a mountain not very high on any side.

so that narrows it down to any continent with mountains
so that makes it easier right

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I cannot see anything that looks at all like a pyramid. The resolution was not great; but still nothing caught my eye.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Anyway, i just gave a spark...
We have found pyramids pretty everywhere, so where is the last continent that we have seen nothing yet?
-Antarctica!
This continent of infinite ice was someday in the past ice free.

Ps: and about Osmanoviz, i believe that he is looking something else instead of reveiling the the ''Triangle of pyramids'', something in the middle... where the tunnels lead...

edit
--------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Xphilesphan
I read somewhere that James Cook found ruins in antarctica and "talking books." I cant seem to find where I read that. Wonder if anybody else has heard this?

It's not only that!
AtlandisTV on an expedition to creat a documentary in Antarctica has been gaged by CIA not to expose ruins..!

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Dragonlike]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:17 AM
link   
There are lots of hills that may be something else.

Three Hills, Alberta, Canada are near a motherlode of Dinosaur foscills. Does that make us want to see if there is anything inside those hills.
Most people don't even consider them to be more than hills. When I see pictures of Giza...it reminds me of Three Hills without soil and grass.

There are now studies going on that are looking into the fact that under the blocks, some of the pyramids have been poured.

There have been other societies on this planet, thousands of years before the humans of today arrived on the scene. That is why the artifacts are confusing.

home.hiwaay.net...

This will give you some idea of the ancient sites, linked by geometry. My main question is, was this just coincidence or was it planed that way.

The idea that we are the most advanced civilization to inhabit this planet, doesn't add up, if you look at the evidence.

Antartica has been hidden from our greedy paws. Any artifacts, preserved under the ice, may come out in the open soon......ps. keep driving those SUV's folks. Oh ya....

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Interesting. You know, last year, there were headlines even on Fox News about an "Anomaly Discovered Under Lake Vostok" in Antarctica. They said that a ground-penetrating radar satelite up there in orbit, caught snapshots of some kind of "man-made structure" about 2 miles under the surface.

Source - Quickie Read (1 paragraph)

If its ancient, its the most ancient man-made structure we've ever seen. If its not, then maybe the Depoartment of Defense has some explaining to do... Antarctica is a demilitarized zone.

I want to hear more about this - but nothing from the news, or Google.

Cool so whats my point?

Back to the pyramids... I would think that the same ground penetrating radar satelite would have noticed if there was sone sort of man-made structure under the pyramid form of the mountain. I mean, thats right up at the surface, while their radar found something 2 miles underground.

Of course, I could be very wrong about that. But it seems to me we would have heard about that one already... especially if we have already heard about a sructure 2 miles straight down near Vostok.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

We have found pyramids pretty everywhere

actually the only pyramids in the world are in Africa and a few much later ones in Italy
the rest are tombs, temples or ziggurats

so where is the last continent that we have seen nothing yet?

there is a good reason there are no structures built in anatartica
I think you might be aware of it

This continent of infinite ice was someday in the past ice free.

yes it was
35,000,000 years ago
thats about thirty five million eight hundred and eighty thousand years before the species responsible for building pyramids on this planet first evolved

Osmaganic is a complete fraud
Dr Robert Schoch has already exposed the fraud that he perpetuated on the tunnels which are in fact nothing more than old mine shafts which litter the entire region and have long been known about by local geologists, farmers, archaeologists and soldiers.
there have even been books written about them
no one up until Osmaganic came along claimed that they had been built by alien maya from the pleaides

Semir Osmaganic
According to the archeologists the tunnel which leads through the pyramid to come to the temple represents a road to the underground world. Here, and in Egypt, and in Peru… we are constantly talking about the underground, life after death, a hellish world of three or nine levels. This strikes me as a particular failing of our archeology and anthropology.
If you walk in front of the Sun pyramid (i.e. our world, this dimension), you enter a tunnel which takes you to the temple with the Sun, spaceships and the center of the Galaxy. This, then, is a symbolic representation of star scouts, not of the unfortunate soul headed for purgatory.
The Hopi Indians speak of a tunnel, in their legend of Sipapu, which leads to various worlds. Sipapu is that living thread (information) which connects the galactic nucleus, solar systems, and various planets as well as various worlds.
The Maya have Kuxan Suum which is an inter-stellar walkie-talkie by means of which information is transmitted throughout the cosmos. Among those pieces of information there are also high frequency scouts, the Maya.

what does he mean by high frequency scouts the Maya ?
tune in next time to find out

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
the best thing about this thread was Marduks story nice one!!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Do we have any pictures or anything? That would be really nice...there isn't much we can go on at the moment.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join