It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we were the 'aliens'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I read a lot of the posts here talking about 'what ifs' such as alien invasions, crash landings of ufo etc etc. They are all great reads, but I am looking at it from another perspective.

What if (in a few years) when man first lands on Mars/another planet of your choice, we find another civilisation? Unless they had been here secretively they would consider US the amazing technological race that might need to be thwarted. Also, what if we found untapped resources of oil/minerals/precious metals etc, that sureley would be too much for Tony Blair and Dubya, they might just kick the hell out of the aliens and pinch all the resources!

What do you think?

Ben

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
They will see us as almighty ones and will worship us and establish churches, just like we do today.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wow, thats pretty deep, even for me.

Seriously it is quite plausible. Imagine we finally gain the ability to travel to a planet were another civilization is and they are just like us only they are about as technilogically advacned as we were in the 16th century. That would be quite amazing and in my eyes, more likely than us meeting some strange alien race that doesnt resemble us at all. Again though, i dont believe in little green aliens.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It could happen, but I doubt it would anytime soon, I still don't even think we've been to the moon yet, so I doubt we'd ever get to a planet with life on it.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
That the 'aliens' we see are future US. And even those ancient accounts of 'visitors' are future us going back in time.

In which case, we aren't just the Aliens...WE ARE GOD.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
:scratches head: What? You lost me there...

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If we did find another planet and tried to harvest their resourses do you think that our governments would let us the public know that they are doing it?
I'm sure that there would be a public outcry if we did know (I like to think so anyway)

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
That's what I mean. Future us would exist along side current us and past us, but only future us has the technology.

Aliens would then be historians. Perhaps even the 'missing link' that gave neanderthal man the God Spark was future humans (aliens) messing with genetics in the past.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
No way, they hardly tell us anything now, like they would let us know they were raping some planet.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well, before we find another planet with life, the aliens will be back again. Don't worry, first 1,000 years will be a technological singularity, Apocalyps will happen later.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by benjj

What if (in a few years) when man first lands on Mars/another planet of your choice, we find another civilisation? Unless they had been here secretively they would consider US the amazing technological race that might need to be thwarted. Also, what if we found untapped resources of oil/minerals/precious metals etc, that sureley would be too much for Tony Blair and Dubya, they might just kick the hell out of the aliens and pinch all the resources!

What do you think?

Ben
When, and if, we land on another planet with "intelligent" life, we need to know if this life is advanced in technology--are they peaceful seeming, or do they possess defensive mechanisms with the potential to harm humans.

That would be a possibility of humanity in the future to establish interplanetary colonies due to untapped resources in outer space. The question is, how do we know that we won't get attacked by extra-terrestrial life?--Thank-you, NASA, for scoping out other planets before human contact!

posted on Dec, 20 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Beings are peacefull until their chances of survival are decreased. If we come, we will increase their chances of survival (technological singularity) so they will be peacefull. Only after the singularity they have the power to go against decisions of the ones which gave them that technology.

And looking at the Mayans and Egyptians it doesn't help very much that Nasa is looking for other planets, because we won't be there before they are here

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Maybe we were planted here from another planet?

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
what if we assumed because they were less intelligent than us they would be a pushover... but like in starship troopers it turns out the aliens kick ass and beat us back... no matter who/what we stumble upon we are bound to underestimate them as humans have a tendency to think highly of our capabilities, more highly than truth it may be... but i'm sure once we get galactic travel there will be worlds that we 'invade' and just like the aborigines in australia, and the native americans/aztecs/incas etc, if we prove dominant we will destroy a rich culture before we get a chance to study it

new topics

top topics

join