It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Detailed information about Operation Northwoods

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Detailed information on Operation Northwoods

Psyops 101 - 8 minute video
www.youtube.com...

..................................................................................
Posting video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ
* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

[edit on 18-2-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Didn't watch the vid,but Northwoods is interesting for two additional little-noticed facts.
1) It's been hugely influential in forming convoluted 9/11 theories, the #1 source for inside job arguments, and it was released, of all times, just months before 9/11.
2) the parts on airplane trickery, remote control, swapping, aliases, Maydays, etc. - all on pages 9-11.

(check that with the PDF downloadable here)

Relevant?

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Caustic Logic]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The OP posted no commentary, or opinion.
I thought this was required.
Meh, I could be wrong, or, he could be special.

Lex

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caustic Logic
Didn't watch the vid,but Northwoods is interesting for two additional little-noticed facts.
1) It's been hugely influential in forming convoluted 9/11 theories, the #1 source for inside job arguments, and it was released, of all times, just months before 9/11.
2) the parts on airplane trickery, remote control, swapping, aliases, Maydays, etc. - all on pages 9-11.

(check that with the PDF downloadable here)

Relevant?

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Caustic Logic]

That's a good catch, especially the part about the timing of the release. The more that I learn, the more it seems like a lot of seeds were planted to grow the CT movement.

BTW, what's the history on how this was released??? How would anybody know to even request a FOIA to get this released???

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think Northwoods was officially released in the mid-90s under Clinton, spurred by the JFK movie and pop demand for docs from that era.

First publisged by NSA insider James Bamford. Northwoods was not an NSA plot, but JCS, but Baford included it in the "Fists" chapter of his "Body of Secrets: anatomy of the ultra-secret NSA" - remember NSA was a total secret from 1949 or whenever exactly until I think 1982. Decades of subterfuge, USS Liberty, etc. Bamford wrote "The Puzzle Palace" about them in 1982,Reagan had it blocked,then said okay and NSA became public kmowledge.They invited him back for Body, released in 2001. And there it is, first time eve... military planned fake terror attacks, drone aircraft, radar swapping, flying a missile into the Pentagon... wait, that one wasn't in there.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I think Northwoods was officially released in the mid-90s under Clinton, spurred by the JFK movie and pop demand for docs from that era.

First publisged by NSA insider James Bamford. Northwoods was not an NSA plot, but JCS, but Baford included it in the "Fists" chapter of his "Body of Secrets: anatomy of the ultra-secret NSA" - remember NSA was a total secret from 1949 or whenever exactly until I think 1982. Decades of subterfuge, USS Liberty, etc. Bamford wrote "The Puzzle Palace" about them in 1982,Reagan had it blocked,then said okay and NSA became public kmowledge.They invited him back for Body, released in 2001. And there it is, first time eve... military planned fake terror attacks, drone aircraft, radar swapping, flying a missile into the Pentagon... wait, that one wasn't in there.

12-7-9-11.blogspot.com... html

join