It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP Anybody else hear a high pitched noise? ringing in your ears??

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Hello I just wanted to mentioned I've been unable to find ''tinnitus is a symptom not a cause'' in the A.T.S search bar and wanted to ask you to post a direct link .Thank-you take care _javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

edit on 13-1-2012 by spective because: spelling correction _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

I've had this problem since I was a little kid. It could be tinnitus but I feel like I was too young to have been exposed to noises that loud. I've always felt that everyone hears it but only few notice it. After all, even nothing has to have a noise, right?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I've found this thread maybe it will enlighten me when u read it in a min but I want to say firstly I have always heard that ringing sound since I was as young as I remember I used to call it 'the sound of silence' silly as that sounds as it was more noticible when it was quiet.. As I'm older it's less frequent but still I have it.. Others I've asked don't seem to know what I'm talking about when I try explain it

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Check this out about ear candles.

www.naturalnews.com...

I've used them before and it did help me to hear better.

Worth a try but be sure to follow the directions.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Its tinitus look it up. It might be caused by a number of things.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I've been hearing it for a few years now, I never really noticed it before that. I don't know if that was because I wasn't listening for it, or that it maybe it wasn't there before.

What I have noticed though, is that if I put my fingers in my ears to block outside sound, I can't hear it. This makes me think that the sound is not in my head, but coming from somewhere. Can you still hear tinnitus with ear plugs in, or not? Anyone know?

There is also a low 'hum' which accompanies the high pitched whine.
edit on 17-11-2012 by doobydoll because: sp

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
hey interested thanks for that link. someone posted a mp3 of the sound that they are hearing and its almost right on. montalk.net...
take a listen to this if you havent already. this is it to a T. btw what do you think about the being awake part of the discussion? if this sound has something to do with an awakening then that is truly interesting.

a couple of more tones
montalk.net...

montalk.net...

HIYA ...Well I'm this far into the thread ...and i have to say these are EXACTLY the sound especially the 2nd one!!

whoever the poster is that says the noise is 'inside your own head' no its not if that persons is then thats their business but i know for a fact its external as opposed internal!!

its not tinnitus either... definitely not!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by funkandroid
I've always thought of this as the "sound of silence". I use to hear a really quiet high pitched ringing when spending the night out at my Grand-parents as a kid. They lived in the woods and I grew up in the city, across from a milk processing and shipping plant. So the silence would, and still does, drive me crazy.

WOW how funny thats what i have always called it as well!! honestly i never had a clue what it was...im not sure about many answers on here..seem kind of dismissive and closed minded??!!

i like the frequency idea..

i always think of things like a tv or radio just cos we are listening/watching one channel doesnt mean all the pthers dont exist we just dont have our device tuned into them...i think its the same for other stuff too all existing on different frequencies...just cos cant see/hear dont mean its not there...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawangsobhikkhu

"It has a high pitch that is quite difficult to describe. Even if you plug your ears, put your fingers against your ears, or are under water, you can hear it. It is a background sound that is not dependant upon the ears. We know it is independent because we hear this high pitched, vibrating sound even when the ears are blocked."

That is exactly how it is for me. It is coming from within.
Glad I found this thread because I have noticed this ringing the last few months and it is non stop.
It does not bother me and I have nailed it down to being almost exactly at 10.000Hz.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Nicole101

I started a thread a while back entitled "Who is sending out this frequency?" It became a little overheated but some of the people had good insight and information on the subject. I was hearing it about 3 weeks ago but it is silent now.Since I started researching this , a ten yr old informed me that " it isnt silent anymore like it used to be. "a high pitched whine is the way she described it.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Sorry to resurrect a thread, but the discussion here seemed closer to what I've experienced. Due to my occupation, I also get a complete physical to include a hearing test each year, and pass with flying colors. Although I'm a bit older and heavier now, I've had this ever since I can remember. I've mentioned it to docs through the years, and to the person they're calling it "tinnitus" as it can't be measured or diagnosed properly. I leave it at that since I don't want to wind up in the loony bin by trying to describe things further.

I've had a constant, high-pitched whine "in my head" since I could form memories. I'm only aware of it in total or near silence--oddly enough such as the sound-proof booth for hearing tests--but can make myself more aware of it pretty much at the thought. It comes and goes in volume and direction, and on rare occasions something "pops" to the point it's the only thing I can hear momentarily, sort of like watching a quiet movie and a god-forsaken LOUD commercial comes on. The sound reminds me of the ultrasonic frequency when a CRT TV is on but muted. I can't seem to make a correlation between this "noise" and any particular event, emotion or state of mind, as it's always just kinda there. Anyone else?

Which reminds me...has anyone else just assumed a TV was on in another room and actually heard the muffled dialogue and music, only to enter the room and find everything was off? This happens to me frequently too.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I have 4 tones all the time. An F-16 engine, a C-130 aircraft, ACDC and most likely a lawn mower. I didn't read all the posts but it is really not curable since what it comes down to is loss frequencies and your brain makes it up those loss areas with a frustrating tone. Yep, your brain is making the noise, so unless you can tell your brain to stop it will not stop.

edit on 12-7-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join