It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Quoting a Rocket Scientist"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hi to all. I am a longtime lurker and this is my first post. I would like to
relate a story that happened to me this weekend. I am open to any / all
questions or follow ups.

I was in Cape Canaveral this past weekend for a Family Reunion. We stayed in an "extended stay" hotel near the beach. Lucky for us, the DELTA 2 launch with 5 satellite payload had scrubbed on Friday and was
re-scheduled to Saturday. We witnessed a perfect launch on a near cloudless day at 6:01pm. What happen prior to the launch is the purpose of this post.

My family and I were sitting at a table by the pool drinking some brews. There were 3 men at the table next to us and they too were drinking some brews and were friendly. My sister struck up a conversation with them and we learned they had been at the hotel for
2 weeks and were vendors on some aspect of the launch. They said they
were from California and part of the QC team. Two of the men left the table and began grilling some steaks outside of the pool area about 100 feet away. ( They have gas grills for the guests ) One guy stayed and
we were joking that we were partying with Rocket Scientists. Anyway,
out of the blue I asked him some zingers. Q & A below.

Q Do you know about fast walkers?
A Surprised look, long pause, yes.
Q What do you think about them?
A They are not what you think.
Q You mean they are not UFO's or aliens?
A No, I don't believe in those.
Q Do you know about structures on the moon?
A Long pause. I have heard something, but don't belive it.
Q Is there and American flag on the moon?
A Long pause. It should still be there.
Q Well if there is no atmosphere, and we went there, why not?
Q Do you know of anything about Dulce?
A No, I have only been to White Sands.

About this time, his two buddies call him over to the grill, but he
stays and seems curious about my questions. They called him
about 3 more times and he ignored them. We were still drinking
brews and talking.

He said, "We are on the verge of....deeper understanding of such things.
I said, "Do you mean Disclosure, Full Disclosure?"
He said I suppose, probably around 2010, things will become clearer, like
an new awakening or understanding. I began to ask more questions and then his buddy comes over from the grill with tongs and a burnt piece of toast. He made it clear that we should not talk anymore and held up the burnt toast and said "You don't want to be like this do you?" He stood by his friend and put his arm aournd him FIRMLY and said let's eat and they walked off together with the grill guy CLEARLY leading him away.

After the launch, which I shot digital stills of, I went into the hotel lobby
and everyone was watching the replays on NASA TV on a flat screen.

I pretended to be taking pictures of the monitor and lobby, but I did in
fact manage to get all three of them in a shot or two.

We saw them a few more times but they were not as cordial as before and almost evasive. It didn't occur to me at the moment, but the "burnt toast" I think was a sign for us not to be discussing such things.

That is my account of what happened. I have been thinking hard about
the 2010 date and don't know if that was about the flag on the moon question, or my general curiosity of about UFO's.

I will be glad to post photos. (if I new how) I will mask their faces as
I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but could prove I was there.

So I will probably get flamed for this or labeled paranoid, but I really
thought it was an interesting experience. BTW, we were not drunk while
drinking the beers by the pool and I have not exaggerated our conversatoin. I have attempted to be accurate, nothing more, nothing less.

Anxious to know your thoughts on this since I have never had anything
to share until now.

ATS Rules!

Regards, Kinda Kurious

[edit on 18-2-2007 by kinda kurious]

[edit on 18-2-2007

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Wow! It would be nice in I had the same luck as you. Bumping into interesting people like that. Sorry, I don't really know how to put pics and stuff on ATS my self, so I really can't help you out there. There should be a help page some where on the site.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
You have to understand that rocket science isn't really as impossibly difficult or secret as you might think.

Just understand that if you assume that someone knows anything because they work on rockets.

Ex

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I would love to see the pics.
Wonderful post

Look here for posting images
handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Anyway,
out of the blue I asked him some zingers. Q & A below.

Q Do you know about fast walkers?
A Surprised look, long pause, yes.
Q What do you think about them?
A They are not what you think.

I believe your recount of your exchange is an accurate reflection of what happened.

I believe your story is real, and that the individual you were having a conversation with was in the know concerning certain aspects of the ufo phenomenon.

The fact that you chose to omit his face (and there faces) does not hurt your case, but rather reinforces your belief that he was telling the truth, and that you feel obligated to protect his identity should further validate your claims.

an new awakening or understanding.

"time" may be an aspect that many are not taking into account, which would justify anonymity and secrecy.

I believe those in "the know" are anxious for the truth to come out, but the time table may not set by those who are here. This is not to say that those who know the truth behind such phenomenon do not want others to know.

ATS Rules!

It most certainly does!

Regards, Kinda Kurious

Welcome to ATS, and thanks for sharing!!

thanks again,
E.T.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nice experience, a bit unsettling I bet it was? Did the guys happen to mention who they worked for? Being from Cali. they could be involved in just about anything. Especially where NASA is concerned, eh?

