It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to stage new military maneuvers...again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

TEHRAN, Feb. 18 (Xinhua) -- Iranian Revolutionary Guards will stage a new round of three-day military drills from the coming Monday, the local ISNA news agency reported on Sunday.

The report quoted an official statement as saying that "20 brigades of Revolutionary Guards' ground forces will join the drills, with the most modern equipment recently distributed to them."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

Sure Iran is not scared.

Sure Iran is not preparing for war.

Sure Iran's nuclear program is for peaceful purposes-:lol
i just can't say that without laughing out loud).

The real sad part is if Iran thinks it can win by sinking a ship or 2-even the big ones they r wrong.

That would only serve to piss off the US even more and would solidly put the whole nation behind slapping Iran down hard-IMO.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
yeah, it wouldrally the nation against them. However, I dont think they would attack because they realize they would be put at the top of the US Sh*t list.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
At the time of the first gulf war Sadam had the 5th largest military in the world it was anileated within days.

The US could whipe out Irans whole infastructure within a week. Iran is playing with fire and the US isnt messing around.

Iran is delusional if they think they stand a chance. Which we all know for the most part they are.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I fail to see how these exercises are indicative of the purpose or state of Iran's nuclear program; these actions are not necessarily aggressive in nature. It is only prudent for a nation to prepare itself when it looks like a larger, more aggressive nation is about to roll over it. You cannot fault the Iranians for prudence.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Orwells Ghost
I fail to see how these exercises are indicative of the purpose or state of Iran's nuclear program; these actions are not necessarily aggressive in nature. It is only prudent for a nation to prepare itself when it looks like a larger, more aggressive nation is about to roll over it. You cannot fault the Iranians for prudence.

Actually it is more sabrerattling on their part. The US did it, by moving more war ships into the area, and Iran is responding. In short it is just to let America know that it does have a military and that it is not prepared to back down.
What I believe the main problem is that we do not have alot of intelligence on the Iranian government and this will prove useful to determine what is in their arsenal if it did come down to a shooting war.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

TEHRAN, Feb. 18 (Xinhua) -- Iranian Revolutionary Guards will stage a new round of three-day military drills from the coming Monday, the local ISNA news agency reported on Sunday.

The report quoted an official statement as saying that "20 brigades of Revolutionary Guards' ground forces will join the drills, with the most modern equipment recently distributed to them."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

LINK

Sure Iran is not scared.

Sure Iran is not preparing for war.

Sure Iran's nuclear program is for peaceful purposes-:lol
i just can't say that without laughing out loud).

The real sad part is if Iran thinks it can win by sinking a ship or 2-even the big ones they r wrong.

That would only serve to piss off the US even more and would solidly put the whole nation behind slapping Iran down hard-IMO.

Please add to your list: 'Sure, i've been brainwashed'...
Then, google 'propoganda'.....
I'm Sure you won't even bother...

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
At the time of the first gulf war Sadam had the 5th largest military in the world it was anileated within days.

4th biggest on papar. There armed forces where outdated for its time and nearly all there equipment was from the 1950's, 1960's and early 1970's.

Secondly the main reasons why it was destoryed so fast was becuase of the speed in which armor could push into Iraqi zones with support from A-10 and apache/Cobra anti-tank gunships.

The Iraqi's where very poorly prepared for gunships and tanks and this can be seen in the slaughterfest of Iraqi tanks when British and American forces zoomed straight into bagdad.

Secondly the America/Allies payed off Iraqi generals to give up when US forces come in.

Iran is a whole new ballgame so you cant even compare the 2 countries with each other. The Iranians have manufactured tens of thousands of anti-tank weapons which could stop a american armoured ground invasion dead in it's track. They have been mass producing Toophan2, Raad-t and Konkurs-M Anti-tank Tandem warhead wire guided missiles by the ton since the 1990's and have thousands of them. A single hit of a toophan/Konkus-M will stop/disable or destory an Abrams tank and decimate a Striker IFV and Humvee. Also they have been manufacturing road side mines like the EFP weapons the Americans have been crying about being used in Iraq which can penatrate Abrams tanks easily.

