It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

.) Not doing right when we have the opportunity. If you were traveling alone down a country road and saw a man collapse in a field, would you try to help him? Legally you may be trespassing on his property, so is it better not to get involved or try to say the man's life? Turning a blind eye is sinning as well. If you have the means to help, you need to help.

Saint, I am not certain that I would go so far as to try and perform CPR or anything like that, but I would certainly either use a cell phone, or, if no service was available,I'd certainly try to find a nearby home with a phone in it to call an ambulance.

posted on Mar, 1 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Saint, I am not certain that I would go so far as to try and perform CPR or anything like that, but I would certainly either use a cell phone, or, if no service was available,I'd certainly try to find a nearby home with a phone in it to call an ambulance.

When it comes to matters of the heart, what is more important, the action or the intent? Even using a cell phone or trying to find a nearby home with a phone is at least trying to help. I think that's what James is saying. He did not say "in order to take care of the widow, you must do this" rather simply to care for the widow. The great thing about Christ's message was showing us that the law was guiding force on how we should be thinking much less so than merely performing a routine. I think you're in the right mindest speaker, Biblically speaking.

Sin is all about the heart. Maybe performing CPR would cause further harm than callilng an ambulance? It would explain why you arrived at the scene instead of a freshly graduated HeartSaver. God knows what He's doing, it's therefore our role to see if we do.

<< 1   >>

join