It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help with the bible please

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
hi can anyone help me i would like to learn about god/jesus ect as i have been reading alot about 2012 and jesus returning on ats of late.i dont know where to start and would like it to be as simple as poss to understand,like a bible for idiots would be great.thanks for all.peace

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgouk
hi can anyone help me i would like to learn about god/jesus ect as i have been reading alot about 2012 and jesus returning on ats of late.i dont know where to start and would like it to be as simple as poss to understand,like a bible for idiots would be great.thanks for all.peace

The main thing that you need to know is the Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. He died on the cross, then rose from death and will be returning soon.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
The second thing you should know is that this is the 'conspiracies in religion' forum. You might do better posting in the 'faith, spirituality, and theology' forum.

Here's a link for you:

Click here

wwn

[edit on 2/17/07 by wellwhatnow]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkyWay
The main thing that you need to know is the Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. He died on the cross, then rose from death and will be returning soon.
At least most of the great churches tell us so. The Holy Bible itself merely states that Jesus Christ was the Son of God, his first-born even. His death on the cross is meant to signify the ransom for Adams sin: because he, the only "perfect" human since Adam and Eve, could pay the ransom. Until his death, believers in Jahweh/Jehovah/JHWH had to offer animals for their sins to be forgiven.

Historically, or let's say from my perspective, he was a rebel against the system who told people to open their eyes and question their leaders' dogmas, follow the spirit of the mosaic law instead of the written word and who explained that Love is the most important of all the Ten Commandments. His healing (and other) "miracles" were results of faith: have faith, and you will shift mountains, he said. He thus became a threat to the Jewish elite of his time, because their system was based on blind obedience to the written word instead of love, faith and forgiveness. That's why they had the Roman governor put the death sentence on him - they weren't allowed to do so themselves, because Jerusalem was a colony of Rome at that time. The Bible says that Jesus was killed and resurrected after a few days - maybe he survived the tortures. If he has, he's surely dead by now (some claim he went east, maybe India, China or even Japan).

Christian mythology says God's only son ascended to heaven after his resurrection and will return to establish his kingdom on planet earth for a thousand years, by means of a global war called "Harmageddon". In those thousand years, earth will be made a paradise, the righteous ones will be resurrected from their graves, and after all is said and done there will be one last war, Satan destroyed once and for all and Jesus will return the crown to his father.

You may want to read Matthew, Marc, Luke, John and the Revelation (Apocalypse) and compare the Holy Scriptures to what religions say about Jesus, "the anointed one".

PS: don't buy that 2012 phobia. 2013 will be a splendid year for all of us :-)

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
For starters, don't just take someone's word for it. If someone tells you something have them show you where it says that in the bible.

One of the things that Satan uses to lead people astray is false religion. In genesis 2:17 God tells Adam to not eat from the tree or that he will die. But in Genesis 3:4 Satan tells Eve that she will not die by eating from the tree. So a sign of false religion is one telling us that we will live forever. Either in heaven or hell or wherever. According to God, we can die. Satan says it isn't true. That is one sign of a false religion. Saying the opposite of what God said. Just like Satan did.

As for Jesus being God, that is false as well but a lot of people believe it. If Jesus was really God then Jesus didn't really die on the cross which means that there was not really a sacrifice to atone for our sins.

Finding the truth is not easy. You do have to work at it.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I seek the key to unlock the understanding of the words that say

Let those "Who have eyes to see and ears to hear" know what the word is.........

IA

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
My opinion...
Read the Bible. Learn what it teaches.
Remember, it was written by men. Just like you, and I.
Read other books on this subject.
The Koran, Book of Mormon come to mind.
Form your own opinion.

Find and walk your own path.

Lex

Edit : Speeling

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Lexion]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
gargouk asked that it be made as simple as possible, so, I gave him the essential foundation of what the Bible teaches. Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and Redeemer of the world. He rose from death and lives forever more. He will return soon.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

gargouk asked that it be made as simple as possible, so, I gave him the essential foundation of what the Bible teaches. Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and Redeemer of the world. He rose from death and lives forever more. He will return soon.

"Jesus Christ is God in the flesh..."
That is not true though. Jesus is NOT God. Show me where to look that up in the bible if it is true.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Jesus Christ is God in the flesh and Redeemer of the world. He rose from death and lives forever more. He will return soon.

Wow. Just...wow.
Any proof of this ?
You made the statement. Please provide the proof.
As for the Bible, please see my earlier post, in this thread.

Waiting,
Lex

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Blueracer and Lexion,

In the the first chapter of John verse 14 it says the Word was made flesh and dwelt among men.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Blueracer and Lexion,

In the the first chapter of John verse 14 it says the Word was made flesh and dwelt among men.

I looked it up. That is true. But, even though Jesus is the Word, he is still not God. He is still the son of God. Not one in the same.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer

Blueracer and Lexion,

I looked it up. That is true. But, even though Jesus is the Word, he is still not God. He is still the son of God. Not one in the same.

Blueracer, in the the first chapter of John verse 1 it states that the Word was God.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Like I said, I looked it up. John 1:14 says "So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of undeserved kindness and truth."

Once again, it differentiates between the two.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Like I said, I looked it up. John 1:14 says "So the Word became flesh and resided among us, and we had a view of his glory, a glory such as belongs to an only-begotten son from a father; and he was full of undeserved kindness and truth."

Did you read John 1:1? It states, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Most importantly you should know that zombies crave brains, BRAIIINS BRAAAAIIINS!!!

Invest in a helmet.

As for the bible, if you wish to learn more about it, start at the first page and work your way through it. Then make up your own mind.

Also if you don't like to read, I found a site where they read the bible to ya;
www.audio-bible.com...

[edit on 17-2-2007 by Lysergic]

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Did you read John 1:1? It states, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 1:1 says "In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god".

It says he was a god. Not the God himself. Also read Acts 28:6 in which it says they began "...saying he was a god".

There are many gods but only one true God. Read 1 Corinthians 8:5 and 8:6. "For even though there are those who are called "gods," whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many "gods" and many "lords", there is to us actually one God the father, out of whom all things are, and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are, and we through him".

Psalms 82:1 also makes mention of other gods. "God is stationing himself in the assembly of the Divine One; In the middle of the gods he judges."

There are instances where Jesus makes mention of his "Father" when referring to God. In Matthew 7:21 Jesus himself says "Not everyone saying to me, 'Lord, Lord' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will."

So there are numerous instances in the bible that differentiate between God and Jesus, including Jesus making mention of this himself.

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

John 1:1 says "In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god".

It says he was a god. Not the God himself. Also read Acts 28:6 in which it says they began "...saying he was a god".

I am quoting from the King James version of the Bible. It does not say the "Word was a god", but clearly declares that the "Word was God." What version of the Bible are you quoting from?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I am quoting from the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.

What does the KJ version say in the other verses that I gave? Does it contradict the KJ version of John 1:1?

posted on Feb, 17 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I am quoting from the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures.

What does the KJ version say in the other verses that I gave? Does it contradict the KJ version of John 1:1?

The quote about Jesus being a god is made by what are described as barbarians. That was not said by His disciples.

But still, we are reading different versions of the Bible so it really is rather difficult to quote passages when they can be worded differently in each version.

I'll be back tomorrow.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join