American officers are particularly worried about the armor-piercing bombs that can shoot a large slug of molten metal through the thick armor of a Humvee or Abrams tank.
www.usatoday.com...

The officials showed journalists fragments of what they said were Iranian-manufactured weapons, including one part of an EFP -- which is strong enough to penetrate the armor of an Abrams tank
news.yahoo.com...

Not only can they destory American tanks which is something the Iraqi's could never do but they can also take out Apache gunships with Misagh-2 Generation 2 all aspect shoulder launched SAM systems which is another thing the Iraqi's couldn't do.

I think you have been brainwashed with too much pro-American propaganda in beliving that American can just waltz into any country it choses there are limits to American power and if American can not safely place it's armored vehciles in another person country then they can never take it over.

Raad-T

Toophan 2

Misagh-1

Misagh-2

Super Dragon

The US could whipe out Irans whole infastructure within a week. Iran is playing with fire and the US isnt messing around.

And Iran can also destory American infrastructure in the middle east with ballistic and cruise missile attacks if it wants too. This is a two way game and will be nothing like Iraq. Look im not hyping them up but reality is reality. The Iranians are much better equiped both in conventional warefare and especially in Guerilla warefare then Iraq or any other country that America has faced in the last 30 years in any head on conflict.

Iran is delusional if they think they stand a chance. Which we all know for the most part they are.

The Iranians have coastel batteries of Anti ship cruise missiles ready and loaded 24/7. Ofcourse they don't want war but they are ready for it and i think so called war mongering Americans really over estimate American capabilites. The Iranians have been preparing to storm sournding countries if attacked and launch guerilla attacks on American facilities all over the middle east.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
With a Democrat controlled Congress... and possibly Hillary winning the next election. WILL the U.S. even enter in a conflict with Iran?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
With a Democrat controlled Congress... and possibly Hillary winning the next election. WILL the U.S. even enter in a conflict with Iran?

Pay attention. Hillary is an Iran hawk, hell so is Obama.
The Democrats are just as Corrupt as the Republicans.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Awake and All Seeing]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Iran is performing these exercises due to the Unite States aggression and threats of war towards them. You'd have to be freaking stupid not to be getting your troops ready for war when another country is prepping to attack you.

Regardless of wether Iran had nukes or not, the US is hell bent on attacking yet another country, and would be doing so regardless.

I'm quite confident that Iran doesn't have any nuclear weapons... but if I were president there, and the US was threatening to go to war with us... I sure as hell would be trying to get my hands on them.

If I were president over there, I'd be getting ready to ensure that as many US soldiers are slaughtered as possible. Why? Because I know what I would do if any other country tried to tred on Canada... I'd annhialate as many of the bastards as possible, no matter who they are.

Your government is currently doing everything they can to make Iran look like an evil place.
They wanted Nuclear power plants because oil is soon to be a non-viable option for them. They want to ensure the future of their economy so that their citizens can live well.
I don't see anyone in America attacking the US government with the same anger over the excessive amount of nuclear weapons the United States has, so don't you dare try and say that Iran is "evil" or "up to no good" simply because they want a few nuclear power plants.

Iran has one hell of a military, and quite the loyal population to back it up.

Remember, Iran elected their government into power. They WANT them there, and any attempt to attack them over what will no doubt be bullsh**t reasons, I will have no sympathy what-so-ever for those who get killed attacking them.

You have no right to be there, no reason to be there, yet you seem to be eager to get over there and start killing again. Well you do that, if you believe so heavily in this up-coming war, you enlist. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS, ENLIST, AND GO OVER THERE AND SEE WHAT WAR REALLY IS.

The day when the US has pissed off enough countries that they decide to take the war to the United States... I'll be watching the news laughing. You will have brought it on yourselves.
Hypocrites.

top topics

join