It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Cayce's Answers to the Usual ??'s about God

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce was a man who channeled our higher selves (according to the person who had requested the reading - most usually it was their higher self)
and also two Archangels; but only when asleep. When he awoke he was as new to the information as anyone else. Much of the medically oriented information was, as he himself freely admitted, way over his head.

So the man Edgar Cayce is not an active participant in Edgar Cayce the sleeping prophet - just so it is understood that Edgar wasn't matured enough spiritually to be a waking cognizant prophet - but that it was it was more than likely he would in the next life...circa 1998.

And what i am going to share is only from Edgar Cayce the sleeping prophet. Not a man awake like us but a voice for the sons of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Remember: the spirit of prophesy is the testimony of Jesus Christ.

We might hear crazy things from God's messengers...but if the basis of their testimony is in honor of Christ Jesus/Jesus Christ..then it is authorized. No one can fake true devotion as legitimate sent witness. If you are it bears up. Edgar Cayce was - i will try to share with you what i've so far discovered.

God seeks all to be one with Him. And as all things were made by Him, that which is the creative influence in every herb, mineral, vegetable, or individual activity is that same force ye call God--and seeks expression! Even as when God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. For, this is law; this is love.

Edgar Cayce Reading 294-202

-------------------------------------------------

All the readings i quoted above, verbatim, are: Edgar Cayce Readings © 1971, 1993-2005 by the Edgar Cayce Foundation

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Forgot to add:

So...ask a question and i'll see what i can find in the readings to answer it.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
ok, i'm just going to preface my question by saying that i do not buy any of what cayce has ever said

but, for fun, i'll ask this "where did god come from?"

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
okay
i'm on it, madness

i don't think i've ever read it there so it might take some searching.
but i won't give up

thank you

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   

9. In this sense the Entity finds the greater advantage in self through the experience of the earthy plane, hence many conditions as are seen through the Uranian influence with that of Venus brings the pure love of all forces that are of the scientific turn, as well as all occult influences upon the life not only of the mental body, but upon the entity as a body. These and the dissemination of the truths gained by the Entity in self's own material consciousness should be the work, the labor, the expression of self in this present plane, for in losing self in service for others, that have only an inkling of the oneness of life, of time, or the all-creative energy, the Entity builds in self that of the oneness with self and that universal all creative force, and will gain the consciousness of being self, yet a portion of that All-Creative force, which is known or called by man "God".

This is from:

TEXT OF READING 105-2 F ADULT

This psychic reading given by Edgar Cayce in Birmingham, Ala., on this 29th day of January, 1928.

P R E S E N T

Edgar Cayce; Mrs. Cayce or Morton Blumenthal, Conductor (both present); Annie Avent, Steno. Mrs. [105].

[Same © as on the OP]

I don't think there is any source given for the Creative Force, madness. It is pretty much standard on that count, it seems.

Our collective consciousness is this Force, from what i personally understand intuitively. I think it might also be mentioned in the readings as such so i'll keep looking.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
here are two definitions according to how these terms are used consistently in the readings:

COSMIC CONSCIOUSNESS
A mystical experience of bliss in which an individual becomes aware of and attunes to the unity of the whole universe.

CREATIVE ENERGY OR CREATIVE FORCE
Cayce used these phrases when referring to god, especially the energetic manifestation of the divine as the life force within the body.

i called it 'collective' but that isn't in there at all - 'cosmic' seems to mean the same as i meant.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce actually had the whole "A Search For God" research thingy. You may find some answers there Annie and Madness..

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Edgar Cayce actually had the whole "A Search For God" research thingy. You may find some answers there Annie and Madness..

What precision! I actually have the two book set with the aforementioned title but have not read them yet. Any suggestions?

Regards

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Foundation, I have actually read the first one. It's been many,many years ago though. I can't quite remember the details of the book.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have only one book about Cayce...on the Akashic records...but actually i prefer to just get everything directly from the readings. Someone else writing about Cayce is probably good to understand the quality of what was channeled..but the readings are verbatim and complete as transcribed by his devoted secretary, Gladys Davis.

i pretty much had great help from the readings in my own 'search for God' and so i think that anyone could do it directly.

It's kind of like reading a book about Nostradamus as opposed to reading the quatrains themselves. It isn't filtered or interpreted by a third party.

ya know?

just IMO

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
i pretty much had great help from the readings in my own 'search for God' and so i think that anyone could do it directly.

Hello Queenannie,

When you say directly, are you referring to some sort of meditative connection? With say a higher dimension of thought and / or understanding? Not to derail, but if the prompting idea is sincere and the subsequent written expression aims to convey that idea, why is their skepticism? The idea is sublime and pure in conception but as it takes material form it invariably becomes tainted to a greater or lesser degree by impurity. How does one communicate the purity of the idea desire without subverting the conceiving intent? Its almost as if thoughts themselves appear orgasmic and then udergo logarythmic decay as a function of entry into the material sheath. A spark initially, infinitely bright and overwhelming slowly decays into nothingness? It almost seems like the entire creative effort is pointless? For who can focus solely on the Divine and in so doing slip unawares into death through material mismanagement; causal neglect?

