It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raelians want $2.95-million for ufo compound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
the founders of ats might keep this possibility in mind. its only 2.95 million. make for one hell of a place to throw an ats party. btw looks like the raelians are heading towards the U.S.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

As real-estate listings go, this one is out of this world. A property is on sale in Quebec for a cool $2.95-million, and it even comes with its own flying saucer.

UFOland, the playground and pied-à-terre of the white-robed prophet known as Rael, is on the market -- a onetime utopia that appears to have fallen to Earth.

The Raelians, who gained global notoriety in late 2002 after announcing the birth of a yet-to-be-seen cloned baby, say their popularity has peaked in Quebec. So they are packing up and moving south.

"We've been in Quebec for 30 years and our membership is saturated. Our future is in the United States," said group spokesman Jocelyn Chabot, who describes himself as a Raelian priest.

Now it's all available for the right price. The property, which is already posted on one Internet site, sprawls over 110 hectares in Quebec's Eastern Townships. It offers campgrounds, lakes, an amphitheatre, offices and -- for those with otherworldly tastes -- a condominium building in the shape of a spaceship.

The Raelian movement was started by a former race-car driver, Claude Vorilhon, who says an encounter with a UFO in France in 1973 led him to understand the true origins of humankind. The Raelians established their headquarters and UFOland theme park outside Valcourt, Que. It was put up for sale last year. The group's listing on LandAndFarm.com says the property covers 275 acres (110 hectares). The asking price is $2.95-million.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
For most ATS members, thats like being a kid in a very expensive candy shop! Though I doubt the forum itself could meet the asking price, I'm sure that some sort of fund raiser could be in order. Though I doubt people will contribute without some sort of "Land or refund" agreement.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Is that US or Canadian $?

That could work out to only just over £1million..

Cool, I'll take it.. Will they accept a button and some pocket lint as a deposit?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm disappointed! As a chemist when I saw the word "compound" I automatically thought of a chemical compound, not a building complex.

£1million wouldn't be much to pay for a compound if lab studies could show that it contains isotope levels not found on Earth and was definitely of artifical construction - say something that was manufactured on a nanomolecular scale and displayed exotic properties like superconducting at room temp (ok I'm dreaming now... )

new topics

top topics

join