HA! Wouldnt it be ironic if the guy you were questioning was acting weird because he was thinking the same things about you? Thinking that you were some kind of "operative" or something like that? I mean if some stranger came up to me out of the blue asking fringe Q's my hair would go up on my neck a bit.....

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
Did the guys happen to mention who they worked for? Being from Cali. they could be involved in just about anything. Especially where NASA is concerned, eh?

No they did not and I did not ask. I did go to Space.com to learn
more about the launch and they mentioned a joint venture between
UC Berkley and Swales Aerospace. Part of United Launch Alliance.

Could be the Berkley part as I don't know where Swales is.

More interesting info here regarding the 5 "probes".

www.space.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
What's a fast walker?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
A Fastwalker in its most purist form and a Fastwalker in its more glorious dress....

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I was in Cape Canaveral this past weekend for a Family Reunion. We stayed in an "extended stay" hotel near the beach. Lucky for us, the DELTA 2 launch with 5 satellite payload had scrubbed on Friday and was
re-scheduled to Saturday. We witnessed a perfect launch on a near cloudless day at 6:01pm. What happen prior to the launch is the purpose of this post.

My family and I were sitting at a table by the pool drinking some brews. There were 3 men at the table next to us and they too were drinking some brews and were friendly. My sister struck up a conversation with them and we learned they had been at the hotel for
2 weeks and were vendors on some aspect of the launch. They said they
were from California and part of the QC team. Two of the men left the table and began grilling some steaks outside of the pool area about 100 feet away. ( They have gas grills for the guests ) One guy stayed and
we were joking that we were partying with Rocket Scientists. Anyway,
out of the blue I asked him some zingers.

So, he was a QC guy. They do a valuable job, but they're not exactly the elite of engineering. He probably works for SSL at UC Berkeley (the system integrators for THEMIS), and probably has no access to any privileged information. Most likely, he was just speculating.

I should point out, however, that the same university has been charged with running Los Alamos, so it's possible he had a TS clearance. Still QC people are concerned with policies, processes, materials, parts, etc. - nothing high level.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I liked this account it speaks volume of how things such as disclosure and information of certain unspeakable phenomenon are coming available. The majority of public is stuck in routine of work, sleep, and eat. Some of us research and ask certain questions beyond the norm. Yet what happens is the majority shuns such ideas. I have to believe this is real because it is not out of the norm and seems stable enough and the pictures provide concrete evidence of place and time. Cool stuff....you should of dug deeper hehe...

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

an new awakening or understanding.

As i keep on saying to people, its all about 2012
It is real, its coming, and there is virutally nothing our elite can do to stop it, apart from installing as much fear and confusion as they see fit.

"So I will probably get flamed for this or labeled paranoid, but I really
thought it was an interesting experience."

I, for one, think you are telling the truth. In the end though, the only person your cheating if your lying, is yourself.

Many people would love to have been in the situation you've been in, you should count yourself lucky the guy actually decided to open up to you about these things!

Nice pictures btw. Living in the UK, with our non existent space program, i doubt i will ever get to see one take off. Again, your lucky

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I once had the thrill of witnessing an early morning shuttle launch from across the state of Florida. I was stunned by its magnificence. It was a pre-sunrise launch and when the plume left darkness and entered the illumination from the not yet visible Sun, it was breathtaking. Would have been '81 or '82, so most likely Columbia.

Now to the topic.....

I keep reading the exchange you had with this gentleman and cannot see that he is really revealing anything significant. Nothing about aliens or UFOs, nothing about structures on the moon, nothing about Dulce, "fastwalkers" aren't what you think they are, and yeah, the flag should still be on the moon.

I googled NASA and 2010 and the combination produced a slew of results. Most of course, useless. The shuttles are due to be retired in that year.....I saw a Mars mission with termination in that year....Maybe he was referring to just another NASA 'program' starting that year.

I don't know. This is like most 'evidence' submitted here. It looks more suggestive than substantive.

posted on Mar, 27 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
As the original poster, I was surprised to see this thread pop back up.

I am still around and stand by my original account of what happened. I made no bold claims or exaggerated any details. Just the facts. As disownedsky pointed out, the engineers probably weren't that high level or they would have been at the KSC launch complex, not at the hotel. I suppose by launch day, their work was done.

I am also still quite intriqued by the launch itself. The THEMIS probes are very interesting. ( Review link in my earlier post. ) The sole purpose of 1 of the 5 probes was to measure solar storms and eruptions. Haven't there been some doozie solar eruptions / flares lately?

Bottom line is this. One guy out of 3 wanted to talk and engage in conversation about such topics, and his other two buddies did not want him too.

Regards....Kinda Kurious

new topics

top topics

join