Regards

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
oops
i didn't mean to sound snipey
i wasn't

i have a lesson i want to post which comes from the readings...i think there is a book with all these lessons - it might very well be 'Search for God.'

WHAT IS MY IDEAL?
"I sit with my ideal all the time,
He is nearer than hands or feet,
Nearer than the breath I breathe." [E.W.?]

MEANING OF AN IDEAL - Our ideal are ever present; they are either consciously or unconsciously the basis for the motivating forces in our lives. What is an ideal? We are told that mental concept, or that conceived as a standard of perfection is an ideal. Mind is the builder. We are ever striving toward something to worship, something to love, be it physical, mental or spiritual. From our experience we form ideas; then through the action of imagination we sometimes confuse these ideas with ideals. AN IDEAL MUST BE SOMETHING BEYOND AND ABOVE US THAT WE EVER BUILD TOWARD. To bind ourselves by calling our ideas ideals means the beginning of decay in the soul structure which we have builded.
IDEALS GROW WITH DEVELOPMENT - In childhood the height which we hoped to reach was lower by far than the one that we placed as a goal in youth. We recall that the God we worshiped in our childhood has grown to the Spirit we now call "Abba Father". So, as we build onward and upward, our ideals enlarge until they reach the height of perfection, the source of all Good, the Creative Energy of which self is a manifestation.
From the physical, mental and spiritual viewpoint our ideals are patterns by which we endeavor to shape our lives. We must understand the meaning of "The Oneness" and merge our physical and mental ideals in the spiritual ideal of the soul. A student of Truth relates the following:
"I had a direct message to teach Truth - the Truth as set forth by HIM, my Ideal. I started out, blindly; for I knew but little to teach. Days passed; days of toil, disappointment and heartbreaking loneliness - spiritual loneliness. Finally one morning, after much prayer and meditation, there came a light, an uplifting, a glorious Presence that bore witness that I had chosen the right Ideal. The voice said: 'Not by power, nor by might, but by my Spirit, saith the Lord.'"
"I had indeed had my wilderness experience, but I was not willing to follow the Voice. I tried to push it off, I thought I must now demonstrate my fitness to teach the truth, for I had indeed felt the presence of the Lord. I was trying to make the pattern fit my narrow finite mind, and not willing to trust my Ideal, come what may. I had other lessons to learn - for months. I was hurled down, down to disappointment, ridicule and shame, yet I never forgot the Presence that had one sustained me. Again it lifted me up - but only when I was willing to see, accept and know, that it is: 'NOT BY POWER, NOR BY MIGHT, BUT BY MY SPIRIT, SAITH THE LORD' that one can go forth conquering and to conquer."

Our spiritual pattern should not be trimmed to fit us, but we should grow to fit the pattern, whose maker and finisher is God.

THE TRUE IDEAL - The true ideal is the highest spiritual attainment to be reached on this material plane; hence, it follows that our ideal must be found in Christ, who is the way, "For he that climbs up some other way is a thief and a robber." All real seekers after truth recognize this, although they may have different ways of expressing it. The following quotations will illustrate this:

"To think, to speak, to act from the consciousness of my divine self that I may be like Him and do the things that He said I could do, and to help those who have not heard His voice - this is my ideal."
"Thou glorious ONE, radiant beyond finite mind, I would manifest Thee more fully. Thou tender and loving Father, for Thy Son's sake, give me the earnestness of the Spirit to bear witness with my spirit that I am a Son of God, and to fully realize that my brother is at one ment with Thee. Awaken me to the newness of life, peace, love, knowledge and understanding - then, I shall have reached my true ideal."
"My ideal is spiritual in essence, regardless of where it leads. Christ the guide, Christ the leader, Christ the way. His ways are my ways, His ambitions are my ambitions; for we are the Sons of God and should act as such. God's will is my Ideal."
"My Ideal is to be perfect channel through which the will of the Father may be done, whether in the physical, the mental or the spiritual plane, and to return to that oneness from which I came - or from which I was sent. My hopes and desires are in the One, by which all were created."

These are expressions of what our spiritual ideals should be: In Jesus we have the way; in Him we have the example; in Him we have all the attributes of the Ideal manifested. His teachings and life of service to His fellow man show us the way we, too, must tread in attaining the height He reached. When in our relationship to our fellow man we are so perfected in the Christ-Consciousness that each word, each thought and each deed brings a blessing to those we contact, then we may be sure that our ideal is the true one.

ATTAINING THE IDEAL - The ideal cannot, should not, will not be that as is man-made, but must be of the Spiritual nature, that has its foundation in Truth, in God. Know the first principle. THE GIFT OF GOD TO MAN IS AN INDIVIDUAL SOUL, which may be one with Him, and that may know itself to be one with Him and yet individual in itself with attributes of the whole, yet not the whole. Such must be the concept, must be the ideal, whether of the imaginative, the mental, the physical, or the spiritual body of man. All may attain to such an ideal, yet never become the ideal, but one with the ideal, and such an one is set in Him.
With this ideal once set, there can be no fear. There will come to each of us that grace to dare to be a Daniel, to dare to stand alone.

