It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians dont give a dam about global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:06 AM
link   
its quite amusing to see these knuckle heads in their expensive suits and fancy ties jibbering and jabbering about something like they are scientists.

those politicians in power dont care if the ice caps are melting. they dont care if species are becoming extinct as a result of global warming. they dont care about the changes in weather and storm patterns.

all the politicians care about is money, power, and not loosing any of it. take the liberals. they made kyoto. now everybody in kyoto is going broke because they are sending all their money to poor nations.

wow what a genius idea. buy a carbon credit and the environment will get better. how brain dead can politicians be? it does not matter what these politicians make us do. the release of chemicals into the air is not good for the planet, that is a known fact, but it happens every day.

global warming cant be stopped. nobody is gonna stop driving their car. nobody is gonna stop heating their house. nobody is gonna stop doing things they do because we are accustomed to doing these things.

all this nonsense politicians feed you is just so that you vote for them. thats all they care about. money and power. proove me wrong?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

global warming cant be stopped. nobody is gonna stop driving their car. nobody is gonna stop heating their house. nobody is gonna stop doing things they do because we are accustomed to doing these things.

Global warming is going to happen regardless, like you said. So why should politicians discuss it?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paresthesia

Global warming is going to happen regardless, like you said. So why should politicians discuss it?

because it is something that matters to average canadians and americans. oh sure its sad to watch the ice caps melt at an alarming rate, but thats not why the politicians discuss it.

they discuss it for the attention and for the potential of another vote going to them.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Maybe because Global Warming is a myth.

It would be like politicians worrying about unicorns!

Take a look at this site. Great info!

www.ourcivilisation.com...

According to the Greens, during the post-war boom global warming should have pushed temperatures up. But the opposite happened. "As a matter of the fact, the decrease in temperature, which was very noticeable in the 60s and 70s, led many people to fear that we would be going into another ice age," remembers Fred Singer, former Chief Scientist with the US Weather Program.

What's more, 100 million years ago, there was six times as much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere as there is now, yet the temperature then was marginally cooler than it is today. Many scientists have concluded that carbon dioxide doesn't even affect climate.

Although many environmentalists have been forced to accept much of the scientific evidence against global warming, they still argue that it is better to be safe than sorry. So they continue to use global warming as a reason to oppose industrialisation and economic growth.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Why continue to contribute to the problem? Why exacerbate it? :shk: I don't understand your line of "reasoning" at all.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
Maybe because Global Warming is a myth.

It would be like politicians worrying about unicorns!

Take a look at this site. Great info!

i have seen the info, but go to small town city and take a deep breath. then go to new york and take a deep breath. dont tell me you didnt notice a difference.

that smog goes somewhere, it goes up because hot air rises, and it stays up there eating away the ozone.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by misterfantastic]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Why continue to contribute to the problem? Why exacerbate it? :shk: I don't understand your line of "reasoning" at all.

Politicians should discuss politics because these things can actually be changed. By them not discussing it, we're not exacerbating global warming.

Scientists, climatologists, environmentalists, etc. They're here for that purpose.

Measures are being taken against the contribution to global warming and other kinds of pollution. Like making certain gases harmful to the atmosphere illegal. And other steps to helping our environment.

Am I misinterpreting this?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
ive changed all my regular light bulbs to those "better" florecent light bulbs. its not a big impact but it saves energy.

top topics

join