It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientist see bionic man in 5 years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
www.ft.com...

Will this be the first step in human evolution? Will people with normal arms and legs want a bionic arm or leg as they become more advanced? Will they hook these parts up to the internet and then your brain could be communicating and accessing information from online. This is something to think about. I don't fear it because it seems like this is a natural progression. I mean a computer/brain interface will make humans smarter and then you will have regular humans and enhanced humans and evolution will kick in between the two species. It will then be survival of the fittest.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by polomontana]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I'd love to have bionic arms or legs.... awesome.

I could get the flipper/foot option for those wonderful days at the beach.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
amazing...

just think, if we the public are just learning about this technology now, then imagine what lies developed in secret.

x08

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Well let's build on this~ what would you guys want to do?

Me? I don't really need super-man like powers, but some bionics would still be nice...

Bionic eyes, with heat (infra-red?), low-light, zoom, record and x-ray functions.. also a visual overlay that connects to the internet with usage controlled by thought (if not possible, then perhaps by context sensitive movements of hands/arms)..

Bionic ears with focusing and zooming ability (also with a record function)

Bionic nose... just a filter feature for this to filter out some of those awful smells you smell on the street...

Titanium bones (I'm a biker... bones that don't break when crashing would be nice)

Bionic lung that self replicates oxygen, meaning I can stay underwater as long as I want...

Bionic hand with a mobile phone built in and a 3D hologram projector for playback of recorded video.

Bionic arm with watch/stopwatch/calendar... perhaps also a compartment for cash/cards...

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Out of all of those, if I had to choose one, I would choose the eyes...

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Eyes? Nah, the ol' bionic left arm would work wonders for me... Like Will Smith in I, Robot... It would kick arse simply because I can look like the FullMetal Alchemist... Hehe

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
if they actually did come out with super strong bionic arms etc that would kind of suck because then there would no longer be a natural competition, for anyone who was naturally stronger etc it would no longer matter everyone would just go to the store and buy some new parts. i mean hasnt anyone thought but about some of the implications at all, would you like to be walking down the street and have your spine snapped in two by some bionic muderer, would you like to run a race in the olympics against a bionically altered man, would you like to be raped by a man who was haklf of a machine and have no chance whutsover against his mechanical strength?

give me a break, who knows what millions of problems would arrise from this
another problem with this would be there would be no actual survival of the fittest, everyone would just be equal and perhaps this would put a hault on the evoloution of people, but god knows whut kinds of problems everyone would have with their parts i mean man cannot really replicate something as perfect as an actual body, im sure if there was an emp wave or mega solar wave then people might be rendered useless

scientist would finally then come to the realization that the only thing holding back bionics and machines was people themselves so then im sure full robots would be created and then im sure an outcome similar to the movie irobot or terminator would break loose

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There are always risks to new technologies. When ancient man learned how to start fires, I'm sure they burned a few forests down. That doesn't mean we should have never learned how to use fire.

Personally I think this bionic stuff is pretty cool. When I was a kid I always wanted to be like bionic man. Though I'd prefer to wait for a nanotech alternative.

posted on Aug, 21 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

well i dont know i guess i just feel there is a slight difference between making fire and playing god

top topics

join