We attain our ideal by seeing the Father in others. Let our prayer be:

GOD BE MERCIFUL TO ME! HELP THOU MY UNBELIEF! LET ME SEE IN HIM THAT THOU WOULD HAVE ME SEE IN MY FELLOW MAN. LET ME SEE IN MY BROTHER THAT I SEE IN THAT I WORSHIP. [262-11]

This is reached through Christ. It takes the penetrating light of Spirit to discern the Divine spark of fallen humanity. It takes the mind of Christ to bless and not condemn, to love and not to censure.
The fields are now ripe unto harvest, but the laborers are few. We must work, work for the night of unbelief and doubt cometh. It is our heritage to catch the true concept of the Divine in all and be in truth co-workers with God. As there is raised in self more and more the Christ-Consciousness we become free indeed and with freedom comes the awakening - the awakening to the realization of the Ideal, not only in self but more and more in the hearts, the minds, the souls of others.

CONCLUSION - Have we chosen the Spiritual Ideal? Are the things in our own life measured by that Ideal? Are there the continued efforts on our part to put into practice or to count as worthy of self being the channel that will bring blessings to others? DO WE LOOK FOR THE GOOD IN EVERY ONE?
When we sincerely look ourselves squarely in the face and know that our standard is that we see in the other fellow, that our God is in him, there will come an uplifting that we have not had before. We will seek to magnify our Ideal and assist our brother to do the same. "Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful." (Luke 6:36) "For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you;" (St. John 13:15) and there will be peace, harmony, understanding, light that saves - even to the end.

Let each of us in our own way show forth His love day by day. Be not over anxious, but wait on the Lord, knowing that He is faithful who promised: "Be still and know that I AM." 46 Psalm 10 verse.

"Behold I stand at the door, and knock; if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I WILL COME IN TO HIM, AND WILL SUP WITH HIM, AND HE WITH ME." (Rev. 3:20)

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
oops
i didn't mean to sound snipey
i wasn't

Sorry, I was lost in a moment. Thanks for the info it provided the necessary answers and I didn't think you were snipey

Regards

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
You're taking advice from a guy who thinks he talks with spirits and archangels in his head??? You may as well be taking advice from a guy who claims aliens are beaming him messages of world peace through his hair dryer.

You need more than anecdotal evidence! This is absurd,

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Why is it absurd? To you, maybe. To me, not. To others, either or. I didn't ask for your validation but thank you for your opinion any way.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon

And that, "my friend," is your opinion.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

And that, "my friend," is your opinion.

You say "that's your opinion" like all opinions equal. Opinions aren't equal; some are clearly better and more informed than others. A Ph.D biologist's opinion on evolution holds more ground than a priest's.

The OP provides 0 evidence to support the radical claim of a guy that talks to archangels and entities in his head. That's a little coo-coo.

0 evidence = 0 claim to reality

There's as much evidence to support this stuff as there is the reality of the Lord of the Rings.

[edit on 2/20/07 by RedDragon]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You say "that's your opinion" like all opinions equal. Opinions aren't equal; some are clearly better and more informed than others. A Ph.D biologist's opinion on evolution holds more ground than a priest's.

Once again that is YOUR opinion.

Which you obviously are convicted about in regard to being superior to mine or perhaps Speaker of Truth's...
If that were so, then it could as easily be argued in the reverse sense.

But i don't hold the same opinion...to me, all opinions are incomplete understandings and no one is superior to anyone else - NO MATTER what their opinion happens to be...about anything.

This thread is obviously not something concerning anything you, personally, take seriously.

What's the point of intruding with such presumptuous comments, anyway?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The OP provides 0 evidence to support the radical claim of a guy that talks to archangels and entities in his head. That's a little coo-coo.

0 evidence = 0 claim to reality

[edit on 2/20/07 by RedDragon]

Really? An opinion, no matter whose mouth uttered it is just that, an opinion. That makes them equal as far as I am concerned.

By the way, what is "reality?" Do tell, prey tell.

[edit on 20-2-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

You need ....

Evidently not. Some do not need. You are applying your expectations and wants/needs to others' perspectives.

Queen, i got Edgar Cayce's book "The Companion" at home. I'll review some parts of it and contribute in time, promise.

But for now i would like to share where Edgar Cayce said something to the effect (paraphrasing):
"The personality of God is individuality"

I like the idea of Edgar Cayce's readings being a topic of discussion here in this forum. I'm sure the Akashic realm's librarian may like it, too.

I wonder if the Akashic librarian ever says "Shhh"??

That would be an appropriate subtitle on someone's avatar!

QueenAnnie38
The Akashic Librarian

mood: Fetish4Words
??

Love ya,
John

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join