It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP Anybody else hear a high pitched noise? ringing in your ears??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Sometimes ringing can occur for no reason. Others times you have constant ringing and don't notice it.

I have had ringing in my ears since i can remember, i also have extremely sensitive hearing. I asked the doctor about it and he said that some people just have very sensitive ears. High pitched loud noises cause me extreme pain in my ears, i can hear electrical equipment on standby, when people whisper downstairs i can hear entire conversations without any issue. My nickname is elephant ears lol.

I wouldn't worry about it, just accept it as one of those small quirks of genetics maybe. Unless you are over a certain age, have high stress, are overweight, have been exposed to extremely loud noise or have had this come on suddenly i wouldn't get concerned.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
I have had ringing in my ears since i can remember, i also have extremely sensitive hearing. I asked the doctor about it and he said that some people just have very sensitive ears. High pitched loud noises cause me extreme pain in my ears, i can hear electrical equipment on standby, when people whisper downstairs i can hear entire conversations without any issue. My nickname is elephant ears lol.

It's not an outside source you can hear that anyone other then you can hear, it's something in your head that does the buzzing noise.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Wow. Considering this thread was posted in the Conspiracy forum there are an awful lot of non-conspiratorial posts.

Hoppy, I searched ATS and couldn't find much on a hum with the secret-underground-base angle. Only one reference to Taos hum besides us here. www.abovetopsecret.com...
This ever so short thread references hum generators "used for keeping the population at bay" at federal prisons.

If anyone is interested in a more caballing thread on this subject try this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not trolling for posts to get points, I am just interested in the alternative theories of this 'humdinger' of a topic.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Mine is more like what DAlen said. If I become aware of it I can at times make it go away by "talking" myself down. I can make a point to concentrate on something else and it will go away. It has been going on with me since right before I joined ATS about one year ago.

I don't listen to an IPOD or any headphones.

It is nothing like a hum. A hum is a lower vibration, this is PIERCING and seems to be above the ear noise sounds more like a tuning fork sound. At one point last summer it would build and then go down, like locust do. But mostly it is a steady sound.

You know how they say dogs can pick up sounds we can't? That is what it seems like.

It mostly happens late at night, but lately I will wake up and it is there loud and clear.

The strange thing is it isn't really all that annoying. It has become as a friend, predictably reliable and present.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SnoodLover
Wow. Considering this thread was posted in the Conspiracy forum there are an awful lot of non-conspiratorial posts.

That's because it's most likely not a conspiracy.

[edit on 18-2-2007 by selfless]

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways

It is nothing like a hum. A hum is a lower vibration, this is PIERCING and seems to be above the ear noise sounds more like a tuning fork sound. At one point last summer it would build and then go down, like locust do. But mostly it is a steady sound.

You know how they say dogs can pick up sounds we can't? That is what it seems like.

like i said before this is it. its not a low hum its a high pitched piercing frequency..almost uncomfortable. with all of the news coming out lately about sonic weapons being tested makes me wonder if something might be going on.. like a frequency emitting from all of the cell phone towers.(but thats just my imagination running a bit wild)then again i wouldnt put it passed those twisted nwo nazi ninjas that everyone has been talking about.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It might be tinnitus. Be careful to protect your ears from loud noise, or it could get very annoying, not to mention the issues of hearing loss. Do you use headphones a lot, or find yourself in noisy spots without hearing protection? These will definitely aggravate this phenomenon.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless

Originally posted by SnoodLover

That's because it's most likely not a conspiracy.

I think many times a situation is not created to be a conspiracy but sometimes there are occurances that aren't planned and some hidden things are covered up by conspiratorial behavior to keep the lid on new tech, or side effects of things.

It isn't a conspiracy to break your Gma's antique vase, but you and your siblings may conspire to hide the incident from discovery.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I work as a sound engineer so I have a vested interest in this subject so please excuse the following rant.

I'd be willing to place money that selfless is right, if you listen to your ipod all day at work, that is going to mess with your hearing.

Basically if you cant hear someone talking to you when you are listening to headphones you are listening too loud and very likeley damaging your hearing.

It amazes me sometimes to be sat 10 feet away from someone on a bus and be able to know what song they are listening to, over the noise of a bus...crazy!!

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by myowncrusade
I work as a sound engineer so I have a vested interest in this subject so please excuse the following rant.

I'd be willing to place money that selfless is right, if you listen to your ipod all day at work, that is going to mess with your hearing.

Basically if you cant hear someone talking to you when you are listening to headphones you are listening too loud and very likeley damaging your hearing.

It amazes me sometimes to be sat 10 feet away from someone on a bus and be able to know what song they are listening to, over the noise of a bus...crazy!!

hey myowncrusade...thats just it..i dont listen to it that loud. actually kinda low so i can hear whats going on around me. i work in photogrammetry and there is conversation going on most of the day that i need to be in on. it is a team effort in order to get the project done so communication is one of the keys to that. i understand the point that loud music or noises can cause this..i know what its like after a loud concert trust me..maybe ive listened to too much loud music in the past and its catching up to me... but this is an unusually piercing. and like i said i just started noticing it about two weeks ago.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
Funkydog and I spoke about this in another thread.

I do have ringing in my ears when it is quiet. This was probably from loud music and lawnmowers and stuff.

But, there seems to be a different sound. Like that sound you hear when a TV or CRT PC monitor is on. The only thing is, both the TV and the Monitor can be off, as well as the computer and I still have heard the sound.

The times when I looked for it, I couldn't seem to locate where exactly it was coming from. So, I was thinking, is this coming from the wall sockets? I am not sure that my cable modem or my wireless router would make this sound?

