It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New UFO Videos

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I've already made my mind up on these two videos pending any convincing rebuttal from other ATS members.

1st video shows a silver balloon.

2nd video is a cgi hoax.

My reasoning can be found a few posts back...

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
ArMaP could you tell us how you accessed those video's from You Tube to then view them in an image editor?
thanks

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I always convert those YouTube or Google videos to AVI or MPG

How do you do that?

That would be very usefull to me.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
ArMaP could you tell us how you accessed those video's from You Tube to then view them in an image editor?
thanks

OK, it's a little long but here it goes.

Those videos (from YouTube or other similar service) are downloaded to your web browser cache.

In Windows, if you use Internet Explorer, the best way to find this cache is to go to the "Tools" menu, then "Internet Options". In there you should see a section named "Temporary Internet Files", with a "Settings..." button. Clicking the "Settings..." button shows a new "Settings" window with a "View Files..." button. Click the button to see the cached files.

If you use a different browser or a different operating system then the location of the cache will be a different one, but it is always relatively easy to find. In my case, as I use Opera on Windows Vista, it is a completely different location.

After finding the cache you need to find the videos. This is a little trickier, because those videos usually use names that do not show what they are, but if you do this just after seeing the video then it will be one of the last files if you sort them by date. It should also be a relatively large file, the first video has 910KB and the second 3MB. The names, in my case, were completely useless, "opr03ETD.tmp" for the first and "opr03ETX.tmp" for the second.

I have seen other cases, when the videos came from other sites and not from YouTube, that they have a "real" name, or at least a "real" extension, like "UFO.FLV", for example, where FLV is the extension of the Flash video files, the most common format.

After finding the files that you suppose are the ones you want you should, if needed, rename them so they can be recognised by a player, in this case I renamed them to "opr03ETD.FLV" and "opr03ETX.FLV". After that I opened them in Riva FLV Player to see if they were the videos I wanted.

After this I could have used Riva FLV Player to grab the frames, but as I said I converted the files to AVI to see them in a video editor, but that is better left for a second post, if anyone wants to know the rest.

Riva FLV Player is freeware and can be downloaded from here.

Any questions?

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the information on how you do this ArMaP!

I'm going to try this out now following your instructions. We really do have to look at some of these video's in editors sometimes to tell if they've been tampered with or not -- or just to slow things down and so on.

At any rate, I've asked a few people here how to isolate those video's from that site and so far, you're the only one to actually go into detail on how to do that. Thanks once again... really appreciate it!

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Thanks for the information on how you do this ArMaP!

I'm going to try this out now following your instructions.

Dido

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
when the guy tries to zoom in and out to find the ufo at the end you can see the ufo is consistant with the zooming motion so if it's a fake it's a prety damn good fake.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hey torsion,

The solar reflection on the ufo is consitent with the spinning movement.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by selfless]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
Just spotted these on Youtube, and one of them is particularly interesting.

They were added 8 hours ago.

Venice UFO

^ That one is amazing. As always, the possibility of hoax is apparent, but either way it is one of those videos that just makes you stop and look.

I would like to see the preceding and following footage to be sure but it looks more like a balloon or crisp packet or something caught in a local thermal and reflecting the Sun. It goes bright at one point, as the Sun hits it.

It's a ****ing UFO

^ I spotted this somewhere just after it was posted, but it is interesting as well.

Mmmm. The videographer, if I can use that phrase has missed their chance of a film career. What the hell was going on? It looked like the camera work of some dodgy amateur bedroom scene adult site (whatever that is) if you know what I mean

On reflection some amazing work. That modern trend to film something with multiple cameras from multiple angles to make a scene interesting this person has achieved that effect with one camera. *applause*

The camera work was that dodgy I couldn't fathom it out, maybe thats why its moving too much. A few more watches perhaps.

2 cents.....over to you.........

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
Hey torsion,

The solar reflection on the ufo is consitent with the spinning movement.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by selfless]

Cheers for the frame shots people. I also noticed that when the camera guy zooms in to the UFO, there is nothing around the ufo to help pick out flaws to see if it was CGI, he could have easily made the ufo animation 'bounce around ' or so to speak to give it that athentic camera shake effect, if this makes sence... also notice theres a ORA type effect around the UFO, which could be CGI flaw , or could really be the UFO emmeting somesort of field, who knows. I tried to contact the guy but no luck, wouldnt mind the original uncompressed version of the clip.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

thanks

OK, it's a little long but here it goes.

Those videos (from YouTube or other similar service) are downloaded to your web browser cache.

Any questions?

dude i got a program which rips it direct from youtube, so you dont have to do it manualy, it saves direct to your HD in flv format. Its called 'DUKE:XIDEO'. Try google it because i dont have the direct link to download it atm , but when i find it il link you guys up. Its a awesome program, its basicly a mini browser which only allows you to view youtube videos, so what ever video you watch, u can just click 'rip" and it downloads it, all you have to do after is convert it.

found the link

dukelive.blogspot.com...

peace

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Thanks gtrilad! I'll try out your suggestions too!
If it's easier then that's great!

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gtirlad
dude i got a program which rips it direct from youtube, so you dont have to do it manualy, it saves direct to your HD in flv format. Its called 'DUKE:XIDEO'.

Thanks, it makes things easier and faster.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by torsion
I've already made my mind up on these two videos pending any convincing rebuttal from other ATS members.

1st video shows a silver balloon.

2nd video is a cgi hoax.

My reasoning can be found a few posts back...

I think you made your mind up long ago. I have only been lurking just recently but have noticed all your posts are attempts to discredit legitimate sightings. You evidently have an agenda.

BTW, the possibility of the first being a balloon is high. The possibility of the second being CGI, very low to none. The possibility of the second being a real craft, very high to certain.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I had not posted my thoughts about those videos, so I think that I could do it now.

To me, both videos could be of the same object or at least the same type of object, and the object looks like a balloon or an inflatable pillow or something of that kind.

What makes me think of these is the way the objects move, they move like they are being dragged by the wind, and the fact that they appear to tumble over themselves only makes me think of such an object and never of a means of transportation. As far as I know, I never heard of UFOs moving in that way.

Or they could be CGI, anything could be CGI this days, but I do not think so.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
gtirlad,

Thank you very much for the link :0

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The xido program didn't work for me and now i can't download it again.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If you have firefox you can just get a plugin that downloads embedded videos from metacafe, youtube, google etc.

Otherwise, i dunno how you'll do it.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Just wanted to thank everybody here for instructions and links for information on how to isolate You Tube video's. I tried out a few things but nothing was working for me but at least I had enough information at that point to figure out what I should google up to find something else and try it out. The utility on the following link worked for me.
vixy.net...
Here's how it works.
You just copy/paste the URL of a You Tube page into the box on the vixy website.
Then use the drop down list and convert the file to MOV for Mac (when I tried saving a file to avi, none of my movie editors would open that file format but the MOV for Mac (a quicktime file) DID WORK when I loaded it into Ulead Video Studio 8 -- probably would open also in most other video editors except Windows Move Maker which does not open video's in quicktime formats.)

Works fine in Internet Explorer.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
If you have firefox you can just get a plugin that downloads embedded videos from metacafe, youtube, google etc.

Otherwise, i dunno how you'll do it.

Ah yes i came across this in my search for a program to download the flash videos and i have to update my firefox to get that update add on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join