It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Thread Flagging System

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Great idea, it gives users more input into what should be discussed more and also gives them a sense of pride in their ideas and how others feel about them. ((((Claps))))

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Will this flagging system be replicated for BTS and PTS?

I'd like to know this as well.

Because as the Flagging system is only applied to ATS, and the "subscribe" function built into the Flag icon, there is no longer a way to subscribe to a thread on BTS and PTS without posting to it.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
BH, there is still a subscribe link at the bottom of each thread in BTS, and probably PTS too, I dunno though, I avoid the latter like the plague.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
BH, there is still a subscribe link at the bottom of each thread in BTS, and probably PTS too, I dunno though, I avoid the latter like the plague.

looks like that, in case you missed it somehow.

Actually, it's still on the bottom of ATS threads as well....

[edit on 2/21/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I'm an idiot!

Thanks Implosion!

And Mechanic 32! Everyone's a comedian! LOVE your ugly avatar by the way!

And will BTS and PTS have flagging also?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
And will BTS and PTS have flagging also?

I believe SO has said that it will be implemented soon. I'll search for one of his posts and see.

Ahh, here we go.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by conspiracy_101
Now does this flagging system work with PTS and BTS?

It doesn't yet.

...Yet.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by chissler]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure wether you've thought of these enhancements or not, but here are my suggestions for improvments anyways...

- Sortable New Post's list by replies, views or flags.

- Conspiracy masters should get an automatic number of Flags depending on their popularity(based on total number of uniques or page views).

- For older threads(that have not been active for 2-4 weeks) should not be flaggable unless it has say more than 1000 views or more than 50 replies.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
ok I'm clueless Ill admit it... where is the ranking threads shown? if you go to boadr home it takes you to all the different boards if you go to recent posts it takes you to all the recent posts for ATS BTS PTS so what am I missing?

I realy like the flaging system, I think it's a great idea. I have read some good posts because it was flagged many times.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
ok I'm clueless Ill admit it... where is the ranking threads shown?

The first manifestation is in the new site home page:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The prototype forum group pages are also where flagging comes into play:

Then there will be new pages for each forum that use a similar format to highlight flagged threads.

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ay, mama mia...

What?

I go away for a few days and now i'm really confused.

I guess i'll just learn, huh.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
What happens if I "flag" a thread but some timer after it turns out to be a hoax or a ATS joke, like the War of the Worlds re-enactment, remember that?

Could there be a way of "de-flag" the thread?

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
What happens if I "flag" a thread but some timer after it turns out to be a hoax or a ATS joke

It doesn't matter, because to you and our members, it was still an important thread in that moment in time.

If you feel a thread topic is important, flag it... regardless of how the topic may evolve.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
If you feel a thread topic is important, flag it... regardless of how the topic may evolve.

OK, thanks for the clarification.

posted on Feb, 25 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
*starts chanting 'Eddie Izzard!'*

Anyway, this is a great new (well, for me it's new cause I haven't been here in yonks!) feature.

Good work!

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
This is going to come off as sounding like a joke, but I'm serious about this...

Along with an ATS "Flagging system", would it be possible to also have a "Flogging system"? Think about how catchy that sounds. If you can bump threads up, shouldn't there also be a way to bump them down if you greatly disapprove of them? Plus it will balance out when some unbelievable story gets flagged hundreds of times and then turns out to be a hoax. Then from that point on, everyone can "flog" it instead of "flag" it.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Do you have a link that lists Flags topic's by # of flags, and the whole ats library by flags????????

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
This is going to come off as sounding like a joke, but I'm serious about this...

Along with an ATS "Flagging system", would it be possible to also have a "Flogging system"? Think about how catchy that sounds. If you can bump threads up, shouldn't there also be a way to bump them down if you greatly disapprove of them? Plus it will balance out when some unbelievable story gets flagged hundreds of times and then turns out to be a hoax. Then from that point on, everyone can "flog" it instead of "flag" it.

I like that idea. It seems like it would be very useful, when picking which threads to spend your time reading.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I think if there was a feature like that a lot of members would abuse it, unfortunately.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by rrahim1
Do you have a link that lists Flags topic's by # of flags, and the whole ats library by flags????????

Not sure about every thread on ATS as a whole, but there is the [top-flagged topics] button in every forum separately.

[edit on 2/4/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I see it now, you gota look for it hehe, its not as obvious as the flag button itself, but cool anyhway thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join