Funkydog, where is the sound coming from? If it's coming from your ears, you might want to go ahead, and be safe and have your ears and health checked out. Get a physical checkup. Let's rule out physical problems. Ringing in the ears can very simply be due to ear damage.

Go to a physical doctor, not a Psychologist. If you have something outside the norm happening, a shrink is not going to help you. They will likely try to convince you that the sound is something that it is not. These are not real doctors anyway. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You could just tell the doctor something like, "I'm trying to figure out if this noise is coming from the TV or my ears. I hear it when it's quiet." And leave it at that.

If you are hearing the same thing I sometimes hear, it seems to be an external tone. Not within my body.

Troy

[edit on 18-2-2007 by cybertroy]

look if you are listening to somthing really loud you could be damaging your ear drum when you hear those really high pitches enjoy them while they last because its the last time you will be able to hear that frequency. also you might wan to check around your house something might be on causing it

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
FunkyDung

If you want to take it deeper here is a link from another website on the subject

forum.noblerealms.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
hey interested thanks for that link. someone posted a mp3 of the sound that they are hearing and its almost right on. montalk.net...
take a listen to this if you havent already. this is it to a T. btw what do you think about the being awake part of the discussion? if this sound has something to do with an awakening then that is truly interesting.

a couple of more tones
montalk.net...

montalk.net...

i also found this interesting....

Monitoring as well as picking up programming signals and also some background “universe” noise.
Q: (C) The reason we ask is because I’ve noticed a pattern. I even keep a log about it now because it’s so weird. I personally get ear ringing when it seems like I’m talking to somebody out loud or to myself about a theory about something that has to do with matrix stuff. (L) So you’re being monitored? (C) Right. So any time it seems like I’m having a breakthrough thought - you know drones, the matrix, the programs, holographic inserts - all of the sudden I’ll get like an ear ringing. Sometimes the left, sometimes the right, but I’m trying to find out what the pattern is. So I’m keeping track of it. (T) What process is responsible for creating the actual ringing noise?
A: Partly “interpretation” by neural processes that, at some level, recognize the potential and issue symptomatic warning.
Q: (C to T) Remember the one with Ryan, I said it was a warning one. It was the loudest ear ring I’ve ever had. It burned my ear. (L) So, in other words, seems that the C's are suggesting that your spiritual perception, psychic perception, is picking stuff up, transferring it in a subliminal way to your mind, and then your neural processes are trying to translate it and give you a warning. Is that what you were thinking? (C) I think so. I was wondering constantly about the idea, the concept of fake humans, holographic inserts, drones, organic portals, what ever you want to call it, and just what happened was weeee (a sound like ear ringing) and just really loud in my right ear. (L) So in a sense it’s like your early warning system. (C) Ummhmm. (V) You know I don’t even have to be talking to somebody, I can just be thinking about something and it’ll just zheeee (a sound like ear ringing). (C) The other night is was lying in bed thinking about what you said about drones…(L) I wonder if OP’s have ringing in their ears?
A: Ask one.
Q: (Laughter) (A) No, first of all there is also ear ringing which comes from physiological causes. (L) Yeah, tinnitus. So of course they could have physiological ringing in the ear. (C) It happens only when I’m thinking specifically about these kinds of matters. (T) Does the frequency of sound have any significance? (C) Yeah, ‘cause sometimes they're waahs, they're soft, there’s different tones you know, sometimes it’s in the right ear, sometimes the left ear.
A: Observe and you may learn your own internal “code.”
Q: (C) That’s what I thought, it’s like a code. (A) I think it’s like when people can use, what is it, a finger code, you can somehow train, bypass conscious interference that way. (L) Yeah, that’s what it is, it’s bypassing your conscious damping. We all tend to just think our ways out of things. (A) But the interesting question is can one somehow disturb this monitoring? Is it something physical that can…
A: Sure, the issue is to cover the many frequencies and shifts. White noise makers deal with some but not all!
forum.noblerealms.org...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Those tones have a muffling effect on my ears.

I think what I hear is higher pitched.

Since your ears are kind of muffled by it, perhaps you could send hidden messages to people this way? You might be able to implant ideas into people this way? So, could it be mind control attempts? Maybe it masks the message, so you aren't supposed to hear it like normal conversation?

Troy

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
there is a medical condition witch allows people to hear constant ringing in the ears.and its not all that UNcommon for friends and family to have it on the other hand it might just be static.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I hear it when I walk past jewlery stores. Not too often in other places. Strange huh? Must be their alarm systems or something.

(really. I'm not kidding).

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I've ALWAYS had ringing in my ears, as long as I can remember. And the description of it sounding like a TV or monitor is exactly how I've described it. As I've gotten older (I'm just short of 30, now), I tend to sleep with the tv or radio on just low enough to generate white noise.

But this is the first time I've ever thought about it being conspiracy related. I don't think I've ever had super-hearing, but I can listen comprehensively to dual conversations, something I was always told was not usually possible.

Also, I've lived about 40 miles from Edwards AFB all my life, so with all their fancy aircraft and technology flying overhead all the time, who knows what's affecting my ears.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I hear it when I walk past jewlery stores. Not too often in other places. Strange huh? Must be their alarm systems or something.

(really. I'm not kidding).

Strange, yes.

It makes me think of how gemstones, jewels, quartz, etc. are like the endoctrinal system of the earth.

Maybe you are picking up the higher frequencys.

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
yea i got this also...every time i listen about it ii hear that high pitched noise....its normal i guess...

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Oh, I thought you were talking about Top 40 music. Nevermind.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join