It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peanut Butter, anyone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Im looking at a jar of Peter Pan Peanut Butter. Lot Number 2111(ect.).

It is about 90%-95% consumed.

It was purchased in Sugar Land, TX.

After an elementary aged girl ate this, she became suddenly ill, throwing up and all. With 24 hours after I ate it, I became ill; I got the sweats, dehydrated, loose bowel movements, fever, and come-and-go stomach cramps.

The little girl seems to have recovered just fine and I am still in the recovery process, which improves daily.

Neither of us were ever in a state I would call critical.

The makers of Peter Pan Peanut Butter are advising consumers to discard the jars with this lot number. With baited breath and crossed fingers, I bet they hope we do.

Not I. Im looking right at it. It is sealed in a bag pending professional testing.

On Monday, I will contact the Harris County Public Health Department. I live in Fort Bend county but I dont care were the darn thing is tested. I just want to know if it is contaminated or not.

If it isnt, thats great. I move on. If it is, I'll go to the doctor to make sure Im not a CDC (Center for Disease Control) test case ready to happen.

If I check out healthy, ~whew~, lucky me. I move on. If not, we deal with it, step by step.

Anybody else have a peanut butter story? Just curious.

Peanut Butter Contaminated

(edited: forgot to add link)

[edit on 2/17/2007 by Genfinity]

apc

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I too am a proud owner of a 90-95% consumed jar with the 2111 lot number. No problems though. I think I'm going to finish it all. Yes, I am that hard core.

join