It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mothman/Thunderbird Connection?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I was thinking what if Native American accounts of the Thunderbird who brings storms and death is actually the Mothman? Both have redeyes, wings, and are huge..............just a thought

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Black
I was thinking what if Native American accounts of the Thunderbird who brings storms and death is actually the Mothman? Both have redeyes, wings, and are huge..............just a thought

I've never heard of the Thunderbird bringing death but I may be mistaken. If that is true then they both bring it. The Mothman is seen either before or after a deadly event, sometimes even both.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I had not thought of it, but I could definitely see a correlation. The Thunderbird could possibly not be attributed to death because of the population size of those communities and generally nomadic life style of Amer-Indians. The Mothman is generally "sighted" in more public places with a well established community and some important "civilized" structure: Point Pleasant, WV (Silver Bridge,) Chernobyl, Ukraine (Nuclear Reactor) etc.

The Mothman is at least to me the most fascinating crypto. I'm definitely going to look some more into the Thunderbird legends as I had not thought they could possibly be the same creature, not realizing the similarity definitely makes me feel like an idiot.
Nevertheless, good thinkin my friend.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It's very possible that the two could be one in the same. I might even say 75% chance that there the same thing. I have just have a 'feeling' that there not. but then again when I look at drawings of thunderbirds and then at pictures drawn of mothman it seems to connect the two together very well. All in all I don't know what it is.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
There's a type of aniSgina called a Raven Mocker that is real similar to the descriptions of "mothman". Less than six feet tall, wears robes, shows up at times of strife, has glowing eyes, flies, tells you your future but only if it's bad.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Thats very interesting I wasn't aware of that Tom. After reading a description of this thing it almost sounds like a demon or possibly a vampire(only because of the way it acts). It sounds very scary...

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   

OK i saw the movie a long time ago its the only reason i know the mothman story. After all the squatting all i can come up with is this this is the angel of death we're talking about here.

This is a bit of a strech so please bear with me.
just think about it he is an angel so he has wings and sure his eyes probably do glow red, we've never seen an angel that didnt glow somehow, and people that are about to die are the ones that see him.

i think he only shows up in places where humans dont have anything to do with thte looming tragedy, or else he defenetly would have been spotted in 9/11.

another thing about the mothman is why would he tell people who is going to die unless you could change it somehow. that would be a sadistic game wouldnt it.

well anyway sorry about going on like that, the point is i think the mothman is just the angel of death and those who stare at him get a glimpse of his intents

[edit on 2/18/2007 by razor1000]

[edit on 2/18/2007 by razor1000]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Edurus
Thats very interesting I wasn't aware of that Tom. After reading a description of this thing it almost sounds like a demon or possibly a vampire(only because of the way it acts). It sounds very scary...

Great-granpa was Eastern Band. I grew up on Cherokee horror stories from that side of the family.

Mothman is a dead ringer for a Raven Mocker. Mockers do have that vampire thing going for them but they don't suck out your soul in all the stories, sometimes they just screw with you like this.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I've never heard of a mothman taking on human form. But I have heard some creation myths of Native Americans, and in some cases they have vampires...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I've never heard of a mothman taking on human form. But I have heard some creation myths of Native Americans, and in some cases they have vampires...

Well, next time one of us runs into a Mothman, get you some green cedar tips and burn them. If the smoke drives off the Mothman like holy water and vampires, you got a Raven Mocker.

You have to have a pure heart too, though, so it might not work for me.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Here i found the site with some correlations between Mothman/Thunderbird
I think this was the site that originally gave me the idea

It explains about thunderbird coming after many of the natives died from hail, hunger etc. Accounts of mothman say he comes before or AFTER a great tragedy.
It explains when the hunter come close to the the great spirit they smell it.
In accounts of mothman people say they can smell a foul stench when its near.
It also talks of its eyes glowing like fire which match descriptions of mothmans eyes. Anyway site is www.atmos.washington.edu...

P.S. Thx baphomet and edurus

[edit on 20-2-2007 by Frank Black]

[edit on 2/20/2007 by Frank Black]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
ok man, your welcome. I don't know what I did but, ok.
GO HISTORY!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   

ok man, your welcome. I don't know what I did but, ok.
GO HISTORY!

You gave my theory a 75% acknowlegement

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
sadly i havenet seen the movie yet but is it a good movie guys i wanna rent it but no time

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien255
sadly i havenet seen the movie yet but is it a good movie guys i wanna rent it but no time

Its worth renting if u ask me. Its the only movie i know of on the mothman subject and its what made me start this thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
i mean i heard about mothman over t.v. but never knew its been around this long so can u tell me the plot or is a ducmantry ? sorry for spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
look it up,,,, The Mothman Prophecies, Starring Richard Gere

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Im still on it. I found a site that says more about the possible link between mothman/thunderbird

www.boudillion.com...

Take a look. It shows similar pics and stories

[edit on 2/20/2007 by Frank Black]

posted on Feb, 23 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
ok well im ganna go see what i can find out about that connection but, i seriosly doubt it u must have it confused with something else , and thanks for tip im ganna go see where i can get that movie

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think Keel mentioned in his book about a possible connection between Mothy and the Garuda too, did'nt he?

Its certainly a plausible idea, the Thunderbird connections. One detail does slightly bother me though. One of the Mothman witnesses claims that what she saw 'lifted into the air like a helicopter, without even flapping its wings'. Now whether or not there is a link, what kind of creature can do that? or could that be attributed to hysteria?

Just a thought

GU

top topics

<<   2 >>

join