It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are You a Conspiracy Theorist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I am relatively new to posting on this site but I have been reading posts here for a few years now. I really like the website alot despite the fact that I really do not but into conspiracy theory. I have seen many bizzar things on this site along with some things that are very interesting. But my question, to anyone who cares to answer, is:

Why are you a conspiracy theorist?

Since I do enjoy this site I would really like to understand better why some people believe the things they do.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Conspiracy theory and research all boils down to one thing. People want to know the truth. People find holes in the stories that are being spoon fed to everyone and want to know the real deal. Conspiracy theories are all about just that, trying to find the truth about the things that have gone on and are going on in the world around us. You have many different theories ranging from conservative and well thought with evidence to support it when availible, to some that are completely out there. For me it's all about uncovering the truth. The governments of the world have lied and covered up so much over the course of history that people don't trust what they say and want to find out and expose the real truth. In all honesty I'm surprised that there aren't more conspiracy theorists in the world when history has shown time and time again that those in power lie to and manipulate the people under them to further their agenda. Sorry for the long rant but basically it's all about finding the truth, and I'm sure everyone here will say about the same thing. The search for truth is definately my driving force.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I wouldn't consider myself a conspiracy theorist per say, because I have not come up with one on my own. However I do follow what is being said because the truth is not what it seems.

I think the real question is, how does a dough boy come to ATS and question our motivations? What conspiracies do you consider questionable? Then maybe we can help you find your way.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Basically, it is a term for someone who doesn't trust a source for its information and leads a personal investigation to exploit information that can best fit to that persons expectation.

7A

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I find that the truth of things often lie in the middle of what many different people say. By comparing what the official word on an event is and what angle a conspiracy theory takes, I can often get new insights on people, events, organizations, etc.

top topics

join